+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Screamo's BS rotation + macro's + Video

Default Screamo's BS rotation + macro's + Video

This is my version of the BS rotation. It uses a few Macros that basically condense the whole thing into about 7 buttons instead of 10. It might not be for everyone, but it consistently performs at the top of the DPS meters. It's a modified version of Bluedot's hailstorm stuff, with a custom rotation and macros which I feel make the entire thing easier and more streamlined. I'm also a button masher, because of the slow pace this game plays at, and playing so much Necrolock (where button mashing actually helped your DPS) I like to hit buttons fast, and often, therefore macros yay!

First off, always start your rotation with this macro

#show pillaging stone
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] searing vitality
    cast pillaging stone

Hit this macro 5 times, then hold shift and hit it once more. (or whatever keybind you use for shift)

This is what you use to build up enough charge, and should be at about 87-90% of a full bar

Now your starting rotation begins. This is where you build electrified stacks, and Building storm stacks.

Building Storm ON >Lightning Storm > Ice Shear

Lightning Storm is the fastest way to build up 3 electrified stacks other than raging storm, but you generally won't use it to refresh your electrified again. It can be used to save you from messing up your rotation if you try to squeeze in too many filler spells though because it's instant.

next off, make these macros

#show intensify elements
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast intensify elements
    cast static discharge

#show arctic blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Raging Storm

#show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast lightning strike
    cast cloudburst

#show Hailstorm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] static flux
    cast Hailstorm

90% of your rotation will require you to do nothing more but ever hit these macros, and MANUALLY toggle off your charge abilities. So now your rotation becomes very simple.

(Pre Phase)
    Archon Buff Macro
    Building Storm ON

(Phase 1)
    Lightning Storm until you have 3 Stacks of electrified
    Ice Shear
    Macro #1 x 2(THESE ARE YOUR COOLDOWNS)
    Macro #2 x 4
    TURN SF/BS OFF WHILE RAGING STORM IS CHANNELED

(Phase 2)
    Ice Shear
    Macro #4 x1 (this will cast Cloudburst because LS is on cooldown)
    Macro #3 x3
    TURN OFF SF/BS IMMEDIATELY AFTER HAILSTORM IS DONE CASTING

(Phase 3)
    (Hailstorm will be ticking right now)
    Macro #4 x3
    BUILDING STORM ON
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Shear
    Macro #2 x4
    TURN OFF BS/SF WHILE RAGING STORM IS CHANNELED

(Dead Zone)
    Macro #4 x1
    Ice Shear
    Macro #4 x3 or 4 times

Repeat, except use thunderbolt instead of LS to refresh Electrified. Only use your Cooldown macro when they are available, otherwise ignore that step. There will be variation in the rotation when in a raid, due to Archon cast time increases. This is the time when you will be forced to use filler spells. A Filler spell has to be used when both Your AB, and HS are on cooldown and you're Electrified + Ice Shear are in no danger of falling off the target. Generally, Cloudburst, and Ice Shear can be used as filler spells, or Pillaging Stone to refresh your Buffs. Flash Freeze is a GREAT filler spell if the Boss has any adds that spawn around him during a phase that need to be AOE'd, such as Zilas, or Warmaster. When you get the basic rotation down you will always find time for filler spells, just make sure they don't affect your heavy hitters, where the majority of your DPS comes from.

There's a dead spot in your rotation where AB, and HS are on cooldown. Sometimes you will have enough charge to to put up static flux on some spells during this dead phase due to Verse of Joy, or something. Manage your charge wisely because that's what SC comes down to, It's more of a priority system and charge management application. Almost any of the spells in this phase can be substituted depending on the situation. Adds Spawn? Lightning Storm + Ice Shears + LF instead

If you ever lose track of where you are in your rotation, just look at which one of your hard hitting spells (HS/AB) are on cooldown. If HS is on cooldown you have an AB rotation coming up, if AB is, then you can HS, if both then you can do my filler rotation or whatever you want!

Here's a video showing the rotation and me showing off a little, but mostly to show you how mobile this spec can be, Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/gwiEdc4x3lk

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I always throw a few CB's and an SF'd LS as filler before refreshing with TB. It's always off of cd
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Soulwalker

have you done any parses that compare this spec single target vs pyro/ele single target?

i'm just curious how much of a dps increase it will be for me, if it's worth it to learn this rotation at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxiide View Post
    have you done any parses that compare this spec single target vs pyro/ele single target?

i'm just curious how much of a dps increase it will be for me, if it's worth it to learn this rotation at the moment.
    Stormcaller is king, if you can put in the effort to learn it and are mostly Raid Tier 1 geared or better then it will give you impressive and unbeatable (for a mage) returns. Certainly more than Pyrolol.

It does require you learning it on dummies and then learning when you can move and for how long etc. Practicing it on farm bosses is advised before bringing it to progression fights.
    Nope.

Nice work simplifying the Sc rotation, gj
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Soulwalker

Can you post your spec pls ?

Thanks for sharing, Screamo

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

playing almost the same rotation
    i prefer
    IS -> (BS+SF) HS -> (/SF+/BS) CB
    in phase #2, this way HS will always go off with IE

and you waste some charge
    in phase3 you can turn off BS after your AB, you build up 2 unused BS-charges with that rotation
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Soulwalker

would you use this 34/32 sc/ele

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.Vtcz0xoAkz

as the spec?

yes

text123
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Thanks for the responses

I use a 34/32 build for all fights in HK. Murdantix is probably the one fight you can get away with a 35/31 but IMO everything else needs to have the Channel Elements because of the constant AOE workload.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.Vtcz0xoAkz

If you're doing Tier 1 content though, running with 35/31 is usually always ok, and heroic mana tonics are dirt cheap, just use them early and often.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Thanks for posting this. I have spent so much time getting rank in pvp that I had not focused on pve at all. So some guildies told me to start learning SC/E for raiding. This gives me something to play with and analyze so I can help the guild. Props to ya sir.

Thanks for sharing. Could you post your SP, SC and how much you parse on a dummy at different times? Like 2min 4 min and 6min?

pyroele>scele single target ;) talk2hankmoody
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Telaran

Thanks I’ve recently started trying SC/ele rotations on the dummies without any macros. If I could condense this down to 7 (or even 9) buttons that would help a lot. I would love to try this spec on Matron next week and pull some big numbers.
    Last edited by blakeary; 10-15-2011 at 07:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast