+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG I Won The Need Roll!

Default OMG I Won The Need Roll!

So my Mage is still not ready to raid yet. I am running T2's every day, blah blah blah. I am currently using the Clever Spellstaff of Raging Lightning, but was fortunate enough to get the Grand Bauble of Brilliance from DSM. This is basically the best offhand you can get before raiding. So in order to get a combination greater than my staff I have been running RD for the Twisted Dirk of the Arcane and DD for Entropy. I have yet to see them drop, let alone roll for them. I know I will be excited when one of these drops, thrilled if I win and heartbroken but determined to keep trying if I lose.

I want to hear about that one item you've been longing for, when it dropped and you won it. Let's hear some tales of awesome winning!

Ascendant

Farmed xIT and xDSM for Uncorrupted Ancient Life Wand and Sacred Heirloom of the Eth for weeks and got both of them by helping some randoms that asked for a healer in 50 chat.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Plane Walker

Farmed xRotF for the set ring after getting the one in xKB on a random go through for the epic life quest...

It wasn't an upgrade, I just wanted to complete the set...

Ran an xRotF every day for a month :\

After 4 months of clearing RoS I finally got my Darkling Skull today.
    Made me very happy, did notice other players trying to stand on me for the proc later on in HK....
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    After 4 months of clearing RoS I finally got my Darkling Skull today.
    Made me very happy, did notice other players trying to stand on me for the proc later on in HK....
    It's going to be tough for you to justify getting an HK oh now

For me it was finally getting a raid level ring from lgs after 4 months of raiding.
    Last edited by Vayra; 10-12-2011 at 03:58 AM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

For me it would have to be running a pug RoS with my cleric alt and winning the 1h relic with a roll of 100

Ascendant

1) Relic bow drops from GSB
    2) Pocketemu rolls a 96 and says he doesn't want it because he has the R8 bow.
    3) Relic 1her drops from GSB the next week
    4) Pocketemu rolls a 100 and takes it.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It's going to be tough for you to justify getting an HK oh now
    Darkling Skull is BiS including the HK offhands. Its proc even makes it better than the Relic from Akylios.
    I'll be wearing it into the new year I imagine
    Nope.

Shadowlander

3 Alsbeth kills so far = 3 Darkling skulls for our guild.
    RNG is RNG. Ofc I have yet to see a trinket from Hylas or some other nice stuff.

Regards,
    Deya

Quote Originally Posted by Deygmh View Post
    3 Alsbeth kills so far = 3 Darkling skulls for our guild.
    RNG is RNG. Ofc I have yet to see a trinket from Hylas or some other nice stuff.

Regards,
    Deya
    Wow, you guys have an incredibly lucky guild. DS is the best item in the game. I know my old guild got 3 of them in the first 5 or 6 weeks, unfortunately I was a staff user at the time so it took me ages to get mine
    Nope.

I won this last night in HK: http://rift.zam.com/en/item/94D3D9B3...ard#Dropped_By

Funny story: The winning DKP bid came from another mage in my guild who zoned out after we defeated Zilas to respec for the Vladmal fight. Since he couldn't recieve it, it went to the next highest bidder in line. The next highest bidder had recently won Staff of the Inevitable from Alsbeth a couple weeks ago, so she passed it to me! It was a huge upgrade for me since I was using a main and off hand from T1 raids. I'm thrilled to say the least and I love my guild, Altruistic Valorians!

To be honest, my mage had great luck w\ T2 drops.

Not sure what the off hand is, but I have Entropy which gives me a little more spell power than my other staff I use for raiding because it has +68 focus and an additional focus rune on it. I have never even bothered looking up certain drops to see what could drop in a dungeon.

My poor rogue though has been surviving on bits... running T2's in pvp gear... never getting a good drop, etc. But then when I run T2's on my mage some good bow or leathers always drop. Usually only running every once in a while because DPS queue times are ridiculous.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Soulwalker

4 relic staffs from greenscale, 2 relic off hands from alsbeth and i finally win my 1h from gsb. now i'm just waiting for the ds to drop from alsbeth again, it's been 3 weeks. hope i get it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Not sure what the off hand is, but I have Entropy which gives me a little more spell power than my other staff I use for raiding because it has +68 focus and an additional focus rune on it.
    Jealous!

I have yet to see Entropy or the other dagger, but I have gotten a nice blue wand and one or two really nice purple rings with 29-30 focus each.
    Last edited by Pope Zaphod; 10-13-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Ascendant

I got my Winter's Woe last night. I was the only mage without it, but I was still excited.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast