+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DiabolicWeapon

Thread: Developers hear our voices.

Default Developers hear our voices.

I would like to start this thread off by saying I love Rift and all of its amazing content. I have been playing Rift since Beta and have played a Mage as my main since. I have also rolled a level 50 rogue which I enjoy as well. When I chose a Mage I had the understanding that Mages would play a huge part in being ranged dps. However as each patch is released I fell as tho Mages are becoming more and more a utility class. I have played many specs on my mage and dream up new specs everyday. I am currently full R8 and full t3/ HK geared and I find myself struggling to be middle of the pack in dps. I watch lesser geared Warriors and Marksmen slam their 2 button macros and surpass the dps that I have to work for. Sometimes I feel like it isn't even worth voicing my concerns because it falls on deaf ears and will be trolled.

I am here to ask the Mage community to constructively ask TRION to listen to what we want out of our classes. Mages should be the top ranged DPS class and AoE in the game. We should have our rotations simplified, like Warriors and Rogues. If not simplified then we should be rewarded for our complex play style and not have to settle for middle of the top dps.

Mages please speak up and keep this post clean and ask nicely for a Mage revamp.

Thanks
    Rash
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=172928&dateline=13143  95932

CONFIRM FOR MAD?

XiL

We already were top Ranged and AoE DPS. Just not top Single Target verses Melee while they are in Melee range.

However, thanks to all this wonderful crying about how much harder mage is than other classes, instead of increasing the damage to reward those who have mastered the class, they have chosen instead to simplify the calling. Now we will be able to use 2 macros like everyone else and it will make perfect sense for mage to be useless as DPS for raiding.

I know what you are probably thinking. But if you type the word ******, they will ban you for 5 days without warning. So think it to yourself.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Instead of buffing the mage class, trion has nerfed the spec to satisfy all of the bad mages and the dev who can't do a building storm rotation.

I seriously hope we can bring more than top utility to raid deeps.

Need a reramp. good mages get out dpsed by other good callings with equal gear. bads get out dpsed way more.

Plane Touched

It's such bad design. If they want to fix the toggle crap with SC fine, but instead they are making it a button mash with sub par results. Either make Pyro or Warlock make up the difference or come dec. this game will be a graveyard.

Rift Disciple

Wait a minute? You are R8 and are middle of the Pack in terms of DPS in a WF? You must be horrible? What's your handicap? Clicker, or keyboard turner? I mean honestly, you have to have an excuse for why this is true.

I have been top damage and KB's since R4.

Or maybe you are like 90% of the other mages who actually think that Chloro/lock is a good build for pvp? Although even that I come out in top 3 damage, and top 3 heals. Mage is damn good. I hope they don't simplify the class's, most are already just about as simple as it gets IMHO.

- Ice_Hole of OMG Im Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    We already were top Ranged and AoE DPS. Just not top Single Target verses Melee while they are in Melee range.
    Top AE DPS? Sure.
    Top Ranged DPS? Not even close.

Are there any encounters where having the best AE in the game matters? No. Especially when Rogues/Rogues and 4pce Warriors can do 80% of what Sc/ele's can anyway with less effort.

You can have fun padding your meters with AE damage while the other callings that have great ST DPS make a difference to encounters by actually doing DPS when it's needed or makes a difference.

I still don't see any advantage to having Mages DPS over Rogues for ST/AE and Cabs for AE.

Shadowlander

Rift is a great dynamicly developing game with a lot of good MMORG ideas realized ingame, but...
    But what devs doing with mage calling is totaly wrong. News about 2 upcoming and completly stupid mage nerfs made me cancel my subscrtibtion (i was intened to subscribe for year) . Good luck with loosing more playes due to stupid nerfs Trion.
    P.S. HK rading mage with 5/11 progress with ST DPS sefbuffed 1640.
    Last edited by Asghan; 10-11-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    it's all about the Magic

rofl noob they canceled the changes.

owned

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

They have reversed the changes to BS. Well they never actually implemented the changes.. they just tested them on a very early build on the PTS.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3257893

I am glad they listened to the level headed and logical feedback from the mage community. It is unfortunate that the level headed feedback agreed with the feedback that was delivered with capitol letters and lots of *'s, as those individuals will come under the false impression that they had anything to do with the changes.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    They have reversed the changes to BS. Well they never actually implemented the changes.. they just tested them on a very early build on the PTS.

I am glad they listened to the level headed and logical feedback from the mage community. It is unfortunate that the level headed feedback agreed with the feedback that was delivered with capitol letters and lots of *'s, as those individuals will come under the false impression that they had anything to do with the changes.
    Hey look greendot is trolling again. Remember 5 days ago when the patch wasn't on PTS yet greendot? When I was banned for triggering the chat filter in a completely unrelated thread. How's yer foot taste. Does it taste like the foot of someone who's bad at playing mage?
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post

Unbelivable At least they will not nerf mages more for now at least.
    it's all about the Magic

Plane Touched

I think a bigger concern that I have is the fact that they thought that change was going to work. I mean, is there any sort of internal testing going on before they release pts patches? I'm not raging, just very concerned for the future of rift. I feel like trion needs more dedicated people who know exactly what they are doing. I have a feeling atm they are understaffed or have people multi tasking too many things at once. I just hope that they will listen to the community and come up with proper fixes in the future.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

+ Reply to Thread