+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So Devouring Shadows nerf inc? :( sad pve chlorolock

Default So Devouring Shadows nerf inc? :( sad pve chlorolock

we're taking a look at the Devouring Shadows issue. I haven't actually done any work on it yet so I can't say what shape any changes may take.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ugs-1-5-a.html

When it comes to pvp and 51 warlocks ok i I can live with that, it can be quite high burst (but honestly, dont you fear cabalists more in pvp?)

But I am unhappy if it effects pve I started to really love putting out somewhat good aoe dps as chloro in raid when my heals aren't required. I'll admit I do that by using the stopcasting method. I don't feel bad about that at all because the clerics in the right spec can still have 3 times the DPS while putting out several hundreds of heals per second without using DoL.
    Last edited by Ramea; 10-05-2011 at 03:54 AM.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

aw man.... thatll totally suck because it's not a bug. It's been usable like that since launch AND it's still nowhere near cabalist or stormcaller or anyone elses aoe dmg. The only reason that it could possibly get nerfed is because of the 51 point warlock ability. SO the 51 warlock ability is going to end up nerfing completely unrelated skill in pve due to whining in pvp.

God I hope someone on the dev team actually recognizes what's going on and doesnt just outright nerf a skill in pve, that's been working fine since launch, because of a buff it can get that makes people upset IN PVP. It makes no sense.

THE ONLY thing I can suggest if they're sooo upset with it, is nerf the damage it does in PVP like they did with pyro and leave the pve players alone.

/sigh
    Last edited by Shhhh; 10-05-2011 at 03:59 AM.

also keep in mind that there is no viable 51 warlock build for competitive pve dps >:( (i would probably play it if there was)

Why can't we do it like EQ2 did and spells have different base damage and tooltips once entering pvp combat? then we wouldnt have to worry about balancing classes for pvp without ruining them for pve but could have them balanced seperately.
    Last edited by Ramea; 10-05-2011 at 04:11 AM.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ugs-1-5-a.html

When it comes to pvp and 51 warlocks ok i I can live with that, it can be quite high burst (but honestly, dont you fear cabalists more in pvp?)

But I am unhappy if it effects pve I started to really love putting out somewhat good aoe dps as chloro in raid when my heals aren't required. I'll admit I do that by using the stopcasting method. I don't feel bad about that at all because the clerics in the right spec can still have 3 times the DPS while putting out several hundreds of heals per second without using DoL.
    All Hail the Hypno Toad!

1) Just put it on a 6 sec CD ===> Problem Solved

2) People (Scrubs) will cry about absolutely anything, for no reason what so ever Often unable to deliver any note worthy arguments. I tend to Ignore 90% of posts on the Forum (Being Generous).

3) Warlock are in pretty good shape, at least in PvP. With 15 Points into the Archmage Soul (+30% crit damage & +15% Damage) they have the tools required to compete against most classes.

Regards

Acererak

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
    Often unable to deliver any note worthy arguments. I tend to Ignore 90% of posts on the Forum
    Just like this one of yours it seems.
    Last edited by Kerin; 10-05-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Warlock are in pretty good shape, at least in PvP. With 15 Points into the Archmage Soul (+30% crit damage & +15% Damage) they have the tools required to compete against most classes.

You ignore the fact that my concern is pve, not pvp.
    Last edited by Ramea; 10-05-2011 at 04:28 AM.

All Hail the Hypno Toad!

1) Just put it on a 6 sec CD ===> Problem Solved

2) People (Scrubs) will cry about absolutely anything, for no reason what so ever Often unable to deliver any note worthy arguments. I tend to Ignore 90% of posts on the Forum (Being Generous).

3) Warlock are in pretty good shape, at least in PvP. With 15 Points into the Archmage Soul (+30% crit damage & +15% Damage) they have the tools required to compete against most classes.

Regards

Acererak
    all the posts before your dumbass post clearly state we want it left alone in pve they can do w/e they want in pvp so you posting about pvp is stupid. shut the **** up.

