+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Archon auras

Champion of Telara

Default Question on Archon auras

If you have 2 archons and both activate the same aura in a raid, do both archons receive the beneficial bonuses of the aura from each other? Or does the fact that one activated the aura means that one cannot receive the benefits of that aura?

And please don't ask why we're bringing 2 archons to a raid.... we're not. I'm just curious in a mage DPS spec which may go quite high in archon.... but if it means costing me the aura benefits of the main 51 archon, then it might not be worth the while.

aux

Only one archon can get the benefits.
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Only one archon can get the benefits.
    Excuse my slow brain... but... huh?
    So if both my archons activate 'shared vigor', one will get the 'shared vigor' benefit while the other will not?

aux

They don't stack. Only one of each aura can be active. If Archon1 has Shared Vigor up, Archon2 can't. Archon2 will receive the buff but does not get the archon benefits like increased casting speed from it.
    I'm so BORED

Champion

I play an archon. Looking at the buffs your team mates get (after applying the de-buffs); if a second archon mage was in a raid, the entire team would be OP.

Some examples. I have doubled all these buffs. +80 endurance, +1008 armor, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Wisdom increased by 90, Life, Death, and Elemental Resistances are increased by 60, enemy strength, dexterity, wisdom and intelligence reduced by 100, +14% magic damage, casting and melee speed increased by 20%.

And that doesn't include the shorter, temporary buffs also listed below.

Shared Vigor - Increases allies endurance by 40 for 5 minutes.
    Crumbling Resistance - +7% magic damage for 5 minutes.
    Volcanic Bomb - +5% damage - 10 seconds.
    Tempered Armor - Increase allies armor by 504 for 5 minutes.
    Lava Field - AOE damage spell - allies receive buff each second, increases next incoming healing spell by 1% per stack, up to 5 stacks = 5%.
    Vitality of Stone - Allies Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Wisdom increased by 45 for 5 minutes.
    Burning Purpose - increased allies casting and melee speed by 10% for 5 minutes.
    Surging Flare - Spell cast time reduced by 5% for 6 seconds.
    Flaring Power - Attack and Spell Power increased by 15% for 20 seconds.
    Arcane Aegis - Allies' Life, Death, and Elemental Resistances are increased by 30 for 5 minutes (plus and additional 10% when we spec into this which is part of the 51 point archon spec).
    Earthen Barrage - Allies receive a 5% increase of melee and spell crit hit chance for 15 seconds.
    Pillaging Stone - Reduces enemy strength, dexterity, wisdom and intelligence by 50 for 5 minutes.

If multiple archons were allowed in a raid, you could bring 5 of them and be just about invincible.

Rift Disciple

From memory, they overwrite: the latest archon's auras will overwrite the earlier ones, including stripping the outgoing (de)buff (and associating bonuses to casting speed, damage, etc. from talents) from the other archon.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    From memory, they overwrite: the latest archon's auras will overwrite the earlier ones, including stripping the outgoing (de)buff (and associating bonuses to casting speed, damage, etc. from talents) from the other archon.
    This is correct.

Champion of Telara

Ok.... I think my question is being misinterpreted here.

I know only 1 archon aura can be active at one time for all players.

However, if 2 archons both activate their aura, will they both get the self debuff from their own aura and the buff from each other's aura? The rest of the raid will still have only 1 aura.

I remember someone posting that you can still have all the archon aura-related buffs (eg. power in numbers, speed in numbers etc) up even if there is a 2nd archon in the team. Basically I'm thinking of a non-51 point DPS build that can be centered around these. Of course, if what aux posted is true and that you can't get power/speed in numbers if there is already a 51 archon in raid, then this effort is pointless.

Soulwalker

If you have 2 archon , only the latest one to have cast his aura will have them on as he will cancell the other archon aura. and no archon cant get bonus from another archon even if he cast from 1000 miles and they both meet.
    Last edited by Zombryo; 10-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Ok.... I think my question is being misinterpreted here.

I know only 1 archon aura can be active at one time for all players.

However, if 2 archons both activate their aura, will they both get the self debuff from their own aura and the buff from each other's aura? The rest of the raid will still have only 1 aura.

I remember someone posting that you can still have all the archon aura-related buffs (eg. power in numbers, speed in numbers etc) up even if there is a 2nd archon in the team. Basically I'm thinking of a non-51 point DPS build that can be centered around these. Of course, if what aux posted is true and that you can't get power/speed in numbers if there is already a 51 archon in raid, then this effort is pointless.
    You do not. The most recently applied aura will overwrite the earlier one, including on the archon who cast the earlier aura: it will strip his debuff and replace it with the aura buff, and so he will no longer benefit from Speed/Power in Numbers.

+ Reply to Thread