+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP damage builds?

Default PVP damage builds?

I'm R5....I have my chlorolock for heals and im happy with my performance in WF's with that, but I really want to set up an *** kicking damage dealer for the times when I want to let someone else heal....

I was thinking necro/lock/am .....any thoughts?

Shadowlander

post ur lbuild first

second u wana do massive aoe or direct dmg ?

Quote Originally Posted by VampireQueen View Post
    I'm R5....I have my chlorolock for heals and im happy with my performance in WF's with that, but I really want to set up an *** kicking damage dealer for the times when I want to let someone else heal....

I was thinking necro/lock/am .....any thoughts?
    51 lock / 15 am.

It's got a little of everything and empowered darkness is a beast. I'm p4 and get near the top of damage and kb's on most warfronts. A shame they are nerfing devouring shadows as the double tick really hit hard.
    Bisqquit | R53

Quote Originally Posted by Szkodnik View Post
    post ur lbuild first

second u wana do massive aoe or direct dmg ?
    im 44 chloro 22 lock 0 AM

Be curious as well.
    Been running Chloro/Lock mostly (almost P5) for my rank progression.
    When I hit P5, would look to mix it up a bit, find more of something that can dish out damage, kill stuff as well as survivability.

Never tried the stormcaller soul, but sounds intriguing.

44SC is pretty incredible in terms of damage output burst-wise, at least from R6 onwards when you have a much higher SP. You can kill almost all offensive classes with Raging storm/3TB, ice shear, static flux and lightning burst, and perhaps an arctic blast beforehand or some cloudbursts to finish.

Meanwhile, you can apply so much threatening burst to anyone tankish or healers who you can't kill in one rotation (without using BS or Nervin's Lament at least) that you are excellent at forcing whole teams into retreat, without even mentioning the impact your AOE has, decimating teams without adequate healing or pressuring those with good healing to the extent that your melee dps can often finish off those weakened by your AOE.

However, the downside to all this is horrendous survivability. If you get caught one on one with another dps class you might survive if you can knockback, root with Raging Storm, get Double Tap to proc for Lightning Burst, use a CD like a trinket or Nervin's Lament, but it's a toss up since you're so frail. You stand no chance if you get caught by a group, if you see things about to go bad you just have to pop Ride the Wind and run like hell, which may not work if you get CCed.

Basically, don't just use this spec for PvP, cos if you're getting stomped it'll make things worse, a ChloroLock or similar would serve you better. But it can be incredibly good in a fair fight when used well.
    Last edited by Benlisted; 10-10-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Ascendant

51 warlock, 15 archmage, 0 archon. void bolt -> draining bolt -> devouring shadows, especially when ED is up..

44 stormcaller, 18 archmage, 4 elementalist static discharge [pre] -> raging storm -> ice shear -> <static flux, nenvin's lament> lightning burst

Sword of Telara

44 storm caller is nice damage, but you will get splatted if you dont stay behind the group
    44 necro is nice for the new heal-stealing rogues, 30 sec cooldown on usefulness though.
    44-51 warlock does a lot of damage but splats also
    soul purge isnt what it used to be, the heals arent going to keep you up
    dom/pyro is not the easiest thing in the world, and its cooldown intensive, but if you get good at it you can kill almost anything. See Bleeds videos, its mostly during split personalities but thats the name of the game with this build.

Chloro lock is still pretty damn tough. New DS changes will remove its competitive damage though.
    Last edited by Corebot; 10-10-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Soulwalker

51 Pyro / 15 Am (overload).

At rank 8 I melt people like no tomorrow. Takes time to learn all of the tricks, has some nice CC and escape manuevers.

Pretty squishy though, but I can pull over 7k hp, so it isn't as bad as SC.

Keille - Rank 8 Mage of Briarcliff
    (Previously, Lanfeear @ Freeholme)
    Last edited by DarkEternity; 10-10-2011 at 11:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread