+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mage on PVP

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default Mage on PVP

    -Dırect Healıng effect reduced on pvp. -Chloro fail
    -Soul purge damage and heal reduced on pvp charges consumess goınd lower..Necro fail
    -Devouring shadow damage reductıon on pvp and not ınstant tıck..Warlock fail
    -Fulımante Cınder Burst Inferno nerfed as %20 damage and got global cooldown.Sınce glyphs of power %5 damage not %15 nerfed a lot..Pyro Fail
    -Spirits nerfed as a hell and they change damage critical hıt bonus from control efect and reducıng charge spell nerfed as a hell ..domınator fail
    - Now they are removıng buıldıng storm artic blast aoe 4k-5k damage buılt and gıvıng us a less dps with icicle and sıngle tagret..

    So questıon is whıch spec we can play on pvp?
    Go chloro warlock/dom make some lıttle dps and heal ppl ..oh yes you can heal at least..If you want pvp you can take only chloro
    or you can go storm caller and get 3 shout from warrior or rogue (1k valor) while you are stackıng electrıfıed ..
    at least you can spam vıle spores they dıdınt nerfed ıt 800 damage on crıt cast tıme 2 sec wooow..
    spam voıd bolt before they nerf hıs damage also or spam vile spores ..OH WAİT warrıor or rogue can charge you and stun 2 sec that s not ALL- now they are usıng interrupt while you are castıng your best speel damage vile spores or voıd bolt--- ohh wait !if that is not enough they can sılence also !
    there ıs no real damage skıll for mage on pvp.. it is no qq it is what trion did to mages sınce 1.2
    Last edited by Calippo; 10-08-2011 at 04:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Bet a warrior or rogue couldn't have interrupted that last paragraph

    But yep you make some good points bud.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    Bet a warrior or rogue couldn't have interrupted that last paragraph

    But yep you make some good points bud.
    cz we die in a second but ıt ıs normal we are mage not heavy armour and healt if you want dps.
    but dont know what is trion trying to do it..
    Now i have 2 choıce play chloro/dom or chloro/lock or leave the heal dom/necro..
    And thıs specs really dont have nıce cooldown on dps so ı dont know..
    warrior not op warriors is balanced they are only one thıng balanced..
    rogues kında op.
    cleric was op- no idea about them now
    mage was op(pyro fulımante 8k hit instant on 1.2 patch-warlock necro soul purge x2 heal on 1.3patch- Domınaator pets 1 hit player on 1.4patch)
    now we dont have anythıng good man thıs thıng really crap
    Last edited by Calippo; 10-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    You'd be surprised, but I can kill other rogues and warriors on my rogue just as easily as mages. In two seconds flat. So my advice would be to reroll. Or wait for a game that really cares for balance.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker GLopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Warlock will still be pretty strong next patch.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    Warlock will still be pretty strong next patch.
    how can you be so sure? are you a devel?
    for now they have lost any aoe ability, devouring shadow as it is now on pts is worthless, anybody will be able to evade or just interrupt it even before a single tick.
    do you really think that a pvp soul without any aoe ability is "strong"?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Crazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calippo View Post
    -Dırect Healıng effect reduced on pvp. -Chloro fail
    -Soul purge damage and heal reduced on pvp charges consumess goınd lower..Necro fail
    -Devouring shadow damage reductıon on pvp and not ınstant tıck..Warlock fail
    -Fulımante Cınder Burst Inferno nerfed as %20 damage and got global cooldown.Sınce glyphs of power %5 damage not %15 nerfed a lot..Pyro Fail
    -Spirits nerfed as a hell and they change damage critical hıt bonus from control efect and reducıng charge spell nerfed as a hell ..domınator fail
    - Now they are removıng buıldıng storm artic blast aoe 4k-5k damage buılt and gıvıng us a less dps with icicle and sıngle tagret..

    So questıon is whıch spec we can play on pvp?
    Go chloro warlock/dom make some lıttle dps and heal ppl ..oh yes you can heal at least..If you want pvp you can take only chloro
    or you can go storm caller and get 3 shout from warrior or rogue (1k valor) while you are stackıng electrıfıed ..
    at least you can spam vıle spores they dıdınt nerfed ıt 800 damage on crıt cast tıme 2 sec wooow..
    spam voıd bolt before they nerf hıs damage also or spam vile spores ..OH WAİT warrıor or rogue can charge you and stun 2 sec that s not ALL- now they are usıng interrupt while you are castıng your best speel damage vile spores or voıd bolt--- ohh wait !if that is not enough they can sılence also !
    there ıs no real damage skıll for mage on pvp.. it is no qq it is what trion did to mages sınce 1.2
    Youre right there bud. No doubt about it. Mages are back to 1.2!
    The only reason to play a mage now is to be in Premades. Mages will contribute so little in Pugs to the point that they wont be any difference with of without them. 80-90% WFs are Melees. (Dev, please check this out on your free time).
    World PvP? lol! Just macro this - "/yell Kill Me" and wait for them to lose interest in you to continue whatever you are doing in the world later.
    Sad to say i only run Premade if i wanna play my mage now.

    Well nothing much to say.. just yep its back to 1.2

    *I bet there should be at least 1 staff in Trion that play a Mage. But i guess i could be wrong.*
    Last edited by Crazio; 10-08-2011 at 05:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    how can you be so sure? are you a devel?
    for now they have lost any aoe ability, devouring shadow as it is now on pts is worthless, anybody will be able to evade or just interrupt it even before a single tick.
    do you really think that a pvp soul without any aoe ability is "strong"?
    ED+VB spam still hits hard, you still have fear bomb, you still have Defile, you still have stacking instant damage via DB travel time and DF insta hit. If you relied on ED DS you suck and it was just a crutch. And yes AOE is not a requirement to make something strong. You act like everyone who pvps in this game is 100% aware of their surroundings and jumps out of the black ground of death immediatley. Stop kidding yourself, alot of people in this game are slow, keyboard turn, dont pan and couldnt prekite if their life depended on it.

    Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calippo View Post
    -Dırect Healıng effect reduced on pvp. -Chloro fail
    I will admit, healing other players with Chloro is pretty bad at this stage in the game and while VL + Synthesis and keep people up its very clunky and is reliant on the veil CDs. Outside of that you have to rely on other CDs or painfully slow 2.5 second heals.

    -Soul purge damage and heal reduced on pvp charges consumess goınd lower..Necro fail
    This is probably something that they shouldnt have changed. I think SP was really good pre 50 but in 50+ it is lackluster.

    -Devouring shadow damage reductıon on pvp and not ınstant tıck..Warlock fail
    Shouldn't have relied on DS doubleticking and learned 51 Lock. It was clearly too good when stacked with ED

    -Fulımante Cınder Burst Inferno nerfed as %20 damage and got global cooldown.Sınce glyphs of power %5 damage not %15 nerfed a lot..Pyro Fail
    Early Fulminate was over the top when combined with Red Ball. It needed some slight toning but since they decided to stack nerfs (lol Trion) it was way overdone and there is no point in 51 Pyro. As for the glyph you gained mobility. 10% might be too much though...

    -Spirits nerfed as a hell and they change damage critical hıt bonus from control efect and reducıng charge spell nerfed as a hell ..domınator fail
    SP still hits pretty hard. I take 400 hits on my 1.1k valor mage still. Some decent damage to stack considering the Mage can still throw out other crap.

    - Now they are removıng buıldıng storm artic blast aoe 4k-5k damage buılt and gıvıng us a less dps with icicle and sıngle tagret..
    I hate this change as i played mostly 44 SC in WFs. If they move Storm Shard to cover all Hypothermia causing spells i will be happy.

    So questıon is whıch spec we can play on pvp?
    Go chloro warlock/dom make some lıttle dps and heal ppl ..oh yes you can heal at least..If you want pvp you can take only chloro
    or you can go storm caller and get 3 shout from warrior or rogue (1k valor) while you are stackıng electrıfıed ..
    at least you can spam vıle spores they dıdınt nerfed ıt 800 damage on crıt cast tıme 2 sec wooow..
    spam voıd bolt before they nerf hıs damage also or spam vile spores ..OH WAİT warrıor or rogue can charge you and stun 2 sec that s not ALL- now they are usıng interrupt while you are castıng your best speel damage vile spores or voıd bolt--- ohh wait !if that is not enough they can sılence also !
    there ıs no real damage skıll for mage on pvp.. it is no qq it is what trion did to mages sınce 1.2
    51 Lock, 44 Lock/18 Chloro, 44 SC/AM (CB Spam and LB are still good), Pyro Dom, 51 Dom, 51 Chloro is viable but clunky as all hell.

