+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xsorus's Mobile Dot build in 1.6

Default Xsorus's Mobile Dot build in 1.6

So, like Dissb, I tend to run Dot based builds, Such as the Last Gasp Build, But with 1.6 coming out and the changes to Archon on test server, I now see a new build one can run in pvp just to be a prick.

50 Warlock/14 Archon/2 Necro

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ss.eeMAkqqek.b

Now, You lose damage with the loss of the Mage PVP line, and frankly i don't know how much, But ya gain the advantages of Archon as a Subspec, which include more HP, Armor, Resist, Plus a Absorb Buff as well.

You also pick up what is basically 3 instant Dots over my other 49 Lock/15 Archmage/2 Necro Build.

Searing Vitality, Leeching Flames, and the Spotters Orders (which goes off on your dots no less.)

The Best part is, It's completely mobile, So you can chase anyone down with this and unless they have a heal, They're pretty much screwed.

I'm Currently wondering if the build could be useful for a 44 Necro Spec, but I think you'd lose to much damage by going for it. As you couldn't get the necessary Lock Talents for it.

i do think a buld like this would work in PVP for Pugging (I don't think it'd work in a 5man, So don't post about that, Pretty much all Dot Based builds are not effective thanks to running Dom's/Spell Breaker from VK)
    Last edited by Sorovos; 10-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

Not sure about the usefulness of that final point in Martyr's Solace. It lets you pick up Crumbling Resistance, true - but move it over to Neddra's Torture and you get Empowered Darkness in exchange. You can still toggle ED off after casting dots to conserve charge, can't you? Makes it perhaps a bit more bursty than you intended, but still very heavy-hitting.

And Searing Vitality isn't really a good dot, the damage is atrocious.

EDIT: This is assuming the new Spotter's Order isn't another 14-pt root talent, I heard 12 points.
    Last edited by Akyaevin; 10-08-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    Not sure about the usefulness of that final point in Martyr's Solace. It lets you pick up Crumbling Resistance, true - but move it over to Neddra's Torture and you get Empowered Darkness in exchange. You can still toggle ED off after casting dots to conserve charge, can't you? Makes it perhaps a bit more bursty than you intended, but still very heavy-hitting.

And Searing Vitality isn't really a good dot, the damage is atrocious.

EDIT: This is assuming the new Spotter's Order isn't another 14-pt root talent, I heard 12 points.
    It was at 14 Points on Test server, not 12 for me at least.

No Break Free and no Detaunt is horrible to the point of uselessness.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    No Break Free and no Detaunt is horrible to the point of uselessness.
    Yes losing break free sucks, Detaunt i think can be made up by the extra resists and such, and of course the absorb shield. But Yea, It's not defensive build by any means and is basically a Dot and Run Spec. If ya try and play defensive in nature with Detaunt and such you'll probably die.

Though this build does have more defensive capability then my 44 Necro Build, so who knows..

I think the build itself would work for it's intended purpose.

+ Reply to Thread