+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Chloro or Cleric?

Rift Disciple

Default Chloro or Cleric?

I'm sure this question has been posted many times, but which is the best healer?

With Chloro, I can combine with Archon and do buffs as well.

It depends on the situation. A good raid will have both, usually more Clerics since they are more flexible in their healing capabilities.
    Nope.

Champion of Telara

20 mans... cleric's are by far better/more versatile with way more reactives and life savers.

5 mans... chloro's are arguably better since the do dmg as well (icar specs generally don't do ST heals too well).

So, basically depends on you. If you never intend to raid, go ahead with the chloro. Used to love chloro till patch 1.3... now chloro's are pigeon holed to 51 chloro builds with the occasional chloro lock for raid heals.

I suggest you don't combine chloro and archon

Shield of Telara

Every raid should have at least 1 Chloro. We are going to have ours solo heal Zilas this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Every raid should have at least 1 Chloro. We are going to have ours solo heal Zilas this week.
    That may work with a very well geared Chloro and a very well geared tank, but is going to fall to pieces as soon as butchers aren't burnt down asap. Massive props if you can pull it off!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoyuki View Post
    I suggest you don't combine chloro and archon
    QFT. I have a cookie-cutter 51Chloro build for 5-man healing and a 51Archon build for raid support. Sometimes if I queue as Support for T2's I will go Archon, but usually I stick with a more dps-firendly build unless the Healer needs support heals.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    QFT. I have a cookie-cutter 51Chloro build for 5-man healing and a 51Archon build for raid support. Sometimes if I queue as Support for T2's I will go Archon, but usually I stick with a more dps-firendly build unless the Healer needs support heals.
    I am really confused at how having a 51 chloro and a 51 archon build has anything to do with his suggestion of not make a chloro/archon hybrid soul like 3x/3x.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

aux

Chloro used to be best, not because of the healing but because of Living Energy. Rogues aren't energy starved anymore since 1.5 though so most of that advantage is gone...
    I don't think one is better than the other right now. Just different playstyles.
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

It really depends on the situation. Both clerics and chloro mages are strong healers. What they heal, how they heal and when they heal are completely different.

The Best? I'd say the best is having both available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I am really confused at how having a 51 chloro and a 51 archon build has anything to do with his suggestion of not make a chloro/archon hybrid soul like 3x/3x.
    In 5-mans a chloro/lock can do better group healing. Most likely your group will benefit from support doing full dps or backup heals depending on the dungeon, bosses, and the skill/equipment of the main healer.

If you're raiding you'll want the benefits of a full Chloro for heals or a full Archon for support. If your raid has a full Archon then Chloro/Archon is superfluous and if the raid doesn't then you're missing out on major buffs and debuffs by not going full Archon.

Of course, you can play Chloro/Archon and kick arse at it and be a benefit to any raid or 5-man group. I'm talking in general in terms of providing the most bang for the buck to your group.

Soulwalker

Default Chloro

I prefer chloro. When I play chloro I love being able to do an average amount of dps when the heals arent fully needed. I never had to have support with 5 mans, and went straight to a t2 after hitting 50 (I bought a couple of focus rich pieces) and didn't have an issue. I just feel lazy when I play cleric.

However.
    There is one thing that a chloro can't handle, and that is aoe spike damage. After we throw out our aoe heal, it's a 20 second cd, which puts us in a bind. This is something that a cleric (ESP dol clerics) excel at, as well as being able to do everything else just as well.

Overall though, the simplicity of healing with chloro, mana never being an issue, doing dps whenever, and the perks of being a Mage (in my eyes) makes chloro the far better choice.
    Last edited by Confuzzled77; 10-12-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Rift Chaser

The better question is "Mage or Cleric"? to which the answer is Rogue

Rift Disciple

I recently started healing as a Chloromancer and I do enjoy the fact that my Mage only needs 1 set of weapons for healing & DPS. I just don't like how inflexible it is, compared to my Cleric (Warden/Sentinel). Like the Chloro has far too many lengthy cast-bar skills, meaning that while casting the 2.5sec main tank heal, I've had times when I'm silenced or charged by a boss, interrupting the cast and the tank dies in the process. In highly mobile fights I won't always have the time to cast spells, or certain bosses (Iron Tombs, Runic Descent, CC) require having to get out of LOS or the boss becomes Immune for a bit, meaning I can't heal for some time.

Chloromancer may be fine for some people but I just find it so inflexible. Especially when I'm used to: being able to heal on the move, heal out of LOS, heal when the boss is immune, have multiple ways to get a group back up to full health in 5 seconds, handle pretty much any boss mechanic. All with my Cleric (Warden/Sentinel).

Soulwalker

I have both, play a Chloro, it takes more skill than a Cleric. Nothing I can't heal, including MMD's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast