+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chloro/Dom OP?

Default Chloro/Dom OP?

Love me some Chloro/Dom; no one scores on damage done, healing done, and still rocks the as-yet-un-monitored intangible contributions that lead to WF victories while leaving the other team saying "WTF happened?"

Problem is, this is 10-49 experience I'm speaking from (well ok, mostly 40-49...). Anyone with some heavy gear/ranks played chloro/dom in 1.5 that can tell me it feel the same once you get the loot/presige at 50?

34 dom 32 chloro is fantastic at any gear level, probably the best spec when you're getting started with PvP. As you gear up, you'll notice you can actually kill people instead of just depleting resources and "disarming" melee.

I'd save the 51xx dps builds for R6 or better - Dom and Chloro are requisites to lower gear level combat, and if not both, you'll probably want one of them in your build.

The chloro and dom "requirements", what's that about exactly? Providing support or non-hp/valor factored offense while letting R6+ do the heavy lifting?
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Mse
    Telaran

By any chance any of you happen to have a build for this spec plz? im having a rly hard time as a chloro/lock =( by the time i cast something im 1/2 my health n next thing i know im dead from the stuns and silence...

Chloro/dom is good at one thing: saving its butt. Not even exceptionally good at that. Go 51 dom, you'll have more then 1 useful ability that way.
    Oh, btw, the little killing power this build has gets decimated by the first purge you catch, so yeah, it's pretty much 100% useless if you aim to kill somebody.

Ascendant

When mages will be restricted into transforming themselve to level 1 squirrels without any skill, people will start saying that level 1 squirrels are op and require to nerf them.
    Please stop calling anything mage is doing every slightly good "OP", is just offensive.
    Last edited by Ruizo; 10-08-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Mse
    Telaran

So...no1 has a link to this soul build?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Chloro/dom is good at one thing: saving its butt. Not even exceptionally good at that. Go 51 dom, you'll have more then 1 useful ability that way.
    Oh, btw, the little killing power this build has gets decimated by the first purge you catch, so yeah, it's pretty much 100% useless if you aim to kill somebody.
    Chlorodom only has charged shield as a purgable buff. Or are you talking about cleanses?

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    Chlorodom only has charged shield as a purgable buff. Or are you talking about cleanses?
    Split Personality. Or as I like to think of them, free Bloodthirsty procs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mse View Post
    So...no1 has a link to this soul build?
    If you do not start a new toon and level in WF trying out different Domi builds its of no help. Most people realize its not fun and go play some other mage build.

Especially now that you have an army of Eradicates and Fell Blades any half brained MM will immediately turn to any Domi with voids out and Eradicate.
    Last edited by Cempa; 10-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    ummmm ... wrong ? good chloro dom gets load of kills and 0 deaths ...

hers mine build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.MsVzqkVMbk.L

it has grate potential but u need to figure it out by urelve , here r some tips :

u can insta cast natures fury after casting transmogrify and stormshacke empowerd by entropic viel but u need 2 be fast with ur fingers i use it for burst dmg folowed by ruin . both spells land at the same time and if they crit u get about 1500 + dmg

second - many players attack split personality ghosts for blood thirsty procs , its a pain but u can put some hurt on them casting mass charge shied after casting split - its about 200 dmg every time someone aoe ur split ghosts

third - put stormshacke on someones pet , it almoes never get clensed

and a lot more ;)
    Last edited by Szkodnik; 10-09-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Ofc there are ways to make your spells work, but face it: even when they do, they are still lacking in damage department.
    Oh and, btw, getting instant nature's fury over 1.5 cast time does not really add to the burst damage. Just lets you cast it on the move.

Shadowlander

well its not like u get +75% dmg with draining bolt folowed by dark fury and devouring shadows and almoes insta kill someone but chloro dom has it ways to burst someone down fast - not all the way but let say 60-70% of hp in 2 seconds , if cd's r up

split > squirtlel > ss > traiterous > entropic up > nf folowed by ruin

yeah it is 5 global cd's but targent is not doing anything in meantime , and when he does he drops dead aftter 3-5 second's (if hes stupid ofc ...)

here r some shots of mine performence as chlorodom in games that we actualy lost (pug ofc)

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6383/55502596.jpg
    http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3284/21833258.jpg

hi in dmg , 1st in killing blows

i never find mysleve in the middle bracket dmg/kb wise + iam half way in healing

ps : iam 1100 sp r7 , at r8 i should hi around 1600 so do the math ;)

Soulwalker

Chloro/ Dom is actually the spec I use if I am going into a WF to heal. At rank 8 with full gear you also do a ton of damage output. I actually prefer this spec over Chloro / Lock.

I use a different version of this spec than most people and I'll link it to you when I get home (at work).

As a fresh 50 you will do better keeping a Chloro / Dom than changing to a heavy DPS spec, it isn't disappointing. Until you get a number over your head.... lol

Keille - Rank 8 Mage of Briarcliff
    (Previously, Lanfear @ Freeholme)

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    The chloro and dom "requirements", what's that about exactly? Providing support or non-hp/valor factored offense while letting R6+ do the heavy lifting?
    Sorry for the delayed response - but I'm generalizing that low spell power (sub R6) simply is not effective in warfronts for the DPS souls. Chloro and Dom are most beneficial with dispels, debuffs, and CC that still make an impact regardless your gear. You pretty much need one or both in your build to not be a detriment to the team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast