+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chloro raid problems

Default Chloro raid problems

Its been bugging me for awhile but it seems to me the the chloro healing veils need a bit of a tweak to make them more raid friendly healers as both support and main heals.

My main issue is this if you have a veil up you receive zero heals from other chloros. This hampers them significantly.

As a support healer you must survive on your heals alone if the main healer is a Chloro. Or in pvp if you use a hybrid build you are immune to the main heals from full mage healers.

In a raid setting and PVP especially the raid as a whole is significantly weakened by having multiple mage healers because they cannot heal each other effectively. In pvp this makes them rather easy to pick off.

To fix this I would suggest making chloros at least get a portion of other chloro heals, maybe around 50%.

What do people think? any other ideas?

Chloros can still be healed by other chloros just not from veils. Not to mention Clerics.

We run multiple chloros and I realy dont see this as an issue.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

I argued the same thing the OP mentions back then during the beta events but nothing happened. I find it unfair for warfronts where you can't plan the healsetup. Why should I not get chloroheals from another chloro, I might need them if im under fire, stunded, pushed back etc.

In raids, at least for us, it is not a problem. Why? We only have one chloro in most situations.

Some aspects of chloros are designed so it's beneficial to only have one of them. Example: Chloro greater essence is only good for one chloro, HK crystal 2 piece effect: only good for one chloro in the raid.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    I argued the same thing the OP mentions back then during the beta events but nothing happened. I find it unfair for warfronts where you can't plan the healsetup. Why should I not get chloroheals from another chloro, I might need them if im under fire, stunded, pushed back etc.

In raids, at least for us, it is not a problem. Why? We only have one chloro in most situations.

Some aspects of chloros are designed so it's beneficial to only have one of them. Example: Chloro greater essence is only good for one chloro, HK crystal 2 piece effect: only good for one chloro in the raid.
    during beta, with how chloro worked those day and at the low level/gear that betas offered a raid full of chloro with interlocked heals were able to dominate in any wf, that limitation made somehow sense.
    now, with all the change to chloro and the poorer way chloro damage scales with levels/gear, its just obsolete and not warranted.
    a chloro in lifebound veil wont even be able to heal himself with those pitiful veil procs, making him unable to get heals from the other chloros is just a punishing measure.
    Last edited by Ruizo; 10-08-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    Chloros can still be healed by other chloros just not from veils. Not to mention Clerics.

We run multiple chloros and I realy dont see this as an issue.
    if a chloro is using up his time casting natural healing on another chloro, he's wasting a full raid slot and should be exchanged for some other player.
    a chloro is an aoe healer or a mt healer, using up gcd's to single target healing isnt his role and he isnt efficient at it.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    if a chloro is using up his time casting natural healing on another chloro, he's wasting a full raid slot and should be exchanged for some other player.
    a chloro is an aoe healer or a mt healer, using up gcd's to single target healing isnt his role and he isnt efficient at it.
    So bloom, flourish and wild growth don't exist for you?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Klaek View Post
    So bloom, flourish and wild growth don't exist for you?
    what role are you covering in your raid? spot reflex-healer? aoe raid healer? mt healer?
    chloro's roles are aoe or mt, not spot reflex, they are really bad at spot healing, lacks the talents, skills and efficiency.
    so if you are spot healing you arent covering your aoe or mt healing role, thus you are wasting a raid slot.
    every gcd you are using bloom on a chloro to heal the kind of damage that veil procs cover on any other raid member you arent doing your work as raid healer or you arent healing the mt.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    1) Any chloro casting NH without oppertunity is a fail anyway.

2) Bloom, Flourish, WG all affect other chloros and good chloros WILL use them on ANYONE who needs. your telling me that as chloro i should not Bloom a dying Cleric or other healer? Sorry but your totally wrong.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Ascendant

2) Bloom, Flourish, WG all affect other chloros and good chloros WILL use them on ANYONE who needs. your telling me that as chloro i should not Bloom a dying Cleric or other healer? Sorry but your totally wrong.
    you dont get the point.
    everybody else in the raid is getting healed by your veils.
    the other cloro its not.
    everybody else dont need your bloom if not in an emergency.
    the other chloro will need regular healing from your bloom as he isnt getting your veil proc.
    so you are wasting gcd for something that should be already covered by your veil proc.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Funny, I heal our OT on Sicaron, and I queue up NH to hit right when Decay does, and I don't even have Opp in my spec. I mean, I pull 3.2k HPS on that fight, but I Guess I'm just bad >.<
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Funny, I heal our OT on Sicaron, and I queue up NH to hit right when Decay does, and I don't even have Opp in my spec. I mean, I pull 3.2k HPS on that fight, but I Guess I'm just bad >.<
    Sicaron is obviously an exception to this.
    Nope.

I'd like to be explained why 2 wardens can heal each other? Why 2 icars can heal each other by spamming DoL? (And dont compare DoL with Flourish please, DoL can be spammed 4 times and then before our Flourish would be up again after casting it once, they can spam another 4.)

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Sicaron is obviously an exception to this.
    I OT heal for sic too, but I almost always NT during decay because a lot of the time there's a contract out and it will heal more than NH. That and I seem to get lucky with opp procs
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    I OT heal for sic too, but I almost always NT during decay because a lot of the time there's a contract out and it will heal more than NH. That and I seem to get lucky with opp procs
    I meant that damage spikes on Sicaron are large and predictable so casting NT regularly is perfectly fine.
    In almost all other situations it is likely to result in overheals and the cast time could be better utilised.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Well, the thing is, a) I run 51ch/10dom/5ele instead of Opp spec, and b) I run LGV instead of LBV since the OT only takes damage during Decay, I can queue up NH for the first tick and Ruin > Bloom for the rest. I've found I can do more overall healing for the raid and not sacrifice my tank healing this way (and it really ONLY works for Sicaron (and only on OT) because there's only certain periods of time where you have to heal your tank (and you know exactly when), but most of the time you don't).
    Last edited by Deistik; 10-08-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast