+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Arcanas

Thread: top dps build for PVE

Soulwalker

Default top dps build for PVE

Just got back into rift, took a break since april. I just want to know what is generally the best DPS build for dungeons/raids.

Back then I was told the top dps build was 32storm/30warlock/4ele which I've been using. (im sure yall can figure out which points I have in warlock). Any help would be good thanks.

Rift Disciple

Pyro/ele, storm/ele, necro/lock.

Pyro is easy to learn. Necro is easy to learn. SC takes a little practice. Huge debate between all 3, unless your anal about this game and want perfect DPS, it doesn't matter. Higher raids, your gonna be switching specs all the time anyway.

Ascendant

there's no debate, sc/ele is the best especially if you add in static discharge damage buff for your group. easy win.

pyro & necro are competitive enough in single target -- especially with HK crystals -- that you could run them and not too many would complain. sc/ele pulls ahead in aoe, though.

Soulwalker

ok cool. Can someone post the sc/ele build plz

Soulwalker

I had the same questions a couple of days ago, and was pointed to www.bluedot.org. Amazing guides on lots of specs and rotations there

34sc32ele

pretty self explanitory where points go into (make sure you talent building storm and synergize) :P

rotation is complex..look at bluedots as a start. then develope your own.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    34sc32ele

pretty self explanitory where points go into (make sure you talent building storm and synergize) :P

rotation is complex..look at bluedots as a start. then develope your own.
    is it worth learning the rotation right now when it is possible BS will be gone / nerfed in a future patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxiide View Post
    is it worth learning the rotation right now when it is possible BS will be gone / nerfed in a future patch?
    Building Storm is being replaced with something much simpler in 1.6, so I wouldn't get too attached to it. Though, right now, SC/ele is very fun to play and it's very rewarding.

Im not sure Building storm will be replaced. but if you want to be top ST mage dps in raids, you will master a sc rotation using AB/HS as much as possible

As others have said:

Sc/Ele (34/32) Top dps spec

Pyro/Ele (34/32) Good burst dps spec with little penalty for target switching.

Nec/Lock (28/38 Defile) Top Mobility damage spec
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    Nec/Lock (28/38 Defile) Top Mobility damage spec
    And survivability*
    Soul Purge, Neddra's Essence, Shadow Life, Draining Bolt, 10% Health, Mortality, Warlock Armor.

Also don't discount Track Undead, It will be extremely useful come the zombie apocalypse.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    And survivability*
    Soul Purge, Neddra's Essence, Shadow Life, Draining Bolt, 10% Health, Mortality, Warlock Armor.

Also don't discount Track Undead, It will be extremely useful come the zombie apocalypse.
    Assuming the Track Undead will not be useful, the increase in survivability is quite nice. I think Pyro should produce more dps than Necro/Lock due to the lack of such survivability tools.

Pyro should be our top single target soul, and SC our top AoE soul.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Assuming the Track Undead will not be useful, the increase in survivability is quite nice. I think Pyro should produce more dps than Necro/Lock due to the lack of such survivability tools.

Pyro should be our top single target soul, and SC our top AoE soul.
    I think Pyro does produce more DPS than Necrolock although this assumes not a lot of moving. That's why Trion changed GOP in the last patch I think to reduce this downside in Pyro.

I just wish Trion would state their intentions. I want competitive ST DPS. If this wont happen at any stage I see no reason to keep playing as I have no interest in playing the other classes as my main. I did not roll a Mage to just Heal or be a buff bot.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 10-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread