+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heavy Necro Builds - Any suggestions?

Default Heavy Necro Builds - Any suggestions?

I preface this whole post knowing that everything about the heavy necro builds are basically substandard to other builds. For me, it's just a playstyle I enjoy, and have always played a pet class of some sort be it COV, COH, AA, etc etc.

I tend to WF quite a bit as it's all my time is allotted for at the moment, and just easier to commit to short bursts as opposed to some of the instances/raids. I've returned after some time being away, and fully realize that playing this bloody class in pvp related instances is infuriating, humbling, and more often than not; leaves me screaming at my monitor at the sub par damage output I have.

Saying all of this....is there anyone who has found some good moderate success with a heavy build. If so, wiling to share the build?

Other reason I want to commit to this class is that at some time, Necro might get some love and by having this class down to rote will hopefully help me in the long term.

Any help, suggestions, pointers appreciated. Going to start the search function now as well to see if any old information is still useful.

CJ

Not Heavy Necro but something I've been messing around with had decent success with in open world.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0VkqMrk.xx0R0f
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 10-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

I've played around with heavy necro, and it's fun for one purpose: taking out healers. Scan the targets, find the healer and send your rogue pet in to take him out. Amazing how effective he can be. especially as you gain ranks.

Biggest problem with necro is less survivablility in pvp. It is a serious disadvantage. I gave it up because I was too fagile. But, if you're in a large scrum and can hide in a crowd, it works ok.

Soulwalker

I played a heavy necro build on WF with some success. Concentrating on healers with Last Gasp can be quite fulfilling. Ive almost topped the damage chart once with 350k damage. Pretty good for a necro i think. That being said its hard to find just the right situations to be a big help on WF.

Im only rank 3 so i dont know what its like with the end game gear... maybe a heavy necro will get better.

PVP id suggest just enough points to get Last Gasp. 5 points into archmage and the rest into warlock.

I suggest make a macro for all your pet buffs for when you find an oppertunity to concentrate on a single opponent. Otherwise plan on spamming Dots and Grave Rot on groups and try to stay alive. If you can get last gasp on 5 people around a healer youve definatly done your part.

Ascendant

32 necro / 32 warlock / 2 archmage used to be popular for pvp.

could also try 32 warlock / 16 necro (soul purge) / 18 am

Thanks all. Spent last nite tinkering a bit. Definitely moving some pts from defensive in the archmage to the offensive. Also, going to lose 2-3 pts in necro and move them towards the lock. Probably going to turn out to be some normal split you folks have always used that I don't know about yet.

Still the biggest problem is when the pet goes down and my exhume is spent. I end up running most of the time.

On complete side note, I wish our passives would work in WF's. My sprint would come in so handy on occasion.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    32 necro / 32 warlock / 2 archmage used to be popular for pvp.

could also try 32 warlock / 16 necro (soul purge) / 18 am
    I don't see the point in speccing into Overload for a Necro / Lock build since it's been proven that Overload only affects DoT abilities if the first tick is a crit, which includes Soul Purge. Might as well move those points over to Warlock and get Mass Fear + the extra 15% damage from Neddra's Influence.

The only heavy Necromancer builds I've seen in PvP are 44 point builds revolving around Last Gasp. But it's purely a gimmick spec, something to play if you really enjoy it but certainly not the best.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I don't see the point in speccing into Overload for a Necro / Lock build since it's been proven that Overload only affects DoT abilities if the first tick is a crit, which includes Soul Purge. Might as well move those points over to Warlock and get Mass Fear + the extra 15% damage from Neddra's Influence.
    An initial crit causes those mini-crits on the later ticks even on non-ticks. So I'm going to disagree that overload is not valuable. But I agree heavy warlock is a better build at the moment, especially vs rogues.

Still, it's worth expirimenting with necromancer so you are familiar with it. 32 necro, 32 warlock, 2 am is p good still. Lots of tools. Biggest downside is the pet scales worse than you with gear.

My Sig for the build ya want on Heavy Necro

Basically Last Gasp is your primary form of Killing

Aim for people getting heals/healers and Marksman.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

yup 44 necro last gasp is the jam

xsorus my mage is 46 :P you still on seastone? lets pvp when i hit 50
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

+ Reply to Thread