+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Post your mage 1.6 build ideas

Default Post your mage 1.6 build ideas

Since theres going to be such a huge change to how mages work by nerfing aoe and building storm.. and god knows what else.. In trying to stay ahead of the curve what are some of the builds you're thinking of using?

So far I'm thinking 0 / 0 / 0 Chloro, Archon, Dom.
    Rotation: Radiant Spores, Searing Vitality, Pillaging stone x5, Neural prod spam. If we get an add we can still squirrel!

The logic is if it stays 0 point abilities then maybe we can go an entire patch without a) pvp whiners whining about us b) trion nerfing unrelated pve because of the only thing left in pvp they can complain about.

Just trying to be positive here. Your 1.6 builds?
    Last edited by Shhhh; 10-10-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Ascendant

here's what I'm thinking of going with.

Shield of Telara

I am going to be a second archon. You know, in case the other one dies, I believe I will serve my raid as best I can by doing this.

Sword of Telara

Wait, can you spec 22archon/22archon/22archon?

If so i'm there.

Shield of Telara

Actually, on a serious note, I think I will do this build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0Vc.EGttMxcsbo

Two battle rezzes? Hell yeah, now I'm being useful!

Champion of Telara

I am planning to be a Sith Inquisitor, unless something changes.

Until December, I will be 51 Chloro, 51 Archon, or Pyro/Elem
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-10-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Since theres going to be such a huge change to how mages work by nerfing aoe and building storm.. and god knows what else.. In trying to stay ahead of the curve what are some of the builds you're thinking of using?

So far I'm thinking 0 / 0 / 0 Chloro, Archon, Dom.
    Rotation: Radiant Spores, Searing Vitality, Pillaging stone x5, Neural prod spam. If we get an add we can still squirrel!

The logic is if it stays 0 point abilities then maybe we can go an entire patch without a) pvp whiners whining about us b) trion nerfing unrelated pve because of the only thing left in pvp they can complain about.
    Just trying to be positive here. Your 1.6 builds?
    You are an awful troll. Trying too hard and not even a bit funny 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    here's what I'm thinking of going with.
    That game looks terrible.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yezze View Post
    The PVE / raiding is likely worse than Rift. I haven't raided recently in this game much but people really seemed to like HammerKnell. As I prefer PVP though, I will say GW2 looks quite a bit better than the pvp options in Rift.
    Last edited by ururu; 10-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Hammerknell is actually a really good instance once the initial bugs were mostly sorted out.
    It still has a few issues with itemisation but otherwise is challenging enough to make kills a reasonably difficult task but also skill-based enough to make it possible to progress quickly if you have intelligent players.

Back in topic: Expect to see plenty of people running this or similar variations.

I'll continue to Archon/Chloro/Tank/Tome my way to the top of the meters.
    Nope.

looks like they changed the 51pt cooldown for necro and ele. i've been playin with some builds on the PTS, but it still looks grim. WiP
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.Vtcz0xoAzz

BS + Imp BS = new talent.

The rotation I used on the target dummy was

(Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt), Thunderbolt, Ice shear, Icicle,[:] (SF) Lightning Strike, Icicle, Cloud Burst, Raging Storm (SF), Ice Shear, (SF) Lightning Strike, Icicle, Cloudburst (SF), Cloud Burst, Cloudburst, Cloudburst (Or Exposure if no other 7% debuff), Thunderbolt, Ice Shear. Back to [:]

At least I think that's right. I didn't write it down and just messed around with spells till I found something that synched up with no gaps in it. I was surprised with the dps. (Up to 1200 self buffed, no consumables, in P6 gear with Codex trinket (only 60sp now) and no synergy crystal) I'd be interested to see what it pulls in full HK gear.

It's important to know that the internal cooldown (10 seconds) on the Icicle buff starts when you gain the buff, not when it is used. Also there is currently a bug where if you stand at max range you can get 2 Icicles out of the buff because the buff drops whenever the projectile hits the target and it has a slow travel time. This is a dps increase if you replace the CB that comes after Icicle with another Icicle but I decided not to as being perfectly at max range would be rare and it'll likely be fixed anyway.

(SF) = Toggle Static Flux on or off, depending on which was done last. It is toggled off immediately after starting Raging Storm. Do not toggle it at the start of a GCD. (Though most of you probably already know these last few things)
    Last edited by Argizeos; 10-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Quote Originally Posted by Yezze View Post

Yeah GW2 will be for the casuals much like GW1 was years ago. I myself will be rolling a Jedi Knight when 1.7 comes out. As for 1.6, I just hope Trion can inspire players to learn the game and make the changes needed to balance rogues.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    looks like they changed the 51pt cooldown for necro and ele. i've been playin with some builds on the PTS, but it still looks grim. WiP
    The Ele Cooldown is just sad. It's hardly worth the 4 seconds it takes to cast it.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    The Ele Cooldown is just sad. It's hardly worth the 4 seconds it takes to cast it.
    you can fast summon it.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast