+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hethroin

Thread: Your wish list for 1.6?

Champion of Telara

Default Your wish list for 1.6?

Mine is pretty simple ...

1) make all 51 Archon builds show up as suppost, and all 51 Chloro builds show up as Healing (so I don't have to tell explain every rift raid I am specced for healing).

2) make Radiate Death affect Life Leech and Deflie (so Warlock will have decent AoEs after the nerf).

3) add a passive in the Pyro Tree that adds 1% damage for every point spent over 31 (like Living Infusion does for Chloro, so there can be a decent non-pet dps build).

4) iave Storm Shard (replacement for BS) affect Arctic Blast as well (since icicle is so horrid).

5) increase the base amount healed by Lifebound Veil from 15% to 25% (to help sub 51 Chloros main heal).

What is your wish list?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

i agree with most of these points but i REALLY want any 51 chloro builds to show as healing NOT support, if i can out heal clerics then show me as heals ffs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    [...]3) add a passive in the Pyro Tree that adds 1% damage for every point spent over 31 (like Living Infusion does for Chloro, so there can be a decent non-pet dps build).[...]
    Burning Bright?
    (3/3 - Increases your fire damage by 1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul - 18 point minimum requirement)
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Onds View Post
    Burning Bright?
    (3/3 - Increases your fire damage by 1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul - 18 point minimum requirement)
    Burning Bright does not do enough to outweigh the benefits of going 31 points into Elem. So, if Pyro is ever to be a viable non-pet soul, there needs to be something more.

If you increase the effect of Burning Bright, the hybrid spec would be buffed. Adding a passive to increase damage by 1% for every point spent over 31 might be enough to give people an incentive not to so with a hybrid 35/31 build.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-10-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Plane Touched

Burning Bright does not do enough to outweigh the benefits of going 31 points into Elem. So, if Pyro is ever to be a viable non-pet soul, there needs to be something more.

If you increase the effect of Burning Bright, the hybrid spec would be buffed. Adding a passive to increase damage by 1% for every point spent over 31 might be enough to give people an incentive not to so with a hybrid 35/31 build.
    I don't understand what you mean then. On one hand you want a passive that adds 1% damage per point spent over 31 in the pyro tree. On the other hand we already have an 1.2% bonus (fire) for _every_ point spent in pyromancer with a measly 18 point requirement. Is what you are asking for actually another percentage talent on top of burning bright? (if not, i have trouble seeing what you are asking for as anything but a nerf)

Edit: Re-reading i think i get what you mean. And actually a "step" system like that (passives at say 31, 41 and 51) could be a viable way of improving "pure soul builds" in general.
    Last edited by Onds; 10-10-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Champion of Telara

I do not want to get rid of Burning Bright, just add a passive in addition to Burning Bright, so there would be a viable non-pet option.

a) Add some instant cast targeted AOE spells. I want to be able to to AOE while moving. SC has a little bit of this with Lightning Field, but it requires electrified on the targets, which requires casting time. Pyro or Warlock needs an instant cast targeted AOE or some sort.

b) Viable non-pet DPS specs. The simplest way to do this would be to add high point passives to the DPS trees, like the OP mentioned. Perhaps a +crit damage passive for both Pyro and Stormcaller.

c) Take the charge cost off of Defile. Having Defile and Empowered Darkness both use charge makes them not compatible with each other and makes 51 Warlock not very good.

Mine is pretty simple ...

What is your wish list?
    Mine is simpler: Leave my calling the f___ alone.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Champion of Telara

I forgot one ...

give the Necro Tank the ability to actually tank.

- Separate PVP nerfs from PVE
    - Show a forum posters veteran status to know if they're a 1 month crybaby or if they actually hold merit since they nerf based on what people of other classes whine about.

They start with those changes then we might be able to get somewhere. Until then I'm going to go believe in Santa Claus.

Give our Dot spells an initial burst on first couple ticks of DoT spell. Something similar to the "Splurt Spell" in EQ 1 (For Pvp) and a run buff would be nice to avoid the 15 OP rogues chasing us in WF's
    Last edited by Demibane; 10-10-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Plane Touched

It'd be nice if SC wasn't the best at everything, it'd also be nice if Necro and Ele could stand on our own so those of us who like to use pets would be happy, and the non pet users could get some pure builds that worked (51 war/51 pyro seem pretty easy to buff to good).

No way they can do that without ruining everything though.

So just keep pve/pvp balance/nerfs separate. And leave mages alone.

+ Reply to Thread