+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun Dominator Idea: Transmogrify Weapon

Default Fun Dominator Idea: Transmogrify Weapon

This was a neat ability idea that I was thinking of that would be fun for Dominators

Transmogrify Weapon:

The dominator transmogrifies the enemy's weapon into a random object. The objects are as follows:

-Its a bomb!: The enemy's weapon transforms into a giant bomb! a 10 second countdown appears above the player's head. Each time the player uses an ability with the bomb the counter reduces by one, otherwise it counts down on it's own until cleansed. When the bomb reaches 0 it deals massive AoE fire damage to the player and anyone around them. Players with the bomb are advised to scream for a cleanse or run out of the group.

-Snakes! Snaaakees! The player's weapon transforms into a nest of vipers that sprawls from the player, randomly attacking them and anyone around them. Any player struck by a snake is poisoned. The snakes can be killed and after X seconds or after all the snakes die, the player's weapon returns. The player counts as disarmed for the duration of this ability. Cleansing returns the weapon and kills all snakes in play.

-Rubber Hammer: The player's weapon transforms into a giant rubber hammer. For X seconds whenever the player strike with a melee attack, the player and anyone within a short distance of them becomes knocked back and catapulted away from the target struck.

-Faerie Branch: The player's weapon turns into a faerie branch for X seconds. Whenever the player uses an attack ability, a life bolt shoots from the branch instead and heals the target for X health.

-Stone Tablet: The player's weapon turns into a heavy stone tablet! The massive weight of the weapon forces the enemy to become slowed for X seconds and move 75% slower. The player is unable to use gap closing skills or teleports when holding the slab and is immune to knockback. When striking with the massive slab, the player deals +X more physical damage to the target due to the massive weight of the weapon.

-Lightning Rod: The player's weapon transforms into a lightning rod! Whenever the player uses a skill a bolt of lightning comes down from the sky and shocks them, dealing X air damage.

-Broomstick: The player's weapon turns into a broomstick for X seconds, reducing their base weapon damage to 1-10 for X seconds. In addition, the player's attacks cleanse any targets hit of harmful effects. Squeaky clean!

-Hrolgoth's Hand: The player's weapon turns into Hrolgoth's Hand and the player gains the ability to move 50% faster. While this item is active, the stitched horror Hrolgoth comes looking for his missing hand and emerges from the earth to chase the targeted player. Hrolgoth deals massive death damage when he strikes the player holding the hand.

General of Telara

All very fun ideas apart from the use of the word massive, remove that and they would be workable

Rofl, I'd love a spell like that, Would be hilarious to use on people.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

I think the broomstick would bring massive QQ
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    I think the broomstick would bring massive QQ
    Of course the damage can be scaled appropriately and the weapon dps reduction from the broom can probably be removed, and it only removes 1 harmful effect per attack skill used. The main idea here is the concept of a fun skill that would add an element of random fun to PvP. The mage wouldn't get to pick out what effect happens, its all totally random.

An assassin might pop out of stealth and get his weapon turned into a rubber hammer, go in for his spike and suddenly get catapulted across the screen, or a mage might not be paying attention to the fact that he is holding the hand and suddenly a massive roaring beast comes flying out of nowhere to start pounding him down.

I think something like this would add some hilarity to PvP. There might be one of those times where a high dps warrior gets the slab, and absolutely demolishes someone who isnt paying attention with the bonus damage. I think the big thing to counter this would be situational awareness and good cleansing.

It all comes down to PvP being fun, and implementing fun skills that add variety to the game.
    Last edited by Lunacresia; 10-16-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacresia View Post
    Of course the damage can be scaled appropriately and the weapon dps reduction from the broom can probably be removed. The main idea here is the concept of a fun skill that would add an element of random fun to PvP. The mage wouldn't get to pick out what effect happens, its all totally random.

An assassin might pop out of stealth and get his weapon turned into a rubber hammer, go in for his spike and suddenly get catapulted across the screen, or a mage might not be paying attention to the fact that he is holding the hand and suddenly a massive roaring beast comes flying out of nowhere to start pounding him down.
    They'd whine and get it nerfed like Transference lol

still would be a great spell
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

I loled irl, wish they would add this but sadly I doubt they would, would be hella fun though
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread