+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: All of you better protest with me now!!!!!

Default All of you better protest with me now!!!!!

Building Storm no longer exists
    New Talent - Storm Shard (Gives air spells 33/66/100 chance to make your next Icicle, within 10 seconds, instant. Gives Icicle a 100% chance to critically hit and increased the critical hit damage bonus of Icicle by 50%. This cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.)
    what kind of ******** is this?!?!?!?!?!

I have 1500sp and 4 piece Hammerknell crystal.

Icicle crits for 2,800 damage with Storm Shard
    Cloudburst crits for 3,200 damage.

We are the 99%!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    Do not remove building storm from the game. If you want to make it a passive ability, or to simplify the AB/BS rotation, make it an armor buff and require three stacks of electrify and ice shear on the target in order to build stacks, as well as require cloudburst to be used, or some variation of it.

Trying to force us to use icicle because its worthless isn't going to work. To be perfectly honest, you could leave building storm the way it is and add in the new icicle insta-proc buff and achieve better results.
    Posted in another thread, I stand by it. To go a step further, make 51 pt stormcaller give an air/water version of tempest.
    Last edited by Bounci; 10-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.

i wholeheartedly ****ing agree with you

while initially it is looking really bad, remember when they started reworking the rogue trees, non of them were looking good early on, yet now they are pretty good. i say wait on the next couple of changes and see how things work then, if its still an issue then raise hell. but untill then i see no reason to jump the gun, there could be many more changes that make this change far more effective than it currently is

Well if the new talent goes live; SC/ele will be dead besides for pure aoe, which is bad on trion's part.

Looks like ill be getting the pyro crystal after all... sigh

Let's just hope it doesn't go live like this >.< I love me some Stormcaller.
    Last edited by Neown; 10-08-2011 at 11:43 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

This is a big nerf to the SC/Ele build. That being said the Mage was hardly in a perfect state. Having one build/rotation in the game be anywhere from 20% to 100% more DPS then the other builds is not healthy.
    We have reverted to pre-1.2 where it is SC/Ele or bust if you wanted to be competitive. Sure some builds work well on some fights, but a Mage can't show up without SC/Ele.

The point is Mages could use a make over, so lets avoid the raging asterisks and discuss actual solutions.

Building Storm is a redundant mechanic. Why do you need stacks? Any viable rotation will make sure there are enough stacks to ensure a crit, so why not just charge 40 Charge for a guaranteed crit. Or while BS was active every spell crits, but each crit cost X Charge.

Other options include leaving SC/Ele exactly the way it is and buff the other builds.

THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER SPECULATED ON THE PTS SHARD.

NERFING THE SKILLED MAGES ST ROTATIONS WHICH DONT EVEN COMPETE WITH THE BUTTON MASHERS!!!

RAGE.. Protest mages cmon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Araenn View Post
    I've been here since beta 1, and seen things go up and down, and mostly just stuck with it, using whatever builds are viable to get by. this is rediculous. and is the last and final straw for a very patient mage.

if these changes go live without significant modification I'm done. I have 3 other 50s, I have NO interest in playing them, I find casters fun, but if I have no hope of being competitive after putting in a decent amount of work to get myself there, then the game is broken and I will find a different one to play. I might come back at a later date and see if things have changed.

how any developer can put these changes onto a public testing server and not expect the reaction already happening without any statement at all is just absolutely mind-boggling.
    what I posted in the PTS thread.

Kervik, you just lost any trust I ever had for you as a developer if you let this go through even remotely close to its current iteration.

while I am upset that anyone would ponder such a change, any decisions I make will be based on what gets pushed to live.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

You know the warrior and rogue devs are peer pressuring kervik and giving him false information.

"Mages don't need building storm! They want macroable abilities that you can just faceroll! Just like the rogues and warriors! Look you get awesome DPS too!"

*Warrior and Rogue dev photoshops a parser to make it look like it's a dps increase to faceroll your keyboard!*

"See! Great success!"

"...okay guys, you do have great success with your callings and the mages are kind've mad at me anyway..."

DELETE BUILDING STORM!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

If your gonna remove BS to make the rotation easier (I dont find it a problem but its by far the hardest rotation in game) dont then make is use a junk spell like Icicle, make it refer to Cloudburst or your not actually reducing the number of buttons required, just switching a toggle for a spell and pissing off your playerbase in the process.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    If your gonna remove BS to make the rotation easier (I dont find it a problem but its by far the hardest rotation in game) dont then make is use a junk spell like Icicle, make it refer to Cloudburst or your not actually reducing the number of buttons required, just switching a toggle for a spell and pissing off your playerbase in the process.
    With the building storm that is currently on live, I'm actually toggling less because the charges don't fade over time. They took the complications out of BS with this patch. I honestly thought this BS was the final product.

I will be highly upset if they turn the best ST mage rotation into anything close to arcane mage from WoW... I absolutely HATE WoW for that very reason. Oh wait... pyro is that... silly me >.>

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Rift Chaser

They certainly made everything easier. Now I never have to sit my warrior for a mage on raids again and when people ask for mage you know for sure they want a healer or a buffbot. This really simplifies the entire mage calling with a single patch.

All thanks to the tireless efforts of a bunch of concerned gamers who found it too hard to play mage and wanted to spam the forums with QQ posts until it got made easier.

On behalf of all the Warrior and Rogue that kept losing raid spots to DPS mage: Thanks for all the help getting us our raid spots back. Especially you Bluedot. Without your help this would have never been possible. Finally the mage question has an easy answer.

YOU DIDN'T THINK MAGE WAS MY MAIN DID YOU?

i'd ask them for a refund on your SC crystal if this **** goes through Syth, I'm am kinda gonna nerd rage if this "fix" makes it to live.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Chaser

"if these changes go live without significant modification I'm done."
    Why would THIS specific change be the one that breaks you from rift?

This game is buggy, horribly imbalanced, requires hundreds of hours of grinding to be competitive.

And before you say "lol go play a Korean MMO" - I will kindly point you to the hundreds of hours you need for the following grinds:

PvP rank 8.
    Mathos, Dragonslayer, and Icewatch Rep
    Planar Attunement

There is easily 300 hours of grind simply in the above mentioned grinds, not to mention grinding planarite, inscribed sourcestones, then maybe many more dozens of hours grinding a certain gear drop from DH or GP or IT or CC or AP.

Regarding this change, I'm not a theorycrafter, but I can't see this nerfing damage by such a huge amount. Not having a guaranteed crit on AB will suck, but this will also raise the relative value of critical strike on gear (as well as INT) for stormcallers. Not that we'd stack it anyway, but there is that little silver lining.

Maybe this nerf's hailstorm more than I'm taking into account? If that's the case, then I'm all for the change even more - using an aoe attack should never be optimal for PvE single-target dps.

I think what I'm saying here is you guys don't need to drive yourselves off a cliff. Mages have been nerfed and changed so much at this point, I really don't see why this one change would be the one that would make you quit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast