+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Incompetence (The Ability)

Plane Touched

Default Incompetence (The Ability)

I'm a bit confused as to how this works. I could figure it out if anyone on my realm would be willing to help me test it but they weren't so I'm coming here to see if anyone already has. At first it seems pretty straight forward, however when I was reading the tooltips of the debuff they did not match up with the tooltips of the spell.

Incompetence says that it increases the cost of healing abilities by 20% and then heals up to 5 of the mage's group or raid members for 61 to 65 hp when an offensive ability is used. Whenever I cast the spell on a target dummy however the tooltip on the debuff says "Increases the cost of healing abilities by 61%. Damage done heals allies of the caster for 61 - 65 hp" ( Not the exact wording but the important parts.

This is with no points invested in Ineptitude which increases the cost of healing by 1% and the amount healed by 4% per point invested up to 5 points.

In my other spec, which has 2 of 5 points invested in Ineptitude the tooltip on the ability reads.

"Increases cost by 25%, heals for 75 to 80" (Again not the exact wording)
    The tooltip on the debuff reads
    "Increases cost by 75%, heals for 75 to 80"

I'll try to test this as soon as I find a willing guinea pig, to see which tooltip is accurate. However I decided to post this here because someone may have already done it and it would save me the trouble.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Fik
    Rift Chaser

I noticed this a couple days ago. I hope it's the 60% version lol. It realyl does a good job draining a cleric with mana wrench

Plane Touched

I just made another spec with invested 5/5 in it. I'm getting weird numbers though. So I'll have to do more specing. I think some abilities in the Chloromancer tree amplify the effect. The new spec is 32 /34 dom chloro and the debuff reads an 84% increase in ability cost. However when initially making the spec I invested no points in chloro and the debuff read 73% ability cost.

with the 32/34 spec the tooltip reads 28%, i didn't check it before investing the points in chloro.
    Last edited by Argizeos; 10-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.

RIP Chlorolock

Plane Touched

Call of Spring (15% direct healing boost) increases the debuff % from 73 to 84. Which is interesting because that's only a 12% increase. Maybe Call of Spring is not giving it's full benefit. This is the only ability in the chloro tree that alters the tooltip. where the other 40ish % is coming from I'm not certain.

RIP Chlorolock

Plane Touched

On this respec I took the bare minimum talents to reach incompetence and the debuff tooltip read 61%.
    Once I started investing in ineptitude the first point raised it to 63%, the second to 65%, however the third increased it to 68%, a 3% jump instead of a 2% jump. the 4ths point brought it to 70% and the 5th to 73%.
    So thats 61% +2% +2% +3%+2%+3% = 73%

When I started investing points in Call of Spring the debuff tooltip was at 73%
    73% + +2% +2% + 2% + 2% + 3% were the results this time.

Most of this information is useless though if I don't find anyone to test it on.

RIP Chlorolock

Plane Touched

finally found someone who would test with me. It appears to just be a tooltip error. I got roughly 20% increase in cost with no points in ineptitude and a 24% increase with 5/5 ineptitude 5/5 call of spring. it should've been 25% but I believe the low mana cost of the spell and the mana being represented in whole numbers skewed it a bit.

RIP Chlorolock

+ Reply to Thread