+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BooBoo
  • 2 Post By Aastarius

Thread: Mages please push the devs to stop gimping us. Trion please give us any feedback.

Soulwalker

Default Mages please push the devs to stop gimping us. Trion please give us any feedback.

Why Is this change for Devouring shadows being put forth in such a dumb fashion honestly? Give Devouring shadows a decent cool down and be done with it please. Why add this late start tick crap so devouring shadows becomes a useless aoe that everyone avoids or interrupts just like Mortality. I better hear feedback from the devs on What they plan to do in later patches because with the way things are looking on the Player test server, I just see nerf after nerf and now the stormcaller change. Really? just take all the fun and goodness out of mage and while your at it cut our damage another 5%(sarcasm). Having a viable mage spec in pvp is almost laughable when looking at the competition in PVP. Please Trion I would love to hear your justification for why there hasn't been a substantial buff to any of the mage classes in the last few patches if not a complete overhaul. plague bolt is horrible and the lack of synergy among the trees is down right sad. stormcaller in pvp lacks any damage mitigation or survivability especially when healing comes so easy to all other burst classes without sacrificing damage output. Archon is gonna be the only raid justified class because from what i saw there was a damage loss with the loss of building storm and every stormcaller wept. Really the only viable pvp specs are chloro/lock, pyro/dom (possibly), and last but not least warlock. any other spec simply does not get there when faced with the gods that are rogues, unkillable clerics and warriors who can just blow 4 cooldowns and be in my face for the entire face while i sit and weep as i cant heal myself because of the nerf to healing in pvp and cant cc him off me because he can break free (by this time the cc timer is up) and kill me in the time it takes me to try and run. And dont even get me started on marksman and nightblade riftstalker or riftblade. I could list every class combination from every other class that is viable in pvp but my hands would tire and I would bleed from my eyes as i could not look at the screen anymore. Mages who disagree with me must not play the same game.
    Mages please come together and make yourselves heard. I cannot be the only one who sees this going down.
    Please post what changes you think should be made to the class and please ask trion to give mages some insight into what they plan to do to change the class and make the mage fun and interesting again not just tissue paper in the wind like it seems to be forced into being. thank you for your time and any productive posting is welcome.

You really need to stop just reading thread headers and not the content.

Trion already replied about the Stormcaller change and as for the DS change, there has already been plenty said in other threads and if you look at what Trion have done the the Pyro AoE it's fairly obvious they are experimenting with different ways to handle changes before deciding on a final solution.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    You really need to stop just reading thread headers and not the content.

Trion already replied about the Stormcaller change and as for the DS change, there has already been plenty said in other threads and if you look at what Trion have done the the Pyro AoE it's fairly obvious they are experimenting with different ways to handle changes before deciding on a final solution.
    I doubt that they will invest any time in actually considering a balanced change. Look at the rampant changes they implemented to warriors in prior patches with not even a days notice. Many changes they made to the mage were not even truly justified such as the constant reduction in damage across all mage specs just so they can be wrecked by every other class in PVE and PVP. Its fantastic that they provide constant nerfs and then make no positive changes not to mention that all these changes are dragged out over the life of the game. Why dont they implement a large amount of changes at once in order to see their changes throughout the play environment. I am not paying for this game so i can be subjected to the whims of the devs when deciding whether or not my class is too good or bad. They need to start making changes for the better or there will be nobody left to play their poor excuse for a mage class. Everyone keeps saying "hold on I swear they are totally cooking up something good to fix mage they are just experimenting" I would like to know what they plan to do instead of just sitting here in the dark and i actually want to see it. Is that too much? Why not do a lot and see how it pans out rather than do a little over a long period and get nowhere.

Plane Touched

Historically, mages have been Trion's ***** since launch. I figured folks would be used to it by now. Not sure what you want us to do. I've been sending a bug report every day for the past 2 months. It never gets fixed. Trion doesn't listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Just set my damn score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of you idiots rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome. I am absolutely sick of this crap, if your just gonna rig the gameplay to achieve this 56 ******** everytime then just set it there at the beginning and then let me ****ing play.

Soulwalker

i totally agree with boo boo. i would like to know in advance what going on with the mages. because right now mages fail right now. trion plz do something about us. i would like to compete in pvp, ty

rofl a bunch of drama queens whining about mages Wussup u cant kill ppl under 5 seconds now that rogues gotten the head up?.O Just stop crying u freaking jippering moron kids and learn how to play ur class regardless of how bad or good it is! U got chloro warlock spec which is enough in order to wipe loads of ppl out as well as dominator! I seen loads of chloro/warlock and maybe pyro for a bit of fireball spam wiping out many ppl and taking ages to die when under fire of 7-9 ppl! Mages are pretty op as they are atm so thank god and trion for it! U cant have all mage specs being op! 4 of them are sick already and since 99% of mages plays chloro/warlock/archmage or pyro and 51dominator or chloro/warlock/necromancer for soul purge^^ Just l2p kids or **** and prepare urselves for runescape!
    "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit."

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ezell View Post
    rofl a bunch of drama queens whining about mages Wussup u cant kill ppl under 5 seconds now that rogues gotten the head up?.O Just stop crying u freaking jippering moron kids and learn how to play ur class regardless of how bad or good it is! U got chloro warlock spec which is enough in order to wipe loads of ppl out as well as dominator! I seen loads of chloro/warlock and maybe pyro for a bit of fireball spam wiping out many ppl and taking ages to die when under fire of 7-9 ppl! Mages are pretty op as they are atm so thank god and trion for it! U cant have all mage specs being op! 4 of them are sick already and since 99% of mages plays chloro/warlock/archmage or pyro and 51dominator or chloro/warlock/necromancer for soul purge^^ Just l2p kids or **** and prepare urselves for runescape!
    Surely you jest. I can't see one bit of fact in this entire wall of text.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

congratulations to you for even being able to read it. What language is he speaking?

but seriously before you tell people to l2p why don't you check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIbO0pUEbZc
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Telaran

Less Rift More School.

Thats the problem in the first place why have all the other souls if they only ones good for PvP is warlock, chloro, dom and maby Pyro if thats the case everyone needs to roll one of them if they want to be able to do anything in PvP right? Kind of explains why 99% of mages are that spec dose it not?
    Hail the Defiant!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
    Thats the problem in the first place why have all the other souls if they only ones good for PvP is warlock, chloro, dom and maby Pyro if thats the case everyone needs to roll one of them if they want to be able to do anything in PvP right? Kind of explains why 99% of mages are that spec dose it not?
    You forgot storm-caller, that leaves 5 viable mage souls in pvp. That's more than rogue's have, more than warrirors ever have, and at least equal with clerics. Necro isn't horrible anymore and people have good luck with Warmancer builds. Mage pvp is fine, pve is the only area mages could use some love in.

Soulwalker

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    Surely you jest. I can't see one bit of fact in this entire wall of text.
    I dont pvp but as a viable pve class Mage is gimp. Any good dps War or Rogue should have no trouble out dpsing you unless they have added training dummies to end game content. There is way to much cast time and too many ticking damage spells to make it viable. No other high dps class has this chain attached to their dps and they dont give up armor class or survivability either. Just because we have stackable aoe dosent make us op. You have to be dumb enough to stand there in it. Your stupidity is not a class issue.
    Last edited by Nhtaol; 10-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Telaran

Uhhh except 51 lock 15 archmage or 48/18 is still the best Mage spec out there. Take away dev and were screwed

my opinion on pvp: mage's main pvp strengths imo are stored around group combat, as a solo class or light number pvp it has some issues at high levels in most specs, except perhaps chlorodom or pyrodom. But with even slight incoming healing, specs like chlorolock become that* much harder to kill as you need to burst down even more before heal cds come up.
    I don't think its bad in pvp... but a lot of specs need to be reevaluated in pvp due to lack of solo survivability options (esp outside of heavy chloro and lock) a lot due to the current dr groupings.
    Last edited by Inixia; 10-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread