+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rising waterfall

Champion of Telara

Default Rising waterfall

I've always wondered why mages ST DPS seems so poor relative to warriors. I mean you get big hits with our regular nukes, but we are still so far behind.

So one day, I took a look at a raid parse. Rising waterfall crits for 4+ k. That skill alone hits for as hard as my crits for a non-tempest cinderburst. However, the main difference is that I get to cast cinderburst maybe 10 times in a boss raid fight. Rising waterfall is every 2nd to 3rd hit for a warrior.... and I've not even gone into how wars have no cast time etc etc etc.

Now, wars are complaining their DPS took a big hit from putting their reactives on an internal cooldown... they still are topping charts (although rogues are gradually taking over), and with a skill such as rising waterfall where they abuse a dual wield tree for a 2H weapon to got regular awesome dmg procs makes me really wonder. When their no cooldown frequent attack hits for the same as my 6s cast arguably most powerful single hit spell... its a bit sad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    I've always wondered why mages ST DPS seems so poor relative to warriors. I mean you get big hits with our regular nukes, but we are still so far behind.

So one day, I took a look at a raid parse. Rising waterfall crits for 4+ k. That skill alone hits for as hard as my crits for a non-tempest cinderburst. However, the main difference is that I get to cast cinderburst maybe 10 times in a boss raid fight. Rising waterfall is every 2nd to 3rd hit for a warrior.... and I've not even gone into how wars have no cast time etc etc etc.

Now, wars are complaining their DPS took a big hit from putting their reactives on an internal cooldown... they still are topping charts (although rogues are gradually taking over), and with a skill such as rising waterfall where they abuse a dual wield tree for a 2H weapon to got regular awesome dmg procs makes me really wonder. When their no cooldown frequent attack hits for the same as my 6s cast arguably most powerful single hit spell... its a bit sad.
    Yep. Any warrior crying about nerfs needs to reevaluate the situation and see that warriors are still on top.

Champion of Telara

Yeah... and when I pointed it out to a guildie that he was essentially getting 1 cinderburst equivalent every other proc, he half jestingly went ' but... but.... I can't heal or bard... hence I must be top dps'..... in reference to the answers I will get if I had posted this in the war forums.

Shadowlander

warriors do have great ST dps in a pve setting in which warriors wouldnt complain about. the complaints come from the pvp sector physical dmg just doesnt run well in pvp its all ele dmg try using rising waterfall against pvp geared players and watch them laugh it off when ele dmg goes straight thru ya armour as for the ability in question being very strong through a talent in the warrior tree well this issue was brought up to warrior dev from the warrior community as a bug? or working as intended? and in the post the dev stated that it is in a position were they are happy with it so enjoy the buff no does it mean yet again its going to become another nerf only time will tell

+ Reply to Thread