+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i really want to play mage but.....

Soulwalker

Default i really want to play mage but.....

Okay, I am new to the game and play between rogue and mage. I really want to play mage but my main focus is PvP and I just feel gimped in it. I am only level 27, my rogue is 35. I can do descent damage but I feel like if someone decides I should die there is not much I can do about it. I have played with multiple souls and just can't find one that works except for chloro.... but if I wanted to heal I would have made a cleric. I try and CC but %80 of the time they are immune, in my face, and beating me down while I watch my cast bar slowly move across the screen suffering from pushback and interupts.

I guess my question is to all the good mages out their who love their calling, what should I be doing. I like the idea of dom but it seems the CC immune renders it unreliable at best. What strat should I use? I hear people say how they top damage and KB but I don't see where the damage would be coming from. Or else what soul should I be looking at? Thanks for your advise in advance.

Go 16 in necro and pick up soul purge. Dump the rest into warlock. LOL your way to PvP victory until 50.

Just to be clear, use soul purge. A lot.
    Last edited by Matsu; 10-07-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Soulwalker

So no need to go past 16 in necro?

Soulwalker

I have 5 level 50's and just finished leveling the 5th one a mage. I found a 51 warlock and the rest in chloro for radiant spores and enhanced bloom was alot of fun to play in PvP. Great 1vs1, high survivibility, topped the charts in dmg taken in most wf. Decent healing, dmg and kb numbers too. But like the prev poster said,
    a 51 warlock with soul purge in necro is a tough combo to beat.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ranlock View Post
    I have 5 level 50's and just finished leveling the 5th one a mage. I found a 51 warlock and the rest in chloro for radiant spores and enhanced bloom was alot of fun to play in PvP. Great 1vs1, high survivibility, topped the charts in dmg taken in most wf. Decent healing, dmg and kb numbers too. But like the prev poster said,

Except that build is not possible but yea its great

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ranlock View Post
    you sure you have a mage? lol

Quote Originally Posted by VizIsMe View Post
    So no need to go past 16 in necro?
    16 necro gives you a channeled heal/damage spell. No need to go past that since it's really the only reason to go necro otherwise. put the rest of your points into the warlock tree.

50 warfronts are different than leveling up but the 16 necro/rest lock is a pretty hardy beast or at least was for me.

Shield of Telara

Play your rogue. No, seriously, it's already a higher level than your mage, it has equivalent support abilities(more healing based, however), more DPS(easier rotations, only really need 1 piece of gear to maximize your DPS output, if you can pull good DPS as a mage, you will pull better DPS as a rogue), the option to tank, more likely to get gear drops, utterly amazing in PvP(probably a SLIGHT incoming nerf), viable melee and ranged builds for both PvP and PvE, and I don't know, need I say more?

Iri
    Champion

Yeah, during last patch I'd have said mage was in a decent spot - highest skill ceiling, with reasonable rewards. Now? Nah. Play rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Go 16 in necro and pick up soul purge. Dump the rest into warlock. LOL your way to PvP victory until 50.

Just to be clear, use soul purge. A lot.
    This is what I would reccomend at low levels.

Dark touch, necrosis, grave rot while moving and soul purge to heal/finish should be very efective at low levels.

Also decent aoe with Dev Shadows.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread