+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Flawless DPS Sigil

Soulwalker

Default Flawless DPS Sigil

Looking to know what some of these 2k parse ST dps speced mages are using for sigils. I have the water resist sigil full of the high int/sp lessers from inscribed sourcestones.. but was wondering if i could make something a little better? Im going for the highest dps boost as far as stats go..

Ascendant

use the spreadsheet.

Necrotic rage
    Oh, sorry, you are a defiant?
    Then reroll, you will never be a truly hardcore mage if you miss the bis essence.

Rift Chaser

Couple of questions

1) I don't see the "Lifetouched Soulstone" essence listed that is also sold by the Synergy Crystal merchant.
    Has anyone tried it?
    Is it so useless that it does not even warrant being included in the list or am I just not seeing it?

If you were looking for a Healing Sigil rathat than a DPS one would the "Lifetouched Soulstone" essence be worth getting over an Epic lesser?

How does the "Crystal Vine" essence compare to the Epic Lessers for a Healing Sigil?
    Is the Crystal Vine better or is it still considered better to replace it with an Epic Lesser?
    Last edited by Nightreaver; 10-11-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nightreaver View Post
    How does the "Crystal Vine" essence compare to the Epic Lessers for a Healing Sigil?
    Is the Crystal Vine better or is it still considered better to replace it with an Epic Lesser?
    I don't think it's well studied ... but I used crystal vine (HOT) and the epic drop from water rift (ABSORB).

If you are healing the Greaters you use are:
    Hailstone Tideshard > Frozen Tear of the Deep > Crystal Vine > Lesser essences
    Nope.

lgw

DPS any: 2x Water (vendor), 2x Death (vendor), 1x Fire (vendor), 1x greater RR Death
    DPS anti-water: 2x Water (vendor), 3x Int RR Water, 1x Wis RR Water (in Water resist Sigil)

Have a full sigil of no1, only lacking one random drop for no1, and have a similar version to no1 with two shielding greaters. What you gonna do with those Inscribed, if you're still running RRDs day in, day out to help guildys get gear ?!
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Necrotic rage
    Oh, sorry, you are a defiant?
    Then reroll, you will never be a truly hardcore mage if you miss the bis essence.
    You do realize a lot of mages got rid of it because of how bugged the animation is within HK right?
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    You do realize a lot of mages got rid of it because of how bugged the animation is within HK right?
    Not only bugged for yourself, but bugged and leading to wipes for the whole group - take alone Zilas or the new mFT Wolf boss.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Not only bugged for yourself, but bugged and leading to wipes for the whole group - take alone Zilas or the new mFT Wolf boss.
    My guild recently got into HK. How does it affect fights? Any information would nice.

Thanks

lgw

Simply don't use it on certain fights - at least Sica, then also maybe Estrode or some other Biss I can't remember. Basically the polymorph of the essence "overwrites" / "hides" some very encounter relevant buff.
    Wildstar PVP inc

After getting to Aklylios it seems the only fight that you can't use necrotic rage reliably is Sicaron. That said, last run I accidently left my necrotic rage sigil equipted, and got an unholy contract 4 times but didnt wipe us even though the circle was invisible to me lol.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    After getting to Aklylios it seems the only fight that you can't use necrotic rage reliably is Sicaron. That said, last run I accidently left my necrotic rage sigil equipted, and got an unholy contract 4 times but didnt wipe us even though the circle was invisible to me lol.
    Thanks! That helps a lot! I'll let my guild know about this.

Soulwalker

i actually havent even placed my necrotic rage, because i dont want to waste it/ or have to replace all other essences to fix the sigil. As far as consistant dps (HK Fights) im guessing that the highest dps boost will be maxing out all slots with lessers that are giving you the most spellpower? or raw dps?

try

#show "insert-mount-name"
    suppressmacrofailures
    use "insert-mount-name"
    cancelbuff Necrotic Rage

hit that button if you got contract by Sicaron

they did fix that necrotic rage wouldnt procc anymore, if you canceled it, so no need to reequip your whole sigil afterwards

and yeah, Necrotic Rage is still BiS
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast