+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar Attunement

Telaran

Default Planar Attunement

Hi

I was wondering, is there any consensus as to what Planar Attunement tree is the best for a mage?
    Or is it just "If you use a staff go for the ones that increase staff damage"?

Can it be respecced? I think I read somewhere that it can't, but I can't find that anymore, so maybe it can. Would it make sense to respec depending on what you fight?

Oh and last question, is there a differnet PA tree for each role, or is it just 1 for all?

What would be the point of respec'ing something that wasn't limited in the first place? If you use a staff, go for staff...If you want endurance, go for endurance. If you want it all, grind it all out. Respec'ing PA would be pretty pointless.

All trees are the same (as far as I know) for all classes.
    Last edited by mercilous; 10-13-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    What would be the point of respec'ing something that wasn't limited in the first place? If you use a staff, go for staff...If you want endurance, go for endurance. If you want it all, grind it all out. Respec'ing PA would be pretty pointless.

All trees are the same (as far as I know) for all classes.
    The trees are completely unique to each class, Rogues/Warrs get much more benefit from PAs than Mages do.

The point of respeccing would be if you went from MH+OH to Staff because you got a great upgrade and then found you'd spent all your points on upgrades that now provided no benefit.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The trees are completely unique to each class, Rogues/Warrs get much more benefit from PAs than Mages do.

The point of respeccing would be if you went from MH+OH to Staff because you got a great upgrade and then found you'd spent all your points on upgrades that now provided no benefit.
    Ah OK, makes sense that trees would be different depending on class.

About respec'ing though, gaining planar exp is so easy I just don't see a need to respec. You can easily gain ~3 levels within a few hours of PvP'ing,. Adding a respec option wouldn't hurt though, or maybe a different PA for each roll. Either way, its so little of an advantage I don't think it's necessary. I strictly PvP so I'm not a min/max type of guy so all of this is most likely irrelevant to raiders and such.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post

That's pretty much the reason I ask.
    Also for PvP you might want more endurance and defense, while for PvE you might not care about the extra life and want more damage.

Sure you can grind it all out, but "Oh oops, the work of the last 2 months is worthless now because you got a staff now, ah well you can grind it all out again, can't you?" is somewhat silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    That's pretty much the reason I ask.
    Also for PvP you might want more endurance and defense, while for PvE you might not care about the extra life and want more damage.

Sure you can grind it all out, but "Oh oops, the work of the last 2 months is worthless now because you got a staff now, ah well you can grind it all out again, can't you?" is somewhat silly.
    But is it all really wasted? I would imagine you would want to switch from staff to dag/totem or whatever, but wouldn't you still want to keep the run speed/int/wis/end?

Ascendant

You don't have to stick to one tree really. I've opened 3 so far. I just see where my points would be the most useful next for the least points, and sometimes it means opening a new tree and putting 150 pts in something there.

But yes... you pretty much have to stick to staff or 1h/totem, it's kinda a pain if you ask me.

Im thinking a respec option will suck. If you think about EQ1 after a long time when people had 2,000 points (1 point = 1 skill in that game) ... putting in that many points again would take forever. Heck can you imagine when tier 2 and 3 are out.. respeccing into fire, death, water, air, tier 1, tier 2, tier 3.. thatd take fo-evah.

Sure the argument of what if i get a 1h / oh instead of a staff but.. the people I've spoken to are just using it as a way to determine how to itemize. If they have a staff they'll just stick with staff upgrades, if they already have a 1h or good oh they want to stick w/ that. If you cant make up your mind on which weapon to use... spec em both!
    Last edited by Shhhh; 10-13-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Telaran

Well, if someone wants to respec 2000 points, thats up to them isn't it, they shouldn't complain it takes a while. But having the option is nice
    I admit, once you have alot of points it probably doesn't matter that much anymore, since you can just buy some boxes you don't really need, but till then it's really not that great.
    Ok, the bonuses are not very huge, so guess you can survive without it

Also, are there online calculators or something, where you can look at the Tier 2 and 3 trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    Also, are there online calculators or something, where you can look at the Tier 2 and 3 trees?
    Nah they've not been released yet. We're all curious

Oh yeah having to respec dozens/hundreds of levels would be ridiculous. I'm making smart purchases as I go, when I only had Phantasmagoria I didn't pick any weapon specific ones since it sucks, once I got my Darkling Skull I started spamming MH/OH ones since I'm not going to be replacing it until the next tier of raids comes out some time next year.
    Nope.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    About respec'ing though, gaining planar exp is so easy I just don't see a need to respec.
    I don't believe the logic is sound. It's easy to grind up a new 50 in three days, so there is no need to have soul repsecs, is essentially the argument you are making.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 10-13-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    I don't believe the logic is sound. It's easy to grind up a new 50 in three days, so there is no need to have soul repsecs, is essentially the argument you are making.
    No, not even close. With the PA system your merely gaining an additional stat here and there, and a very slight dps upgrade. Respecing 3 INT to 3 WIS isn't going to do to much whereas respecing from warlock to chloro is going to completely change gameplay. I'm not here to persuade people, I'm just stating my opinions.

+ Reply to Thread