    Stop being bad man, learn classes, prekite and position so you dont get screwed by melee. Also Melee is not killing you in the 2 seconds you sit in root/stun. I play SC most of the time. With Ride the Wind, the movement speed proc from AM, hypothermia shield, knockback shield, 2x on demand knockbacks, insta aoe root, and charge to damage reduction i can easily survive melee and kite them to death. Even the dreaded Rift Blades oooooo. NB Riftstalkers are hard but doable... MM on the other hand are an auto lose if they are worth a damn.
    Last edited by Weakest; 10-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.

    Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    ED+VB spam still hits hard, you still have fear bomb, you still have Defile, you still have stacking instant damage via DB travel time and DF insta hit. If you relied on ED DS you suck and it was just a crutch. And yes AOE is not a requirement to make something strong. You act like everyone who pvps in this game is 100% aware of their surroundings and jumps out of the black ground of death immediatley. Stop kidding yourself, alot of people in this game are slow, keyboard turn, dont pan and couldnt prekite if their life depended on it.
    yes, in premade vs premade everybod _HAS_ to be always aware of his game or he will be kicked out of the premade
    if you are playing against childrens, dont talk about grown up games, you cant coun on your enemy to be a stupid newb when you are playing at top level.
    ds spam is for baddies, but removing ds from the game is an huge nerf - negating this means that you want mage to be nerfed into the ground, are you even a mage?.
    Last edited by Ruizo; 10-08-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    yes, in premade vs premade everybod _HAS_ to be always aware of his game or he will be kicked out of the premade
    if you are playing against childrens, dont talk about grown up games, you cant coun on your enemy to be a stupid newb when you are playing at top level.
    ds spam is for baddies, but removing ds from the game is an huge nerf - negating this means that you want mage to be nerfed into the ground, are you even a mage?.
    Care to show me where I said I wanted DS removed from the game? Can you even read?

    Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    Care to show me where I said I wanted DS removed from the game? Can you even read?
    if you like the change as they are on pts, you want it removed from the game.
    as its on pts, its not an usable skill.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Forgot to mention, the further the pvp players progress the more they realize stacking death resist isnt such a bad idea for pvp, as of nightblades and cabalists, and guess who takes the collateral damage today?
    Last edited by Halman; 10-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Well, I hate to say it but 1.5 broke my desire to play PvP. With the buff and subsequent influx of rogues, WFs have become tedious at best. I say tedious because I spend almost half of every fight (or all of it in some cases) under constant AoE, stunned and/or silenced, or kiting rogues that popped on me and completely negated my chances at a fair 1v1 fight against someone else.

    Break Free doesn't cut it. A 2 min cd to handle all the silences and stuns I face every fight? Ugh.

    I'm at a loss of options for builds that would be viable to handle a majority of threats. Chlorolock can't kill anything but it would be a survivor. 44 Lock is almost mandatory for Mass Fear to save my hide from stealthers... and now they are nerfing the AoE. 6 Necro or 15 AM is mandatory for Consumption or Degenerate to deal with VK, clerics and MMs.

    So I guess I'm choosing to not play. So long, PvP. I heardly knew ye (P6)
    Last edited by metatheory; 10-11-2011 at 08:12 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    51 Lock, 44 Lock/18 Chloro, 44 SC/AM (CB Spam and LB are still good), Pyro Dom, 51 Dom, 51 Chloro is viable but clunky as all hell.
    Outside of 51 lock and Dom, will be the only choices we get in pvp for good builds. Chloro is a friggin joke at healing other people, and is only usable in dueling specs. When it really comes down to it, if your not running Dom in a WF your hurting your team, as another class can do what your doing better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts