+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tolvat
  • 2 Post By Corebot
  • 1 Post By Ihas2buckets

Thread: Male Mages Have The Same Walk As....

Default Male Mages Have The Same Walk As....

Male Mages in Rift have the same run animation as Dervish from Guild Wars.... Anyone agree?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by duffdog7576 View Post
    Male Mages in Rift have the same run animation as Dervish from Guild Wars.... Anyone agree?
    You're going to have to realize that there isn't any originality in the way someone walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvat View Post
    You're going to have to realize that there isn't any originality in the way someone walks.
    Har. Har. Har. but im just saying its down to the bone movement, arms sways and head nodding. Like they copy and pasted the same animation file. Go troll someone else

Sword of Telara

Perhaps Monty Python can help us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Perhaps Monty Python can help us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w
    LOL thanks for that

Plane Touched

Har. Har. Har. but im just saying its down to the bone movement, arms sways and head nodding. Like they copy and pasted the same animation file. Go troll someone else
    How many ways do you think there are to walk? Most people do it pretty similarly... There isn't much room for variation. I don't move my bones differently from the next person. Do you want the animations to be spastic and twitchy?

male mages in rift have the same run animation as dervish from guild wars.... Anyone agree?
    omfg wow clone
    Last edited by A Mage; 10-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

I don't move my bones differently from the next person. Do you want the animations to be spastic and twitchy?
    Actually you do, and the walking styles of various people differ greatly. Not that it's that easily implemented in a video game though.

I'm pretty sure male mages have a variety of "walk" animations. You know, what with four races and all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Actually you do, and the walking styles of various people differ greatly. Not that it's that easily implemented in a video game though.
    Most people walk in the most efficient way possible, one foot forward and then the other. I don't know how you walk, but I don't consider slouching or walking without arms to be moving your bones differently. I don't dislocate my knee so I can whip if forward and move like a slug.

Male Eth Mages and Dervish walk with there two handed weapons with there elbows swining out slighting. With there weight more forward then back. They seem to have a similar personality. In WoW when you ran with a two handed staff, you still held it one hand. Im just sayin that the action of gripping both hands on the weapon while walking and the way there feet go (and do go) are very similar.

I use to be a town runner with my dervish so ive watch him run alot. Im not gonna argue anymore though.

Most people walk in the most efficient way possible, one foot forward and then the other.
    You must be really blind, or dumb, or both. Look at how one person (your GF) walks. Look at how another girl walks. You dont need to have a ph.d. to see their walking style is different.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    How many ways do you think there are to walk? Most people do it pretty similarly... There isn't much room for variation. I don't move my bones differently from the next person. Do you want the animations to be spastic and twitchy?
    Not that many especially when using off the shelf walk animations.

+ Reply to Thread