+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Direction on Mage Leveling Build

Default Direction on Mage Leveling Build

Hey mages! I've recently started leveling my mage again, currently level 26, but I've actually forgotten what direction my spec should be taking from here on out. The spec currently is this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwvR.xxctczk.ccM

Bluedots says to continue filling in Necro, but I know I'd heard elsewhere that it might be better to dump points hard into Lock instead. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Soulwalker

iim still new and only level 20 but my build looks similar, i stacked in VD then went necro from there to boost my pet some and to acquire soul purge. Im from wow so this necro reminds me of wow's locl but the necro is better lol imo. Anyhow it depends on your play style. I love the damage i do and having a personal tank is nice. I already have two builds one is a ele/storm cause i enjoy having a pet unless im pvp'in. Anyhow just stack in what your playstyle is, i would stack in lock because it looks like it can do some damage if spec'd right

Here is the build I used for leveling

I dont usually use pets and this build let me do a lot of damage and level pretty fast. On advice of a guildie I dumped all my points into necro until I got soul purge. Once I got soul purge all my points went into Warlock. With the occasional points into chloro so you can get bloom and heal yourself if you need.

I just used Necro and Warlock mainly with a zero point third soul early on. As soon as you get 2500 favor buy Archmage and you can swap it in for the zero point soul for Break Free to do Warfronts.

Necro and Warlock are all you really need or even Chloro and Warlock once you hit 40 or so and can put enough point into them to make it a decent combo.

+ Reply to Thread