Ascendant

6 sec CD - sure, then let's put all the other classes' AoE on 6 sec CD then.

It does crappy damage in PvE as it is. I really hope it doesn't get nerfed more just because people are whining about pvp... It's really time Trion started separating PvE and PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    6 sec CD - sure, then let's put all the other classes' AoE on 6 sec CD then.

It does crappy damage in PvE as it is. I really hope it doesn't get nerfed more just because people are whining about pvp... It's really time Trion started separating PvE and PvP...
    I concur...they really need to have abilities separate for PvE and PvP and stop trying to balance the two within both sets.. So tired of PvP affecting PvE and vice-versa. Never have understood why these type of games even include PvP...leave that for FPS games!!!!!!!
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Plane Walker

Honestly if they nerf DS on lock they need to nerf cabalist.
    1. DS spam with ED up doesnt do all the much unless you have 15 points in archmage
    2. you need to be a least rank 6 for it to be remotely effective. I.e your spell power/spell crit needs to be somewhat high
    3. Cabilist can still blow any 51 lock out of the water, put into the same exact situation. Mind you they dont need to go 15 points into the pvp soul to be effective which means they can actually heal themselves, maybe not good heals but heals nonetheless.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    Why can't we do it like EQ2 did and spells have different base damage and tooltips once entering pvp combat? then we wouldnt have to worry about balancing classes for pvp without ruining them for pve but could have them balanced seperately.
    I was always assuming this would be a natural solution, or at least a good part of the solution, to keep the PvP and PvE separate. Have there been put up any reasons against this, does anybody know?

Shield of Telara

making any change would render this build completely unusable in pvp. Which is sad because it and chloro/lock are pretty much the only viable builds due to insanely low survivability tools in the other trees. Survivability is huge considering no matter what overall role we choose to play as, we are the ONLY class that is required to stay stationary to do anything...which basically puts a big mark above my head which says, "come farm me, i'm easy prey." Mages are already one of the first groups of people to get focus fired on because we die instantly and this build requires ~15 seconds worth of building charge to be able to pop our CD and do some heavy damage. I'm R8 and honestly in most matches im dead before I get the charge required to pull it off. Cabalist AE is still better in most circumstances and doesn't require near the amount of buildup time.

This skill puts the cannon into the mages glass cannon....without it we are just GLASS.

Plane Touched

I'll trade this nerf for cab nerf, and a ban on all aoe healing debuff's.

Rift Chaser

The only problem with DS is that without any windup or buildup whatsoever it can do good aoe damage. It's not the best aoe damage, but it's instant. Couple the lack of a cooldown with the double-tap and it's a highly mobile burst aoe damage.

All it needs is a 3s CD. 6s would be too long IMO. Trion could also increase the mana cost of it, or as someone else suggested leave it the way it is but not make it tick on the very first tick. All would be viable fixes.

That said, I completely agree its a nerf derived from the warlock 51 pt ability. I think the best solution would be to drop empowerering darkness' buff on aoe spells (much like lifegiving veils reduced healed from aoe spells) and then leaving the spell exactly the way it is.

If they nerf this, next will be fire-storm stop casting.

stopcasting has been around forever :P i only hear people calling it an exploit now to try to elevate their pvp biases even though when it was mentioned months ago no one cared.

I hope more than anything though if they fix anything pvp wise in the mage calling it would be to bring back cc to some level of reliable usability <3 it would give me a legitimate chance to spec out of heavy chloro and lock builds and still have non heavy group healing viability. Only so much chloro I can take :P CC is definitely probably the biggest issue with mage atm (still) given how much of trees like dominator, stormcaller and even pyro are supposed to be working around it in theory due to their tree designs, but in reality relative to gap closers and other means to bypass them and get into dmg range of mage its not a real protection atm. Nerfs to chloro and lock without help to other specs will end up severely hurting mage viability in pvp since atm these are really the only specs that don't get wiped out by certain warrior and rogue specs...
    Last edited by Inixia; 10-05-2011 at 11:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast