+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (PvP) ArP & Mages

Rift Master

Default (PvP) ArP & Mages

With the 1.5 buff to Rogues (MM/Sin/NB) I am worried about the amount of ArP (Armor Penetration) MM has. I am convinced now that MM dominates Mages in group PvP.

Look at Mage physical damage mitigation and don't say spec for it in PvP tree.

Trion a Gun is not an argument.

The answer probably lies in buffing the Archmage tree which is pretty appalling right now. Noone even considers the defensive lines as they are so weak.

As for the end of tree abilities, just lol.
    Last edited by Naduri; 10-11-2011 at 04:32 AM.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Naduri View Post
    The answer probably lies in buffing the Archmage tree which is pretty appalling right now. Noone even considers the defensive lines as they are so weak.

As for the end of tree abilities, just lol.
    Good point, though if Trion dose what it has always done, ArP and mage physical mitigation will not be addressed.

The mage calling needs buffs and/or complete reworks across the board. Most specs blow, and those that do not or only relatively so do not work as needed/intended. When they are done fixing those seven flawed souls we have now (and reverting the nerfs to wl), they will have enough time to look into the pvp soul.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Ya the defensive side of archmage is quite sad.

I agree the mage calling needs some serious loving on the synergy end of things. So many builds all suck.

The only one that is good is lock, it's a good builder. Anything without lock really hurts in pvp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    With the 1.5 buff to Rogues (MM/Sin/NB) I am worried about the amount of ArP (Armor Penetration) MM has. I am convinced now that MM dominates Mages in group PvP.

Look at Mage physical damage mitigation and don't say spec for it in PvP tree.

Trion a Gun is not an argument.
    The munition is a 25% armour penetration. 25% of not much is not much. No Mm will use that munition on a mage - they'll be using electtrified.

Non Issue.

What world do you live in where MM dominate Mages in any form of pvp? You obviously aren't fighting them correctly or using the wrong build. Yes, I'm sorry but Vampiric munitions is going to **** your Chlorolock build. Just be extremely aggressive and make them eat fire, you're the only class they can't really kite.

The good mages are worried about how they can stop Nightblades right now, not crappy MM

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Soulwalker

How do you kite someone who has more range than you ?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    Ya the defensive side of archmage is quite sad.

I agree the mage calling needs some serious loving on the synergy end of things. So many builds all suck.

The only one that is good is lock, it's a good builder. Anything without lock really hurts in pvp.
    I don't think Synergy is the problem. Between pve and pvp our souls work together pretty well. It's that in pvp you have Lock and Dom. Chloro is used to stay alive or duel, and Stormcaller is at best a crappy cab. The other souls just don't cut it in pvp, at least not without uses of the above mentioned souls.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    The munition is a 25% armour penetration. 25% of not much is not much. No Mm will use that munition on a mage - they'll be using electtrified.

Non Issue.
    Not sure I agree, I took my P8 Rogue and speced MM then tested and found ArP buff gave much better numbers than electrf.

Until some one can actually show me numbers I'll go by the tests I did which all show ArP buff > electrf buff.

+ Reply to Thread