+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK King Molinar and Prince Dollin

Telaran

Default HK King Molinar and Prince Dollin

My guild is working on Sicaron, hopefully this week we’ll be on to the next boss which I believe is King Molinar (please correct me if I'm wrong). I was reading the guide on www.riftstrats.com. It looks like this fight requires a mage to tank Prince Dollin. This spec was recommended in the guide 51 Chloro/6 Dom/9 Ele.

I wanted to know how important it is to have a death/end sigil for this fight? I wouldn’t have any problems putting one together I just don’t want to waste my time if it’s completely unnecessary. I read the boss was nerfed.

I’d be wearing 4 pieces R8 gear w/ synergy if that matters.

Thanks!

Fairly sure our tank still has +27 resist on both shoulders/chest + a full death resist sigil for the fight.

You want to make it as easy as possible on your healers. Our mage tank probably doesn't need all that anymore but why make the fight harder then necessary?
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Telaran

Cool, that's what I waned to know.

I could actually rune my old tormentors shoulders/chest and still wear 2 piece R8 for the extra health without gimping my PvP gear or focus.

Thanks much.
    Last edited by blakeary; 10-13-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Plane Walker

****in jd
    come to faeblight and tank for us.. our mage tank ninja xfered :l

lgw

Don't bother yourself too much.
    Just took my old even trinket and my former HP focused PVP Sigil, reslotted one bad essence with 17 Endu / 24 Death and stacked all HP stuff I could get, like you using P8 gear. With >10k life, constant self healing of Chloro and enough emergency CDs for yourself, the ~3.5k (give or take) I was eating per hit weren't half as bad.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

not sure what the problem is..

i solo them both every day :-)

I tank this for my guild and I use full death resist Sigil, Runes and Vial.

This realy reduces the damage you take and makes it much easier, you can solo heal and reflect Dolin easily
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

using full death sigil, death flask, death trinket, chest+shoulders +27 death resist

im at 297 fullbuffed, would be 20 more if youre a human ;)
    sth around 8.5k hp iirc

imo hp isnt that important, either youre healable or youre not, stacking resist > stacking hp
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    imo hp isnt that important, either youre healable or youre not, stacking resist > stacking hp
    True, but stacking HP is much easier than stacking resists.
    And considering it's very adviseable to have two Cleric fullheal specs plus some extra AOE healing, you don't need to stack resists like crazy. Two times 4/4 Southing Stream keeps me well alive and healthy, and I only need some extra attention during crazy stuff like Vengence and Void below me at the same time and stuff. Only other damage spike is Demolish of King, and NC on King on that easily takes care.
    Hence I simply stacked maxHP and we never had problems. Issues are always other people screwing up, like missing interrupts, dying to random stuff and the like. But since we AOE them, we can afford to install double interrupters and some extra Inquisicars, and thus have a larger margin of error.
    Wildstar PVP inc

lgw

Correction past edit timer: During Demolish of King you o/c put your Natural Converion on Prince and not King.
    Wildstar PVP inc

I've tanked it with 7.1K Hp and 130 Death resist unbuffed. It has a lower margin for error but really you shouldn't die unless you miss reflects. Getting about ~8K hp and 200 Death Resist will make it pretty easy and give you a decent margin for error.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    using full death sigil, death flask, death trinket, chest+shoulders +27 death resist

im at 297 fullbuffed, would be 20 more if youre a human ;)
    sth around 8.5k hp iirc

Pretty much this. I'm a huuuuge fan of resists in general. I'm a human and I had full death sigil, trinket, chest shoulders, etc. I didnt flask though because I didnt think about it.. I just used endurance food and endurance flask.

The tanking part of it becomes second nature.. you can start helping the raid by throwing a flourish when King does his aoe and things like that. It's pretty simple to tank it if you have the DR.

I tank this fight for my guild and run chloro lock with a death resist sigil and death resist chest and shoulders.

we have a 51 chloro synthing me with 6 in dom doing the reflects as well. I sit at 11.3k only casting natural conversion bloom flourish and draining bolt(throwing in dots when cds are up). Wild growth and Neddra's torture depending on what the percentages are looking like(or if we are dpsing through the shield to help with some ae heals). Having 3 big cooldowns essence surge, neddra's essence, and shadow life are nice. 16khp is cool to see haha

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    True, but stacking HP is much easier than stacking resists.
    And considering it's very adviseable to have two Cleric fullheal specs plus some extra AOE healing, you don't need to stack resists like crazy. Two times 4/4 Southing Stream keeps me well alive and healthy, and I only need some extra attention during crazy stuff like Vengence and Void below me at the same time and stuff. Only other damage spike is Demolish of King, and NC on King on that easily takes care.
    Hence I simply stacked maxHP and we never had problems. Issues are always other people screwing up, like missing interrupts, dying to random stuff and the like. But since we AOE them, we can afford to install double interrupters and some extra Inquisicars, and thus have a larger margin of error.
    One cleric healer can easily keep the mage alive in my experience.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    One cleric healer can easily keep the mage alive in my experience.
    True.
    But I was rather referring that with two healers (which is advisable there) one GCD* per 10s of each is easily enough (renewing the 4 stacks of Southing Stream). So if you bring two, you need even less attention, even with not overly stacked resists.
    And due all the chaos going on in that fight and also high damage on the tank, bringing two full heals besides the AOE heals is very advisable.
    Wildstar PVP inc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast