+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What are mages masters of?

Rift Chaser

Default What are mages masters of?

Usually mages are top DPS in PvE (or PvP) because they are the squishiest. Glass cannons with some cc since low hp and low armor. Doesn't seem to be the case in this game so I am just curious what Trion's vision is for mages at the moment.

raids, a pet class

pvp, a CC class that has to balance CC timers like a surgeon.

I'll get flak for this, I'm sure, but I'd say that a capable Chloromancer is easily the most powerful healer in any raid.
    Fyurie: 60 Mage
    Check my stream: www.twitch.tv/fyurie
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Malevolence (Icewatch Defiant)
    4/4 TotDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE

Rift Disciple

We are masters at getting ourselves nerfed.

Mages are the masters of awesomeness. Well in my world anyway. I love my mages.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion of Telara

Uhmm... chloromancers don't come close to clerics various healing options. Only advantage chloro has is that it is all rolled into 1 build.

Masters of whining comes to mind... but I think the war's rogue's do that better now.

Master of AoE? With archon changes, I would say we have the best buff bot in town. Kind of sad I know.

We have the best.... weapon augment (shared with clerics)? The fact that we need a 200 SP augment to make us viable DPS is another sticking point.

Shield of Telara

No one puts out more healing numbers than a good chloro, that doesn't mean they are the best, though....

Rift Chaser

I would agree with chloro, but no aoe cleanse really hurts us on some encounters.

What are mages masters of?

diversity

followed closely...if not on par with rogue for choice
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 10-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    who took my names!

Some chloros make me wonder. They queue as heals, toss Synthesis on the tank, and then spam Natural Healing for the rest of the run.

Anyhow, I'd say we're the masters of getting loot. Since the other callings are flooded with people, naturally the raids will be flooded with other classes. So even if it's not intentional calling filtering, Mages are going to make up a rather small amount of any given raid. That means any armor upgrade goes our way either automatically or after out-rolling one other person, instead of having to roll against 3-6 other people for a new pair of gloves. I've even gotten a very sexy staff (for my gear level) over the clerics in the raid who had an equally legitimate claim, simply because of a "staff = mage" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    Anyhow, I'd say we're the masters of getting loot. Since the other callings are flooded with people, naturally the raids will be flooded with other classes. So even if it's not intentional calling filtering, Mages are going to make up a rather small amount of any given raid. That means any armor upgrade goes our way either automatically or after out-rolling one other person, instead of having to roll against 3-6 other people for a new pair of gloves. I've even gotten a very sexy staff (for my gear level) over the clerics in the raid who had an equally legitimate claim, simply because of a "staff = mage" mentality.
    I disagree with this massively, we regularly run with 5 of each class and due to the fact that every mage needs the exact same gear and the other classes have multiple gear sets we actually get a lot less loot and are less geared then our Warriors or Clerics for example.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Mages are the masters of QQing about how underpowered their class is. Followed closely by their mastery of trying to cover up any OP specs they have.

In all seriousness:
    They are the masters of PVP (Note: If you're good and know how to counter-spec).
    They are the masters of AOE (Note: If you're good...).
    They are the masters of raid healing (Okay, this is "iffy", but...it gets pretty absurd at points. Especially on Sicaron).
    They are the masters of pet classes (Lol, every mage DPS spec has one!).

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Mages are the masters of QQing about how underpowered their class is. Followed closely by their mastery of trying to cover up any OP specs they have.
    I would have agreed with you pre 1.4
    Now I believe the title of master QQ belongs to either wars or rogues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatron View Post
    Usually mages are top DPS in PvE (or PvP) because they are the squishiest. Glass cannons with some cc since low hp and low armor. Doesn't seem to be the case in this game so I am just curious what Trion's vision is for mages at the moment.
    easy favor.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post

In all seriousness:
    They are the masters of PVP (Note: If you're good and know how to counter-spec).
    wrong, that's rogues
    They are the masters of AOE (Note: If you're good...).
    wrong, tha'ts cabalist
    They are the masters of raid healing (Okay, this is "iffy", but...it gets pretty absurd at points. Especially on Sicaron).
    wrong, that's *ticar
    They are the masters of pet classes (Lol, every mage DPS spec has one!).
    wrong, even with the pet damage combined no mage dps can reach warriors and rogue.
    game over, for more play insert coin.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast