+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK Vendor Gear Purchase Order?

Default HK Vendor Gear Purchase Order?

So I'm approaching being able to buy my first piece of HK vendor gear from the merchants and was wondering what approaches people are taking prioritizing their gear purchases?

I looked at the mage gear compendium on http://bluedots.org/mage-gear-list/ and roughly ranked the existing R1 raid items against the R2 raid items and divided by total numbers of marks to purchase to get an idea of cost effectiveness.

After monkeying with it for a bit and placing in priority order I came up with this ratio of marks spent to points gained:

Gloves +17 pts/50 marks = .34
    *Belt +15 pts/50 marks = .28
    Helm +19 pts/80 marks = .23
    Boots +11 pts/50 marks = .22
    Legs +17 pts/100 marks = .17
    Chest +15 pts/100 marks = .15
    Shoulders +10 pts/80 marks = .125
    *I used my existing belt Sash of the Night Eternal for this comparison as there is no raid tier 1 belt from the vendors.

All things being equal, this should give you the most bang for your buck when upgrading gear. Just need to keep in mind the opportunity cost of breaking your existing set bonuses when you upgrade. With that in mind even though its probably not the most efficient use of my marks I will buy the belt so as to keep my existing crafted gear + synergy crystal set bonuses active.

Feedback, or a better way to go?
    Hwasung the Compulsive

Rift Disciple

belt first ,if u can upgrade it to relic (u should have had the most relic mark drops for belt)
    then gloves and head because u will someday need focus for akylios
    after that i would go for boots

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellchen View Post
    belt first ,if u can upgrade it to relic (u should have had the most relic mark drops for belt)
    then gloves and head because u will someday need focus for akylios
    after that i would go for boots
    Same order I went in as well. Then go for whatever you get the relic upgrade next

Unless you expect to be getting to Akylios soon, I'd go for whatever is the biggest upgrade and least likely to drop. ie Pants are from Grug and Chest is from Sicaron so you're less likely to get them any time soon than you are to get the Shoulders from Murdantix or Boots from Matron.

If I were you I'd go Belt > Gloves > Helm > Pants > Chest
    Nope.

Depends on your current gear and what off spec gear drops for you

I went

Gloves > Helm > Belt > Boots > Shoulders

Plane Touched

I went..

gloves > chest > boots

Will prolly go legs next

Why this? Gloves for focus, chest for hawtness, boots because I had crap ones. Besides, I'd suggest people to pick up on what becomes available to them through hexed stuff.

lgw

Hands > Head > rest 1st comes naturally due Focus.
    Question is in which order you purchase the rest, and that highly depends on which Relic pieces you get, your current gear and how quickly you want to get to the P4 bonus -- very important for WL & Chl, decent for SC and not all that urgent for Pyro.

But good info, thanks a lot.
    Just disagree about the boots, because they're really crappy due big crit, nothing else - and I'm already on (or on Chloro way past) the crit softcap, that it's mostly a wasted stat for me. And I figure many folks after some time in HK will be in the same boat.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Gloves -> Legs -> Belt -> Boots for me (need 4 piece otherwise I probably would've gone chest)

All are legendary for me.

I've got the 50 focus helm from Matron.

Chest next for me then shoulders then head.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    Gloves -> Legs -> Belt -> Boots for me (need 4 piece otherwise I probably would've gone chest)

All are legendary for me.

I've got the 50 focus helm from Matron.

Chest next for me then shoulders then head.
    You got the Helm drop, ouch, that thing blows.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

Typically your first four pieces (in no particular order) would be boots, gloves, belt, and hat (or shoulder).

Depending on your main class you might deviate from the above, but that is typically your best route to get your four piece, which is likely going to have a larger impact than a single piece of gear being tier 1 raid vs. tier 2.

Hat and gloves are good to grab as soon as you can for the focus freedom they give. Not having to spam hit runes on everything really helps, plus you'll eventually need it for Akylios.

Check the loot tables and figure out what the likeliest drop you'll get and then focus on the other pieces first. I think King/Prince drops a fancy hat, there's probably a bunch of other drops all over you can look at to figure out which bosses you're clearing etc. Also take into account what hex drops you have access to.

Note that you can opt to swap the hat for the shoulders and retain the same four piece acquisition rate, though if you don't have a HK hat your hit will be lower.

Personally I skipped over the legs or body. There are common enough drops for those and I wanted to get my crystal prioritized before grabbing them. I think the upper guilds are getting like 40ish marks a week, so it doesn't even take that long to get them anymore. Plus Pheonix's Rising will be out shortly for another 12-16 weekly marks.
    Last edited by Phage; 10-13-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You got the Helm drop, ouch, that thing blows.
    The only thing better is the plaque pieces... which is pretty much the same for all the other slots as well. I'll be happy leaving it to upgrade until last. And to be honest our loot drops have been so bad can't throw away anything.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Sword of Telara

Last I knew the belt did not count for synergy. There some reason everyone is jumping on it? Or has it changed?

lgw

Does NOT counter for T1 and PVP gear, does INDEED count for T2 gear.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Telaran

you'll feel like an idiot if you get to akylios and dont have the focus,,, just saying

Champion

I went helm > gloves > belt > boots, soon to be legs then chest I think. Shoulders last as I have the Murdantix drop which other than having 0 end are better than the non-relic mark gear.

Logic being it put me off cycle on the bottleneck for glove relic piece, got me focus upgrades ASAP (but that was when whole top floor had focus requirements), belt was a large upgrade for it's cost and then boots got me the four point. I could have waited and got legs which are also a substantial upgrade but I would have went two weeks without 4 piece bonus.

Shoulders will be last last last.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast