+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS spec Advice

Default DPS spec Advice

Hi All,

First of all I have looked at the compendium thread but had a few questions about DPS current to 1.5, My main is a raiding healer cleric, but have been working on a DPS mage now 50, with a few different specs.

my primary DPS right now is 33/33 NecroLock, however I was shocked to find out after adding a DPS meter than my healing cleric is doing more DPS in her DPS spec (which I guess because she has raid gear)

but more to the point, mainly geared now with t1 dungeon gear and BoE and just got enough focus/Int to starrt Tier 2.

I'm getting about 900-1K dps aoe, but single target im finding to be very low (around 600)
    What *should* a 50 mage with dungeon T1 gear be getting, and what is a good DPS only spec ?

I'm going to be playing with more builds and rotations tonight, just curious what other people were seeing and what is currently top build for 1.5

Thanks

Iri
    Champion

Those numbers are actually about right. The short version is that you have crappy gear, so your numbers are low. They'll probably at least double as you progress your gear to raid T1. And your cleric beats your mage on dps because clerics are better dps than mages at lower gear levels... by quite a bit... and your cleric is using decent gear.

Builds are pretty simple right now.

Necro/lock (better at lower gear levels)
    Defile-lock (better on mobility fights)
    Pyro/ele (better at really boring ST dps once you have the synergy crystal)
    SC/ele (#1 spec at dps of all kinds except when switching targets often, but complex rotations.)
    Last edited by Iri; 10-06-2011 at 08:23 AM.

dominator/necromancer aka the zoomancer

You'll do the double dps of 600 in T2 gear.

The build can be found at bluedots.org. (endgame mage pve)

The idea is to keep necrosis up and cast plague bolt. Then when your summon and transformations are ready you pop them all in the right order and you hit like a truck. Most dps from my parse came from void bolt the split personality is casting, so that's a whole lot of non skill dependant dps you get
    Last edited by Kaitoyuki; 10-06-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks Guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoyuki View Post
    dominator/necromancer aka the zoomancer

You'll do the double dps of 600 in T2 gear.

The build can be found at bluedots.org. (endgame mage pve)

The idea is to keep necrosis up and cast plague bolt. Then when your summon and transformations are ready you pop them all in the right order and you hit like a truck. Most dps from my parse came from void bolt the split personality is casting, so that's a whole lot of non skill dependant dps you get
    Zoomancer is an outdated, uncontrollable, and gimmicky spec. It was nerfed with the changes to spotter's orders a few patches ago. Don't waste your time on it.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Zoomancer is an outdated, uncontrollable, and gimmicky spec. It was nerfed with the changes to spotter's orders a few patches ago. Don't waste your time on it.
    This is exactly correct. Zoomancer is now a poor spec that deals sub-par dps, even in the best of circumstances. Stay away from it.

Telaran

T2s and below=SC/Ele. Starting learning bs+ab+hs rotation.

Raids and masters:
    don't know mechanics on boss/boss moves around a lot=pyro/ele
    trash or bosses that require AoE=sc/ele(pyro/ele can also be good if you use stopcasting to doubletick, but it'll drain your mana very fast)
    boss requires you to be constantly moving=necrolock(defile preferred usually)
    know how to fight boss+boss stays still+doesn't require tons of movement=sc/ele or pyro/ele

+ Reply to Thread