+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ele/sc or chloro/ele ?

Mse
    Telaran

Default ele/sc or chloro/ele ?

whats the bet solo/questing/survival spec? i tried nechro/lock but my pet tank seems a little squeeshe

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mse View Post
    whats the bet solo/questing/survival spec? i tried nechro/lock but my pet tank seems a little squeeshe
    use rogue pet, soul purge. you tank 1 + pet tanks one. feign death if in trouble.

if that doesn't float your boat I'd use SC/ELE @ 40+ and Chloro/Ele or Lock prior.
    Last edited by ururu; 10-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I use Chloro/Ele on things that hit for alot, that I know the rogue pet can't tank (say, the elites in Dormant Core on Ember Isle, that frontal for 3k+ x4 on me, but only 800 x4 on the rock pet), and use soul purge + rogue pet for anything else.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Mse
    Telaran

what about for AoE grinding? i rly want to hit 50 asap killing mobs slowly gets to me n is rly boring to just wait around for the stupid LFG to pop up after 2hrs on the wait as dps... =(

I'm leveling as Pyro/Ele.

I run around and pull like 5-6 mobs and they usually are all dead by my second firestorm tick.

It is much faster than Necro/Lock.

However, Necro/Lock can solo anything.

Champion of Telara

I wish the Necro tank pet could actually tank ...

That said, it depends on the encounter. For regular encounters, I go 33Necro/33Lock with the Rogue pet. For really tough elites, I use 36Chloro/30Elem, and chip away at it until it dies.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I leveled as ele/pyro, and occasionally swapped to necro/lock for fun & profit.

Easily soloing elites with channel elements is delightful, you just have to be smart about it in AOE packs. Let the rock use it's AOE hit before really using it much, or you'll peel aggro and take some hits. Necro/lock will let you be a little more reckless because you can feign death.

Mse
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    I wish the Necro tank pet could actually tank ...

That said, it depends on the encounter. For regular encounters, I go 33Necro/33Lock with the Rogue pet. For really tough elites, I use 36Chloro/30Elem, and chip away at it until it dies.
    could you link your soul tree please? and what about elite encounters? my pets seem to die no matte what i do i try to sul purge but they get hit hard not matter what...

Champion of Telara

This is my 33Necro/33Lock build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dkus.jcMh0Vqxk

This is my 36Chloro/20Elem build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckRo.Vthz0xkNz

There are probably better builds, but these work for me. The trick with the Chloro/Elem build is to have a petattack macro, and cycle the pet between all the mobs. You Synth your pet, then chip away at the mobs (healing the pet with your spells).
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-11-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Ascendant

what about for AoE grinding? i rly want to hit 50 asap killing mobs slowly gets to me n is rly boring to just wait around for the stupid LFG to pop up after 2hrs on the wait as dps... =(
    the fastest way to level as a mage is questing..

- daily pvp quest
    - dungeon quest
    - open world quest

Soulwalker

Default Warlock

Warlock aoe grinding is king the self heals and damage reduction allows you to pull big gropus the bigger the group the more you heal

+ Reply to Thread