+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PvP Video - Chloro/Dom and Chloro/Lock in action

Default PvP Video - Chloro/Dom and Chloro/Lock in action

Black Garden

Enjoy!

P.S. Here's a Pyro/Dom point of view
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 10-12-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Can you please share your spec? Look interesting ... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Black Garden

Enjoy!

P.S. Here's a Pyro/Dom point of view
    Nice vid man. With the incoming DS nerfs, I'm thinking chloro/dom and pyro/dom will end up being some of the more used specs in 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniry View Post
    Can you please share your spec? Look interesting ... Thanks!
    Spec #1

Spec #2

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    Nice vid man. With the incoming DS nerfs, I'm thinking chloro/dom and pyro/dom will end up being some of the more used specs in 1.5.
    i tried Pyro/Dom. Wasn't my taste, too squishy and not enough dmg for the loss of durability. You're screwed against any healer in a 1v1.
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 10-12-2011 at 09:30 AM.

i tried Pyro/Dom. Wasn't my taste, too squishy and not enough dmg for the loss of durability. You're screwed against any healer in a 1v1.
    I'd disagree, but to each their own. Good hunting.

Well, think of it this way.

A good healer in PvP ALWAYS has detaunt and some measurable form of offense.
    Pyro/Dom has no healing but has burst and mana draining capabilities.

You pop Heatwave/Split Personality. He pops detaunt and heals through.
    You pop Traitorous Influence/Mana Wrench. He dispels it.
    Meanwhile, he whittles down your hp which you can't recover except for your shield.

Rogues will immune your Traitorous Influence, Transference and/or Burst.
    Warriors get ***** by ANY type of DOM so they don't count.

You will never beat a Chlorodom because they sacrifice burst for durability.
    Chlorolocks only need to pop Neddra's Essence during your burst.

This was such a fun match we played last night, Syth really does some great video editing. This is what PvP is all about as we had like 4-5 Rank 8's just on our side. Thanks for posting my PoV too <3

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Disciple

I had a 51 Dom and a Chloro/Dom for a while. Why I stopped playing it? Mostly warfronts. I needed that slot for a PvE DPS slot atm (since I don't have my 5th yet). The thing that pissed me off the most was, though it was such an amazing spec, the amount of scrubs that ruined your CC set ups infuriated me. I wish you could either queue as a raid or a full group in warfronts without ever having PUGs join in (like they had dredgion set up in Aion). Cuz there's always some damn scrub that ruins your CC implementations.

I basically end up DPSing because my CCs break, and I'd rather use a DPS spec if I'm gonna DPS. In open world, it's a little bit different. You can have competent people on vent not breaking your CCs.

Well, think of it this way.

A good healer in PvP ALWAYS has detaunt and some measurable form of offense.
    Pyro/Dom has no healing but has burst and mana draining capabilities.

You pop Heatwave/Split Personality. He pops detaunt and heals through.
    You pop Traitorous Influence/Mana Wrench. He dispels it.
    Meanwhile, he whittles down your hp which you can't recover except for your shield.

Rogues will immune your Traitorous Influence, Transference and/or Burst.
    Warriors get ***** by ANY type of DOM so they don't count.

You will never beat a Chlorodom because they sacrifice burst for durability.
    Chlorolocks only need to pop Neddra's Essence during your burst.
    I could think of it the way you're telling me to, but I gotta say my experiences don't really line up with that, especially outside of 1v1 duels.

You're right on chloro/dom. Against a good R8, 1v1, I really can't win. Chlorolock gets beaten by my reflects and deny. Clerics I have very little problem with. Rogues immune hurt every mage spec. And theorycraft is a pointless, and generally useless game.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 10-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardus View Post
    I had a 51 Dom and a Chloro/Dom for a while. Why I stopped playing it? Mostly warfronts. I needed that slot for a PvE DPS slot atm (since I don't have my 5th yet). The thing that pissed me off the most was, though it was such an amazing spec, the amount of scrubs that ruined your CC set ups infuriated me. I wish you could either queue as a raid or a full group in warfronts without ever having PUGs join in (like they had dredgion set up in Aion). Cuz there's always some damn scrub that ruins your CC implementations.

I basically end up DPSing because my CCs break, and I'd rather use a DPS spec if I'm gonna DPS. In open world, it's a little bit different. You can have competent people on vent not breaking your CCs.
    This!! This does my head in!! But it's a pug so I guess it should be expected, it's even more annoying on my Lock specs when I use Mass Fear to get a NB/RS / SIN off me and someone literally within seconds has broken the fear before I even have a chance to get range, it's almost like they are working for the other side. Also with the fan out spam and other AoE flying around CC is being affected more and more.

Default Chloronator

I've been wondering lately what a Chloronator would be like for PVP. Thanks for the video, I will definitely try this tonight.

Cant wait to see Storm Shackle and Flourish at the same time!

Rift Disciple

How come your Chloro/Dom spec looks like it does such horrible damage? What rake were you taking this video? Because honestly, it just looks horrible.

The Pyro/Dom video damage looks about right. It's just the chloro damage I don't get.

- Ice_Hole of OMG Im Drunk

Rift Disciple

The only real difference is I don't use archmage in my chlorolock spec (I don't use the spec often tho, only for a pug WF with little to no heals). I put a 0 point archon in there for 500 HP/ increased stats. Break Free is nice to have, but seems even when I use it, I am immediately CC'd again.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    it's even more annoying on my Lock specs when I use Mass Fear to get a NB/RS / SIN off me and someone literally within seconds has broken the fear before I even have a chance to get range, it's almost like they are working for the other side.
    They do have a short (Shorter than break free) CD teleport that will break the fear. Chances are you are seeing a lot of that. Almost not worth trying to CC them as a lock, unless you are planning on using fear to get them to use the CD, so you can stun them.

Soulwalker

Default nice vid

Nice vid. Good to see some Chloro/Dom action.

Although judging by the way your team dominated, you could have run around wanding as 0/0/0 and still look decent. Would be nice to see some footage under pressure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast