+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single target dmg with dom or lock subs?

Default Single target dmg with dom or lock subs?

What soul do you guys reccomend to bring up my single target dmg with lock or dom subs, because ive been toying with a lock/dom build and i'm not really satisfied with my single target dmg. Void bolt hits like a wet noodle and all i have are a few weak dots and lots of utility....

Any help is appreciated.

Try something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Rfk.RsVubk0Gbz

Macro a burst somethong like this
    (after dot'ing em up ofc)
    /cast draining bolt
    /cast dark fury
    /cast death's edict

Should provide some nice burst. If DF lands ofc. 3rd is abit slow.
    Last edited by Slaybreed; 10-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaybreed View Post
    Try something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Rfk.RsVubk0Gbz

Macro a burst somethong like this
    (after dot'ing em up ofc)
    /cast draining bolt
    /cast dark fury
    /cast death's edict

Should provide some nice burst. If DF lands ofc. 3rd is abit slow.
    Yeah i have something similar. I usually post top dmg dealt but really dotting everything is insiginificant dmg imo and causes problems with most controls. I main a rogue and im use to killing key targets in less than 5 second time frames. Dom is appealing because its got great harrassment/stall capability but really would you be better off crippling your target or killing it outright?

I suppose against other r8's, outright kills are rare thus you need to cripple them was my mentality, im just having a hard time squeezing acceptable dmg in as well (or what i consider acceptable)..... Kind of depressing honestly

You want use something similar to Bleed's Pyro/Dom spec. You get mobility (and break free from movement impairing abilities) with flicker, you have all the tricks from Dom and the burst / damage from Pyro.

I've tried all kind of Dom varieties, Necro/Dom, Lock/Dom, Storm/Dom and for me Pyro/Dom give's me the ability to kill things while still bringing lot's of utility. Transference/TI is also useful against NB/RS builds which are a massive problem, just be wary using Storm Shackle on them because they can just port to you without triggering the shackle. If you want to nuke down a dangerous target or healer fast, Priests Lament (for healers), accelerated decay, Transference, Void Shroud + Heat Wave + Split Personality + Fireball (Cinderburst) Spam! Not much lives through that.

So positives from the it are:

+ High Burst damage
    + Dom utility
    + Battlefield control from Transmogrify + Storm Shackle / Deaths edict etc...
    + Cleanse using Deny (Spam it on yourself and others) <- This ability is amazing, especially when another dom try's to shackle/TI you
    + Mana drains
    + Heal debuff
    + Mobility from flicker, heat wave also reset's flicker if used correctly you can keep out of range of those pesky rogues.

Negatives:

- No self heal
    - Squishy compared to Lock based builds
    - Mana intensive
    - No purge - Purging players buffs is becoming more and more important, I do really miss having a purge ability, good players NEED to be purged.
    - Gear. Personally I've only been effective with Pyro\Dom from P6, I tried the spec at lower prestige and it felt really lacklustre, I didn't do the damage or have the extra health/mana to pull it all off.

Pyro/Dom is not for everyone, some people don't like it but it suits my needs and can be a lot of fun, plus you are playing an important role mana draining mages + clerics / disrupting the enemy. Oh and one more tip, with the new breed of Fan Out spamming MM's, they are fantastic for dumping TI on, you will be guaranteed a LOT of procs
    Last edited by Osmosis; 10-16-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Quote Originally Posted by maguino View Post
    What soul do you guys reccomend to bring up my single target dmg with lock or dom subs, because ive been toying with a lock/dom build and i'm not really satisfied with my single target dmg. Void bolt hits like a wet noodle and all i have are a few weak dots and lots of utility....

Any help is appreciated.
    I'm assuming you're about even spit (33 lock/33 dom), because 51 lock 10 dom 5 AM could also be called a "Domlock", but plays like full lock with reflect and deny.... and neural prod.

For 33/33, the answer is you have to apply your delay-triggers (SS and TI) from dom and add your VB+DB+DS/DF from lock to do burst damage on one target. You get collateral AE out of it, not a problem. SP will usually kill someone if used correctly, and you are not exposed to MMs. Masking SS and TI with dots and debuffs helps.

The build is CC heavy and is very survivable therefore you don't get to top damage and kill charts.

Pick targets based on their likelihood to move while pressing buttons when they should not be (melee rogues, non/low-VK warriors. Not wardens, not other locks, and definitely not other doms).
    Last edited by Hethroin; 10-17-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread