+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Int > SP even after crit softcap?

Shield of Telara

Default Int > SP even after crit softcap?

Tried to search, but didn't find anything on the subject matter once you hit the 45% crit softcap. Do people still value the two the same or does it start to switch back to SP > all? In particular the 17sp rune for staffs vrs the 19int. How big of a nerf does int get over 45?

Telaran

You have 45% crit without talents and selfbuffs?
    Psychicdominator @ Bloodiron

Soulwalker

Default crit int sp

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnerer View Post
    You have 45% crit without talents and selfbuffs?
    Doesnt everyone?
    I am running bout 1700sp whats the int and sp softcaps and bonus's these days cap at?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzuzen View Post
    I am running bout 1700sp whats the int and sp softcaps and bonus's these days cap at?
    1700sp unbuffed? That would be pretty amazing, considering I have 12/14 gear slots with HK gear (missing shoulders and 1 ring) and I'm sitting at 1390sp 1092crit unbuffed. Although I run with Adorned Shadeshard and Abyssal Mark of Power, so >2000sp in raids is pretty common for me.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Tried to search, but didn't find anything on the subject matter once you hit the 45% crit softcap. Do people still value the two the same or does it start to switch back to SP > all? In particular the 17sp rune for staffs vrs the 19int. How big of a nerf does int get over 45?

why would anyone use the 17sp over the 19 int?? 19 int is still 19sp plus mana and crit just for jollies isnt it??

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    why would anyone use the 17sp over the 19 int?? 19 int is still 19sp plus mana and crit just for jollies isnt it??
    Did they change the way Mages get spellpower?

19 int should be giving about 9 or 10 spellpower, and 19 crit rating.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

If you are at the crit cap then spellpower is much more valuable than crit. If you are below then it depends on how much your sp or sc deviate from the rough 2:1 ratio
    Nope.

Plane Walker

Op, the whole premise of your post is not correct. SP>Int anyway. Also with crit you can't compare like with like. It depends on your current crit ratio and talents as well as the crit cap. Usually though crit is crap as Mages get far too much through itemisation.

And since when did you get SP that large?
    Last edited by Zartanic; 10-15-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Azzuzen View Post
    Doesnt everyone?
    I don't know what gear you're wearing but at least with the PvP r8 gear you don't get 45% unbuffed without stacking crit from runes/essences
    Psychicdominator @ Bloodiron

Shield of Telara

You guys don't seem to understand crit cap. If you have 45% from stats(1187 crit), you are WAY over crit cap, assuming you are raiding. Raid buffs give you around 216 crit from stats, though this number can change SLIGHTLY because of the bard buff resonance. this means that for a raider, crit cap is about 971. Chloros have been crit capped for a long time and they should focus on spell power only, not including runes.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    You guys don't seem to understand crit cap. If you have 45% from stats(1187 crit), you are WAY over crit cap, assuming you are raiding. Raid buffs give you around 216 crit from stats, though this number can change SLIGHTLY because of the bard buff resonance. this means that for a raider, crit cap is about 971. Chloros have been crit capped for a long time and they should focus on spell power only, not including runes.
    Not to rain on your parade but the crit caps only affect base stats + gear. They don't take into account raid buffs, consumables or talents.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but the crit caps only affect base stats + gear. They don't take into account raid buffs, consumables or talents.
    hence "soft" cap

lgw

Soft cap affects rating, which is a big but important difference.

Chloros, although softcapped, still value Int over SP due the +25% and the very useful 21% Int->Endu conversion.

But yeah, when you hit the soft cap with all important buffs for your environment you definately should prefer SP over Int.

PS: With P8 gear, Int heavy equip, Valor essences and enough points Int from PA you can hit softcap selfbuffed - remember bonus Int from Dom and/or Pyro, and the fact that quite some of us regularly use flasks even in PVP.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It sure does. The only things that aren't affected are straight % buffs.
    Last edited by ElusiveJones; 10-15-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Wait, am I mistaken?
    Would Acumen from Dominator be affected by the soft cap? I've assumed it doesn't since people have told me talents aren't impacted. Perhaps they were just referring to things like High Voltage and Improved Fireball?
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast