+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer 51pt or 36/30 Raid PvE?

Telaran

Default Chloromancer 51pt or 36/30 Raid PvE?

I have a noob chlormancer question...

My guild has recently started in HK (2/11). I am usually DPS but I was chloro for raid heals on Murdantix. We had 3 mages, 1 archon and 2 chloros. Most of my heals were comming from vile spores while the other chloro (our full time chloro) was healing with void life. I was told I should be using void life, we were both designated for raid heals.

So my question is am I doing it wrong? What's the preference for raid heals, does it depend at all on the fight? I had always though chlorolock was good for raid heals.

Thanks!

aux

You are right, the chlock is better for raid heals, 51 Chloro is only better at tank healing.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Disciple

Depends on the fight, 51 chloro have more utility and versatility, you can swap from raid heals to tank heals when needed, plus memory wipe, reflect shield!

36/30 only use it when you are assigned to ONLY RAID heal and nothing else.

Champion of Telara

While Chloro/Lock has advantages (for example, a little more dps and raid healing), I am starting to think that 51 Chloro is a better option in many situations.

51 Chloro has more 'oh crap' buttons for emergencies. Also, if the MT healer goes down, you can quickly Synth the tank and tank over (hopefully preventing a wipe).
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-10-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Telaran

Ok so you're better off with 51pt chloromancer even for raid heals just due to the versitility.

As a 51pt chloromancer would you use vile spores or void life or is it dependant on the fight?
    Last edited by blakeary; 10-10-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by blakeary View Post
    Ok so you're better off with 51pt chloromancer even for raid heals just due to the versitility.

As a 51pt chloromancer would you use vile spores or void life or is it dependant on the fight?
    They don't give you much time to edit these. I mean for raid healing vile spores or void life.

Last question, thanks again.

Main Tank healing is Void Life spam
    Raid healing is Ruin + Vile Spores
    Entrophic on charge

A little tip is you can toggle this just before a Void Life and de-toggle it after first tick and the remaining ticks receive benefit like it was on, so Main Tank healing works very well doing this.

Certain situations call for Void Life even when AoE healing, Molinars Crushing Blows comes to mind because you take knockback while casting Vile Spores.

I personally just use a 51/9/6 Chloro/Dom/Necro
    Having Reflect and a purge helps a bit for fights, and trash =)

Maybe with the 4pc hk crystal bonus VL would be worth using. Without it, i'd stick with vile spore spam. Also don't macro ruin to vile spore, save it for when you need it. Your dps will be lower but you're there for heals, and even then well timed heals > slightly higher hps.

I use 51pt for raid heals, but I'm also the only chloro except on mollinar(tank is chloro) and sicaron. I don't know what i'd do without natural splendor for raid healing though, it's a nice crutch.

I just use 51ch/15lock/0AM. Have a separate spec for trash so i can arresting presence trash casters.
    Last edited by Odaman; 10-10-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Plane Walker

I've been running 36/30 chloro lock in raids very successfully for a while.
    We are up to that King in HK and I agree VL is going to be better there for raid heals.

In general though, 36/30 does an excellent job.
    You do more damage and no less heals. a 51 chloro has pretty much no aoe either, where I have excellent aoe with Corrosion + Dev Shadows and Mortality for when the raid is looking healthy (Matron Zamira a good example).

Telaran

Use void life + nature's touch on opportunity procs

Greater essences + trinkets can proc from every void life tick which makes it worth spamming alone
    Psychicdominator @ Bloodiron

Both are viable specs.

It depends on your role in the raid, if you are required only to raid heal then 36/30 is great, more dps realy helps push progress.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

^

Also, although not generally done, you can take Natural Fusion in a Chlorolock spec if you think you might have to swap mid-fight.
    Nope.

Plane Walker

I use both. I also want more role slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbilicious View Post
    Main Tank healing is Void Life spam
    Raid healing is Ruin + Vile Spores
    Entrophic on charge

A little tip is you can toggle this just before a Void Life and de-toggle it after first tick and the remaining ticks receive benefit like it was on, so Main Tank healing works very well doing this.

Certain situations call for Void Life even when AoE healing, Molinars Crushing Blows comes to mind because you take knockback while casting Vile Spores.

I personally just use a 51/9/6 Chloro/Dom/Necro
    Having Reflect and a purge helps a bit for fights, and trash =)
    You should have another spec instead of gimping yourself the whole of HK for one boss fight.

You shouldn't be spamming vile spores no matter what role your doing (raid or tank healing), purely for the fact it's a HPS loss though in theory it is a HPS gain, in a raid setting it does not work out that way.

Chlorolocks are for raids who don't have the DPS to meet enrages and don't have the healing either.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

Soulwalker

51 pt Chloro + Void Life may seem sub-optimal for raid healing because you're doing much less damage than vile spores (therefore less healing), but VL keeps a very steady stream of healing on the whole raid.

It all comes down to personal preference, on most fights Chloro/lock is fine (although its healing is a little too bursty, not nice and steady like 51pt Void Life).

But I would definitely go 51pt Chloro for raid heals on Sicaron.

But remember, you can only heal 5 targets at once, so using Vile Spores will be giving a nice big heal, but only on 5 people.

Like the guy from Seraph said, it does seem like a hps gain using Chloro/lock but in a raid situation it isnt that great.
    Last edited by pattie; 10-16-2011 at 03:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread