+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halfway between Pyro/Ele and Necro/Lock

Shadowlander

Default Halfway between Pyro/Ele and Necro/Lock

I'm still pretty low in level, 24 ish.. been playing with 2 builds for leveling. Pyro/ele is amazing nuke damage, but getting hit pretty much ruins my day. I can pop some armors and blink away, but unless I take them down before they hit me, it adds to my downtime to regen..

Necro/lock involves absolutely no downtime and is pretty amazing. Problem is the kills are slower.

So I think what I need is either a Pyro with higher survivability or a Necro with higher damage.

This is purely for leveling.

Thoughts?

-Forks

I ran necrolock solely for leveling. I dumped all my points into necro to get soul purge at 16 pts and then after that focused solely on warlock. It was actually pretty fast for me. I ended up with a leveling spec of 16 necro, 44 warlock and 6 chloro.

Halfway between Pyro/Ele and Necro/Lock... you have a flaming mortician.

I'd run necro/lock for lvling.
    Last edited by Boneloaf; 10-05-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Boneloaf View Post
    Halfway between Pyro/Ele and Necro/Lock... you have a flaming mortician.
    Heh, made me lol at work, thanks.

Maybe my rotation is a bit off then.. I'd like to stick with necro/lock, but it just doesn't seem necessary to stack up 5-6 dots on a target with 1k health..

Ascendant

I still use necro lock to solo about anything.

I just put 2 dots up on everything (necrosis and dark touch), by then I'm full charge and just soul purge away. I don't think I was very comfortable killing more than 3/4 mobs while leveling up though...

Bottom line, it's always a trade off... more damage or more survability/less downtime. I always go for the second personally.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    I still use necro lock to solo about anything.

I just put 2 dots up on everything (necrosis and dark touch), by then I'm full charge and just soul purge away. I don't think I was very comfortable killing more than 3/4 mobs while leveling up though...

Bottom line, it's always a trade off... more damage or more survability/less downtime. I always go for the second personally.
    I've been going through a full rotation .. realizing more recently it isn't always necessary. I'm at work and can't look up the names of abilities because.. it will look too much like I'm not doing work.

I put on (Looming demise?) for the increased damage by my pet, then the ability that heals me when my pet hits it..

Then I usually use the AoE instant that stacks up the .. debuff that makes my pet do more damage to it.. then a few dots.. hm.. even typing this out it seems like a bit much.

Basically there's 5-6 spells I cast then start channeling soul purge, and that's quite obviously a waste.

Chloro/lock for leveling hands down.
    Pull some mobs -> spore them up -> devouring shadows -> win

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Chloro/lock for leveling hands down.
    Pull some mobs -> spore them up -> devouring shadows -> win
    Chloro, really? I didn't peg chloro as being a good solo leveling spec... never looked much into it. Figured if I wanted to play a healer I would roll a cleric.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Forks View Post
    Chloro, really? I didn't peg chloro as being a good solo leveling spec... never looked much into it. Figured if I wanted to play a healer I would roll a cleric.
    cleric is stupid OP for leveling from 30 ->. mage is probably 2nd best but its a distant second.

go necro/lock, and take necro up to the rogue pet & feign death. quest. fastest leveling possible for mage until 40s. (and makes the most $). I did it all the way to 50. do the dungeons at least once each to complete the quests for them too..

you can try sc/ele/chloro and aoe pull mobs at 40ish if you want to change things up...

have fun

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    take necro up to the rogue pet & feign death.
    That's pretty much my current build, guess I'll just stick with it.

+ Reply to Thread