+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Essence set for a dps mage(pve)

Soulwalker

Default Essence set for a dps mage(pve)

So far I have been running with a best dps set I can compile, from the most recent gear list(currently 4.3).
    All lessers, so I'm using pyro spark some water essences and couple death ones basically maxing out SP as much as possible.

I've seen some people focusing heavily on building specific resistance into their sets. E.g. having a set of only life and a set of only death or earth essences, and even air...

Thing I'm wondering is - in which situations(fights) is it worth for a DPS mage to give up some spellpower to gain resistance to specific element? I can understand that it might be more useful for an arhcon to stay alive than to bump out maximum damage. And chloro might want some greaters anyway. But for strictly DPS, maxing resistance for...?

I've been rocking a set of the top six lessers for a while now and they work great on every fight. Although I am not there yet, I've read the general consensus is a water resist core for Akylios. Other than that, mages don't take enough direct damage to warrant a stat swap on the other encounters. I hope that helps.

Rift Disciple

a mage that lives thru the hole encounter does more dps than a dead one

you shouldnt NEED it, but the less dmg you take the less you stress your healers, and when learning a new encounter, every little bit helps

+ Reply to Thread