+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tri specs?

Rift Disciple

Default tri specs?

has anyone tried tri specing? like say dom for insta squirrel, choloro up till flourish, then either Pyro/lock for better dmg?

curious

I built a Elemental/Chloro ala

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Io0goh0z.xdIuo

but didn't like having that empty soul slot. So I threw Pyro in there. Ended up throwing 7-8 points in Pyro to get better cooldowns and crits on fireballs. I use that for soloing and have Pyro/Ele build for dungeons.

Rift Chaser

The closest I got to a tri-spec that worked well like that was 31dom/20pyro/15am. Come to think of it, I'm probably changing my pure pyro build back to that with all the rogues around.

The problem with spreading your points like that though, is that you lose too much in one tree more often then not.

I'm going to try 32 Pyro / 18 Dom / 16 Chloro.

I like mobility CDs, and a root that doesn't break on damage might be huge, plus the disarm. Two decent self heals and cleansing retained, and the healing debuff, instant mogs, mana wrench, tranference, etc are basically requirements.

It might be less CD reliant than Chloro/Lock with some decent burst.

Ascendant

Mages have to go either 51/xx, 4x/2x, or 3x/3x. They really have no other options unless it is PvP where it is 15 points into the PvP tree. You generally are doing 15 in the PvP tree in your 51 builds though.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Disciple

33dom/18pyro/15am

Could also swap out pyro for chloro
    Last edited by Fiddler; 10-06-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Helgi - Win

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I'm going to try 32 Pyro / 18 Dom / 16 Chloro.

I like mobility CDs, and a root that doesn't break on damage might be huge, plus the disarm. Two decent self heals and cleansing retained, and the healing debuff, instant mogs, mana wrench, tranference, etc are basically requirements.

It might be less CD reliant than Chloro/Lock with some decent burst.
    Yes, I'm quoting myself

This works, it's fun, and it has some great team utility. Like most mage builds, you need to use your head or you can lose it quite quickly - but the raw damage, mobility/20s CD break free are a good trade for flaky split personalities that do their own thing or the 32 chloro I typically run for essence surge.

I'm going to fiddle with some other X32 /18 Dom / 16 chloro builds, maybe Stormcaller next.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

tri specs are the best, only way to not die so much. All other specs are freaking glass cannons. with a weak cannon aside form 51 lock that build wrecks

lock/chloro/dom is nice,

I'm running dom 32. chloro 18, 16 sc for run buff. Quite fun to kite away from death.
    Last edited by Fik; 10-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread