+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Guard and DOTs

Default Rift Guard and DOTs

I'm having a problem: every time I DOT up a NB/RS I'm getting a constant stream of DOT reflections. I don't ever remember seeing that happen from Warlock Armor, but that's not what's bothering me. It's that it persists through death and absolutely murders my battlefield mobility by preventing me from mounting for soooo lonnnggg.....

What can I do about this?

-Liang

No. You can enjoy the fact that while you're being disabled from mounting by them, the rogue is too, though. Every time the damage reflect hits you mount gets cancelled :\

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    No. You can enjoy the fact that while you're being disabled from mounting by them, the rogue is too, though. Every time the damage reflect hits you mount gets cancelled :\
    Maybe DOT builds are so rare that I've never actually seen this phenomenon before. I'm pretty sure only the first tick of a DOT will prevent mounting. I'll have to do some testing.

-Liang

Ed: I'm also pretty sure that my DOTs don't continue to tick after respawn.
    Last edited by Liang Nuren; 10-13-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Soulwalker

As a Dot spammer ive had this happen to me a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Maybe DOT builds are so rare that I've never actually seen this phenomenon before. I'm pretty sure only the first tick of a DOT will prevent mounting. I'll have to do some testing.

-Liang

Ed: I'm also pretty sure that my DOTs don't continue to tick after respawn.
    It isnt the dot ticking, it's the dot proccing my damage reflect on you (the thing you are whining about in op) which cancels my mounting.

If your dots were removed when you respawned, why would this ever happen?

(Gear)

It isnt the dot ticking, it's the dot proccing my damage reflect on you (the thing you are whining about in op) which cancels my mounting.
    Wait what? So let me make sure I understand this properly:

Situation A:
    A class without Rift Guard is capping a flag and I DOT-interrupt him. He mounts up after the first DOT tick and runs away. I mount up and chase him.

Situation B:
    A RS is capping a flag and I DOT-interrupt him. We both try to mount up, but every time my DOT ticks his Rift Guard interrupts us *BOTH*. I die and respawn and his Rift Guard continues to interrupt me preventing me from mounting even though I died and respawned.

-Liang

I know I'm splitting hairs, but it's Rift Barrier that reflects damage, not Rift Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I know I'm splitting hairs, but it's Rift Barrier that reflects damage, not Rift Guard.
    My bad.

-Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Wait what? So let me make sure I understand this properly:

Situation A:
    A class without Rift Guard is capping a flag and I DOT-interrupt him. He mounts up after the first DOT tick and runs away. I mount up and chase him.

Situation B:
    A RS is capping a flag and I DOT-interrupt him. We both try to mount up, but every time my DOT ticks his Rift Guard interrupts us *BOTH*. I die and respawn and his Rift Guard continues to interrupt me preventing me from mounting even though I died and respawned.

-Liang
    Yes, this has been my experience with rift barrier. If my barrier is doing damage I'm not able to mount, doesn't matter if the guy died, just that he happens to take damage from my reflect while I'm trying to mount.

(Gear)

Yes, this has been my experience with rift barrier. If my barrier is doing damage I'm not able to mount, doesn't matter if the guy died, just that he happens to take damage from my reflect while I'm trying to mount.
    Ok, I take small comfort from the fact it prevents him from mounting too. I still think it's a bug and should be fixed.

-Liang

Champion of Telara

Unfortunately, this is the case with regards to reflect spells and dots.
    I used to play a necro build using last gasp. Had decent success with it too. Then dominators got a lot more popular and suddenly everyone had charge shield on. I cast last gasp on a person.... then I died. When I rezzed, I was still taking damage from charge shield for a good 10 mins or so coz the guy I cast it on kept being in the thick of battle and was constantly being healed. It was terribly irritating that I couldn't mount to run to the fore of the battle.

Needless to say, after awhile, I gave up on the spec which is a pity because it was actually quite decent (better now that last gasp can crit).

+ Reply to Thread