+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer Woes

Sword of Telara

Default Chloromancer Woes

I looked past the last few pages for a topic concerning my query and saw no such topic, so I decided to make my own.

I am having trouble deciding on where to allocate my points into main healing as a Chloromancer. I don't raid yet, so try to factor that into the equation. I'm debating on a full 51 Chloromancer build, and a 36/30 Chloromancer/Warlock build.

I can see that I'll get a few abilities past 36, including another direct heal. I'll be gaining 30% bonus to Lifebound, and 10% to Lifegiving. Also Natural Splender seems nice for massive AoE heals when needed. With this, I'll go 5 into Elementalist for a small armor buff and the +5% critical hit chance. 10 will go into warlock for the unlimited mana, +25% charge, and opportunity.

If I go 36 Chloromancer/30 Warlock, I'll gain a straight +20% damage passive, +10% health which will help improve Essence Surge, a few CC abilities, and +5% critical hit chance (Which is no different than 5 in elementalist).

So in your opinions, would the benefits of going 51 in Chloromancer outweigh going further into Warlock? Or vice-versa?
    Last edited by Anthony01; 10-08-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Shadowlander

For healing 5 mans, there is no doubt you want 51 Chloro- especially if you are just stepping into T1's as a healer. Synth tank and Void Life your way to loot. I myself just hit 50 on my Mage and jumped right into T1's as 51Chloro/10Lock/5Ele and have had zero issues keeping tanks up. I'm aware that there are other PvE combinations, but AFAIK, none are anything but 51 Chloro.

So, go 51, and never look back.

Shield of Telara

The general understanding is 51 for tank heals, 36/30 for raid heals. Depending on your gear level, or more specifically, how much intelligence you have, you should consider 10dominator/5ele. Opportunity is nice, but if you are 51 you should be tank healing AKA void life spamming, I suppose an opportunity proc on nature's touch would be nice, but you can't depend on it. Really if you are using nature's touch in should be in preparation for a big hit incoming on the tank(usually a big cast from the boss), so you start casting NT while the boss is doing his cast. Good chloro's will do this, but to be honest, I've never seen anything that void life itself couldn't heal through. Mana is never an issue, empathic bond does well(again if you're 51 you are probably tank healing) and the shield thingy is awesome, assuming you aren't taking damage. The charge is nice, I suppose, more time you can keep EV up, but at higher int levels 10 dom starts to take over.

Raid healing, you are better off 36/30 and just vile spores spam, ruin for some burst, direct heals as necessary, etc. The only time 51 raid healing comes in handy is when there are fast ticks of raid damage going out(molinar comes to mind). Due the extreme pushback you get, void life would be a better option as you get all 3 ticks no matter what. But after the raid damage, switch back to spores.

Shield of Telara

derp, just re-read that you aren't raiding yet. Yes, 51 for sure, stick with lock for a while just for the increased up time on entropic veil. If you ever end up raiding and you want to stick to being a chloro, I would have the two specs I mentioned earlier, just with the 36/30 don't bother with syth and all those sub trees.

Telaran

51 Chloro for main healing. Void Life is just too good.
    OniGanon's Guide to Getting out of Green Gear (for Guardians)
    Are you a fresh 50 Mage or close to it? Click the link and help me help you help us all.

51 for tank heals
    33/33 for aoe heals, you may also use it for pvp. Since mage is the one calling with the least spare build slots around.

+ Reply to Thread