+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you/am I crit capped?

Shield of Telara

Default Are you/am I crit capped?

I apologize if this has already been done, but I haven't seen it so I figured I'd share what I came up with, and please correct me if anything I put up is incorrect. This is mostly for DPS as chloro's have been hitting crit cap forever with natural awareness. Please note that I started doing this when I was trying to figure out the most efficient way to get the necessary water resist for akylios. I ended up with 4 water lessers + the water core itself, 2 water resist runes(chest+shoulders) while still being able to use brightsurge vials. This puts me at 208 WR raid buffed. I didn't go overboard because I am r8 and the extra endurance has proven very helpful so far. So helpful that I've gotten away with 58 water resist up until akylios. Anyways on with the crit capping...

- crit cap = 45% from stats = 1187 spell crit.
    - 52 int. from bard, 52 from archon, 40 from pillaging stone stacks, 35(or 40 with heroic) from vials = 179(184)
    - The next step gets iffy because resonance increases your base int. by 5% so you need to figure exactly how much you get, for me at 751 base int, resonance is giving me 37 int. 179+37 = 216(221 with heroic brightsurge)
    - Raid buffed = +216 int and therefore crit.

- Crit cap - Raid buffs = unbuffed crit crap or...
    - 1187 - 216 = 971

Now most of you progressing through HK(and hopefully all of you who are finished with it) have already figured this, assuming I am correct. But if you are like me and just ASSUMED you were still a bit away from crit cap, check again, I was disgusted when I saw my spell crit at almost 1300 raid buffed and only at 45.9% crit chance from stats. So assuming I am correct, if you are over 971 spell crit completely unbuffed, start switching crit essences to spell power ones, otherwise you are simply wasting stats.

Shield of Telara

Bump due to recent confusion on crit caps

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

If it changes your Crit Rating, it is subject to diminishing returns. Int buffs, Int talents, etc.
    If it gives you an additional %Chance to crit, it is not subject to diminishing returns.

Before you hit soft cap:
    1% Crit = 26.375 rating

After you hit soft cap:
    1% Crit = 131.75 rating

Sword of Telara

Maybe people who think dummy parsing and unbuffed = need more crit will finally look at this and see they don't need to keep stacking INT.

Don't forget these buffs as well:
    Belt (10 int) Mathosian BiS rune
    Boots(12 int) Unseen BiS Rune

Chest/Shoulders will have water resist and helm/leggings will have focus/SP. Should show this to clerics too who think crit > SP when you hit cap so easily and have full crit source machines + enchants.

+ Reply to Thread