+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost playing a Pyro/Ele

Default Lost playing a Pyro/Ele

Hello all...

I have been away from Rift for a while, but recently rejoined. My mage has always been a Necro ever since beta. I want to play a different class, and have set up a soul for Pyro/Ele/Arch at 34/31/0 (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...s.Vthz0xoAzz.0). Here's my problem...

I've never played anything but a Necro. What buffs do I use for this build? What pet do I call? What is my rotation for PvE? I'm as lost as many could be. Any help is appreciated!

From --> http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/

If you are a real Mage you understand that Fire is always the best kind of magic. Therefore, this is the best spec in the game. All kidding aside this build has strong single target, and good AoE damage. It has limited, but very unique, utility with Flicker. It also suffers the same drawback, albeit less severely, as Zoomancer does in that it relies very heavily on the cooldowns to propel the DPS. It does not, however, suffer from buggy uncontrollable pets, which makes it a much more common and reliable build.

A portion of the DPS in this build comes from the DoT that Fireball has a chance to apply. This DoT can stack up to 3 times, and can contribute a lot of damage if you get lucky with the refreshes.

First setup this macro. This is your primary spam button. Flame Bolt, Countdown and Ignite will only cast while you are moving or otherwise cannot cast a non-instant spell:

#show fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast fireball
    cast flame bolt
    cast countdown
    cast ignite

The rotation for this build is more of a priority system. First make sure you have Pyromancer Armor and Glyph of Power, and your Greater Air Elemental is summoned.
    1.Intensify Elements. If full charge and off cooldown.
    2.Heatwave. If full charge and off cooldown.
    3.Internalize Charge. If full charge, or if Pyro Armor has proc’d.
    4.Cinder Burst. If Pyro Armor has proc’d and if Internalize Charge is active (activate it if it isn’t).
    5.Inferno. If mob is below 30% and if there are no stacks of the Fireball DoT on the target.
    6.Fireball. Spam the macro.
    7.Withering Flames. Only if you will not take any damage, only if you have full charge, and only if you have no stacks of the Fireball DoT on the target. Also do not use it while using Internalize Charge or while your cooldowns are up.

Heatwave resets the cooldowns of Intensify Elements, which allows you to get 30 seconds of Intensify Elements. I typically use this rotation for the cooldowns:
    1.Internalize Charge.
    2.Intensify Elements.
    3.Heatwave.
    4.Fireball for 15 seconds.
    5.Intensify Elements.
    6.Internalize Charge.
    7.Continue rotation until Heatwave is off cooldown.
    8.Internalize Charge.
    9.Heatwave.
    10.Intensify Elements.
    11.The cooldowns will be lined up again.

I do not use Inferno in my macro. If Inferno is in the macro and the mob is above 30% it has to go to the server and check, then come back and tell you “Required conditions not met”. This causes a .1 – .3 second delay which will cost you dearly in the long run. Inferno is good to cast if you do not have any stacks of the Fireball DoT on the target. If you have any stacks of Fireball on the target keep casting Fireball. This gives you a chance to refresh and increase the stacks. If there are no stacks of Fireball, cast Inferno on cooldown.

There has been a lot of discussion about Withering Flames, and it is not a simple thing to test due to the RNG of Fireball DoTs.

Cleric Tank

Rift Disciple

1. spend your 1 point

2. without t1/2 synergy crystal
    pyro armor, glyph of power, int buff
    spam fireball -> cinderburst on armor proc

3. with synergy crystal
    fire armor, glyph of power, int buff
    spam fireball

4. use cool downs when available

Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    1. spend your 1 point

2. without t1/2 synergy crystal
    pyro armor, glyph of power, int buff
    spam fireball -> cinderburst on armor proc

3. with synergy crystal
    fire armor, glyph of power, int buff
    spam fireball

4. use cool downs when available
    This. Just remember that (in case you dont have the SC): keeping combust stacks up (in other words, spamming fireball when you have at least one stack) > Cinderburst > Inferno

At least thats what I was told
    Last edited by Erhnam; 10-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread