+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rekindled Flameshard + Cinder Flamesource Greater Essence test

Rift Disciple

Default Rekindled Flameshard + Cinder Flamesource Greater Essence test

I picked up these two greater essences a while back but never had enough spare Inscribed sourcestone to test them until today.

Using a planar focus with 4 best vendor lesser essences fromhttp://bluedots.org/mage-gear-list/ and Rekindled Flameshard + Cinder Flamesource I cast Fireball at boss dummy for 8 minutes.

Then I switched to a planar focus with the same 4 lesser essences + 5th and 6th lessers on the list. Again, cast Fireball at boss dummy for 8 minutes.

Parses were surprisingly almost identical (+1% higher on the 2nd test with 6 lessers) which is pretty much statistically insignificant on an 8 minute test. So, I have no reason to use the two Greater proc essences, as I lose some resist and mana pool.

I knew beforehand that the Greater Essences and most procs in general in game continue to be rather lame, but I wanted some proof. Just thought I'd share my results. Maybe sometime Trion will get around to buffing Greaters and I will test again.

Yeah it's pretty well known that the Greaters are all rubbish, with the exception of Necrotic Rage.
    Expect to see Trion doing a better job with itemisation when T2 Raid Rifts are released, hopefully in 1.6.
    Nope.

If they would just put stats from the better lessers onto the greaters while keeping the procs, etc., it would make them fine.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Rift Chaser

Thoughts on the adorned shadeshard? It seems to me like it's better than a lesser considering it "averages" to 30sp which is higher than all but 5 lessers in the SP dept. as well as the nature of pyro/sc liking big numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    Thoughts on the adorned shadeshard? It seems to me like it's better than a lesser considering it "averages" to 30sp which is higher than all but 5 lessers in the SP dept. as well as the nature of pyro/sc liking big numbers
    Adorned Shadeshard is worth ~29sp whereas there are 20 Lesser worth 30sp or more.
    Good Pyros don't pull big numbers anymore, they just spam Fireball.
    Nope.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Adorned is great. For example it procs and 5 stacks go up. Then do a channeled spell that has multiple ticks in it(soul purge, DS etc.). It won't remove a stack if it's channelled. This makes it worth while if you can maneuver this into a rotation. Also it procs quite often. In no way am I unsatisfied with this one. The other selection of greaters are utter trash aside form necrotic which is godly.
    Last edited by Fik; 10-10-2011 at 10:48 PM.

aux

Rekindled Flameshard gives me around 10 DPS. It seems to have a massive internal cooldown, it usually procs early on and then it won't proc again for ages. I don't know why they keep making these useless "greater" essences. These things are such a complete waste of time.
    I'm so BORED

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Yeah it's pretty well known that the Greaters are all rubbish, with the exception of Necrotic Rage.
    Expect to see Trion doing a better job with itemisation when T2 Raid Rifts are released, hopefully in 1.6.
    I'd agree with the exception of the Stormcaller greater, if you use SC/Ele alot.

Well that is until Stormcaller gets nerfed in 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I'd agree with the exception of the Stormcaller greater, if you use SC/Ele alot.

Well that is until Stormcaller gets nerfed in 1.6.
    Are you talking about the Elementalist greater or SC greater?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    This is true. Personally I don't dps often enough to justify farming an entire set to accompany it.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    This is true. Personally I don't dps often enough to justify farming an entire set to accompany it.
    Explain why it's better, it looks like total garbage doesn't it just increase overall damage not base damage?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

As I said, I don't have it so I can't provide you with concrete numbers.
    But every time it has been brought up on forums over the last few months people who have it have told me it's an increase for them. They may be wrong, I haven't seen numbers on it in a while so feel free to test it and confirm/debunk my understanding.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread