+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Hammerknell synergy crystal should I buy?

Default Which Hammerknell synergy crystal should I buy?

Got my crystal drop, and got the Hammerknell helm, and relic gloves.

Now I know that the Warlock one is probably the best, but here's the problem...

I only really use necrolock on Murdantix. See here...

Murtantix: Necrolock (I move in melee range)
    Matron: Scele (4k dps > all)
    Soulrender zilas :Scele (add control role)
    Grugonim: Pyroele (no need to re-do life leech or electrified after each ground phase)
    Valdmir: Pyroele (add switches)
    Sicaron: Pyroele (best spec for timing burst inside holy contracts in my opinion)
    Rune king/Dolin: Mage tanking with chlorolockdom.. would lock crystal would benefit my vile spores and ruin dots??
    Estrode: 51pyro/10dom/5archon gimick spec
    Inquisitor: 51pyro/15archon (infinite mana for firestorm stopcasting with access to flashfire for stunning adds)
    Darktide: Pyroele (lots of single target add switching)
    Akylios - not sure which I'll be using yet. Would it be worth buying lock crystal just for this?? Or?

So after looking at which specs I use for the bosses in Hammerknell, it seems that although the Lock crystal is said to be better, it wouldn't help much. But the 4pt set bonus for the pyro crystal is really bad. Is the stormcaller crystal good at 4part set bonus?

Crystals:
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/07/0...tals-revealed/

To be honest I want the stormcaller one. But trion may be screwwing up stormcaller in 1.6 so I should hold back...

OPINIONS? HALP
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Chaser

Although I do not have any solid numbers and haven't done any testing, on a first look basis, it seems as though the warlock crystal will actually push defilelock to the top of the mage dps charts.

The 10% increased crit rate combined with what is essentially a free tempest is just too good to pass up.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 10-16-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Whislt that may be correct - do you think it will be able to replace pyroele on many of the fights in which seems to be inferior? E.g. Grugonim etc

got the same problem

playing almost the same speccs you are

im gonna buy my crystal depending on the role i'll play at akylios
    cause tbh it doesnt matter for the rest anyways
    so far thats been chloro, cause our usual chloro is on vacation

guess sc/ele is best for phase1+2 + aeing on jornaru+akylios or jornaru+lasher
    its bad for targetswitch tho, and since you should be on stinger-patrol sc/ele kinda sucks

i kinda like warlock, he sucks on aoeing phase 1+2 (he will suck even more if they "fix" stopcasting) but he should be great on stingers - get some dots up and if you got free time you can get dots up on the next stinger or lashers/akylios/jornaru
    the crystal is awesome + you got 2 o-****-buttons for waves+breath

pyro shouldnt be to bad as well, he doesnt suffer from target switches as much as sc/ele does
    + the blink for waves is awesome
    its boring tho :-/
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Whislt that may be correct - do you think it will be able to replace pyroele on many of the fights in which seems to be inferior? E.g. Grugonim etc
    I would say that the increase in damage (And the reports which I have read say it is huge) would mean that it still edges out pyroele when target switching is involved.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Plane Touched

Don't buy the stormcaller crystal.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Shield of Telara

a guildie heard a dev on the pts say the lock crystal be getting the good ol nerf bat.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    a guildie heard a dev on the pts say the lock crystal be getting the good ol nerf bat.
    Makes sense, typical logic. 2 Piece Pyro is best synergy, 4 piece Pyro is worst one. Warlock isn't allowed to have anything good. Go back to being a support class Warlock, no one likes you.

I am going to go 51/15 Necrolock with Necro crystal since if they lower the CD of the 51 point to 2m, that is 2.5x the output from it with longer lich form boosts to EtC, 51pt, and pet.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Makes sense, typical logic. 2 Piece Pyro is best synergy, 4 piece Pyro is worst one. Warlock isn't allowed to have anything good. Go back to being a support class Warlock, no one likes you.

I am going to go 51/15 Necrolock with Necro crystal since if they lower the CD of the 51 point to 2m, that is 2.5x the output from it with longer lich form boosts to EtC, 51pt, and pet.

Yup, I was parsing higher with 51 necro than pyro/ele on the PTS + dummies. Although pyro scales much better with raid buffs(SP, cast time reduction), it was nice to hopefully have a new spec to play with it, getting bored atm. Unfortunately the 4 piece necro bonus probably won't help DPS at all, stacking lich form with mass graves is the only reason necro is doing well over there, the 4 piece will ruin the timing of these two CDs :\

XiL

Have Stormcaller and Warlock. Both are amazing. Both are likely getting nerfed because they are actually good. Getting Necro next. Hopefully when they destroy warlock and stormcaller, Necro will get a boost.

If not then mage isn't going to have a raid spot for anything but archon and chloro and I'll be playing some other game that isn't garbage.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Think I'm gonna wait for 1.6 before buying a crystal I guess lol... so I can see which becomes more viable with spec changes and the bosses of the new raid and which spec would be used most.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Think I'm gonna wait for 1.6 before buying a crystal I guess lol... so I can see which becomes more viable with spec changes and the bosses of the new raid and which spec would be used most.
    If you wait until 1.6 It'll just change again after the nerf in 1.7, then again after the nerf in 1.8. Just keep buying crystals and ride the nerf magewaves~!

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    If you wait until 1.6 It'll just change again after the nerf in 1.7, then again after the nerf in 1.8. Just keep buying crystals and ride the nerf magewaves~!
    Thing is, there are threads in the raiding forum detailing how it would take about 2 years to gear an entire raid with 4 crystals each X_X and I can't(and don't want to) roll on crystals til the rest of the guild got one.

Now I'm tempted for the necro crystal lol... 51 necro looking viable in 1.6

Soulwalker

tbh you'll do amazing dps whichever crystal valery <3

Champion of Telara

The silly thing is, the necro crystal actually desyncs your lich form from your mass graves, effectively making this synergy crystal worthless except for the 2 piece bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast