+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (Newb) and a few questions...

Soulwalker

Default (Newb) and a few questions...

Hi, I just started playing this game last night. I come from other MMOs so I'm privvy to them.
    I have a level 10 neco/lock/chloro on the PvP server, Freeholme
    Ive read a few threads on it and decided I'd go for the necro/lock souls. However at level 5 or 6 I was given a third soul and I chose Chloro. I am planning pvping as much as possible at endgame.

1.Is chloro a good third spec to choose?

2.Can I unlearn specs if I choose to do so in the future? Could I go from my third being Chloro to something else?

3.Any other advice you could give me with this build? I'd greatly appreciate it.

And remember I just started yesterday so I'm a pretty solid newb.

1. 0 point Chloro is handy for radiant spores. However you might wish to consider 0 point dominator for a CC or Archon for some free stat buff abilities.

2. Yes - if you have 0 points in a tree you can swap it to any other tree at any point in time (for example you could swap 0 Chloro into 0 Archmage for PvP)

3. Make sure you get Soul Purge (16 points in Necro) ASAP - you'll love it.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Hey and welcome to Rift!

I don't run a mage but my understanding is that Chloro is generally used to heal while still pumping out decent dps. Maybe as a third soul it would provide some benefits with 0 or very few points into it, but you'll want to compare to what other souls offer at the same level.

One question i can answer for certain is that YES of course you can change souls at any time, and you can buy different "slots" to save several different builds you have come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezekul View Post
    Hi, I just started playing this game last night. I come from other MMOs so I'm privvy to them.
    I have a level 10 neco/lock/chloro on the PvP server, Freeholme
    Ive read a few threads on it and decided I'd go for the necro/lock souls. However at level 5 or 6 I was given a third soul and I chose Chloro. I am planning pvping as much as possible at endgame.

1.Is chloro a good third spec to choose?

2.Can I unlearn specs if I choose to do so in the future? Could I go from my third being Chloro to something else?

3.Any other advice you could give me with this build? I'd greatly appreciate it.

And remember I just started yesterday so I'm a pretty solid newb.
    5/5 GSB || 4/4 RoS || 4/4 GP || 4/4 DH || 1/11 HK || NO PVP
    Deepstrike (Guardian)

Ascendant

Make sure you use the tanking pet when you get him. There is a difference between the two skeletons. When you are in a dungeon make sure you switch to the DPS skeleton. I can't recall what the lower level skeletons are called. I used 0 point archon for the pillaging stone and searing vitality.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the quick replies.

I currently have 2 points into Chloro... for the Tranquiilizing Vine or something of the sort. How can I go about removing those 2 points so I can distribute them elsewhere?

Also what is CC?

http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

This is the best guide I've found for leveling and spending points.

When you get in your 20's I strongly recommend creating a second set of souls and make a healer. You will queue into dungeons about 3-5 times faster as a healer/support than as dps.

Soulwalker

Excellent. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread