+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prefrences to Notoriety

Soulwalker

Default Prefrences to Notoriety

I am very new to the game but its not to complicated for a mmo nerd.

I looked for a post relating to this but i had no luck finding one. Is there any specific notoriety i should be working towards as a mage? i dont know if i should focus my time on one determined type of rift and if i should be spending my time doing quests from one specific region. i am not worried about recipies from a faction because i have Butcher/Forging/Mining to try to pull in more money.

Pretty much im just looking for which faction to gain notoriety with so that when i become 50 i will have the correct reputation for the items im looking for and i cant seem to find a webpage that easilly shows me what all i will be able to get from RP reputation.

Is there a diffrent type of notoriety that should be presued for diffrent callings? or maybe for specific crafters?

If anyone else has questions conserning this topic pls dont hesitate to use this post to ask and answer questions you may have.

Thanks everyone hope to hear back soon.

Hello and welcome to Rift! I apologize on behalf of our forum posters that out of 75 views you have not had a response yet. Most of the notorieties you will be interested in having at level 50 will take awhile to achieve after hitting the level cap but you will want all of them for their specific runes which they have for each calling.

For a mage, you will be most interested in Dragonslayer Covenant in Shimmersand for their Drake Filet which is a food buff and gives a slight boost to spell power (+10), but you will easily attain the notoriety needed for that while doing quests there.

Here is a list for more information: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Factions#Ally_Factions

Good luck on your journey through Telara!

Edit: I forget to mention the planar notorieties. They have changed the requirements for the items on them, so I'm not totally sure, but you used to need to be at least honored to purchase the epic planar essences, and since they are unique, you would want to go for all of them to fill up your source core.
    Last edited by wingedkitten; 10-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Just how "easily" is relative... I completed the Dragonslayer track, but not until well after reaching level 50.
    I was also running dungeons, crafting, daily raids etc.
    I had completed some Dragonslayer quests and tried to do most of the dailies regularly, but this took me at least a couple weeks.

To help this along, you might like to run the dungeon Charmer's Caldera (especially from T2) as often as possible.

If you really like to grind: You could just focus on grinding Wantons for firebrands, and do it all a little faster that way. 50 firebrands per 600 notoreity.
    At least those mobs have some decent sellback/auction drops.

There are some faction quests in the far northwestern desert I did not regularly do, because the mobs there are difficult for a solo T1 character. (Also one of those quests is a weekly raid, I think.) And unless you rally, it's a long haul out there from everything else in the world.

Most of the faction dailies were not, as far as I can tell, available to me until after reaching 50.
    I'm pretty sure about this, because I also took that path with an alt more recently.

Having said that, some of the daily quests are quite easy.
    They take some commuting around, but it's not too bad if you enjoy the scenery there.
    (A few quests, like the dragon nests and possibly the broodmothers, are probably more dangerous to a fresh/t1 50.)
    Last edited by Stormytime; 10-05-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormytime View Post
    Just how "easily" is relative... I completed the Dragonslayer track, but not until well after reaching level 50.
    I was also running dungeons, crafting, daily raids etc.
    I had completed some Dragonslayer quests and tried to do most of the dailies regularly, but this took me at least a couple weeks.

To help this along, you might like to run the dungeon Charmer's Caldera (especially from T2) as often as possible.

If you really like to grind: You could just focus on grinding Wantons for firebrands, and do it all a little faster that way. 50 firebrands per 600 notoreity.
    At least those mobs have some decent sellback/auction drops.

There are some faction quests in the far northwestern desert I did not regularly do, because the mobs there are difficult for a solo T1 character. (Also one of those quests is a weekly raid, I think.) And unless you rally, it's a long haul out there from everything else in the world.

Most of the faction dailies were not, as far as I can tell, available to me until after reaching 50.
    I'm pretty sure about this, because I also took that path with an alt more recently.

Having said that, some of the daily quests are quite easy.
    They take some commuting around, but it's not too bad if you enjoy the scenery there.
    (A few quests, like the dragon nests and possibly the broodmothers, are probably more dangerous to a fresh/t1 50.)
    I meant the notoriety needed for just the food buff could be done easily; I don't recall that taking very long but I could be wrong of course. Sorry if that was confusing.

Plane Touched

I think the food is around decorated. There's also a repeatable in fortune shores for 600 rep. It's also handy getting to decorated with dragon slayers cause you will need it for the epic quest to get the crocknard mount or whatever it's called. Don't make the mistake I made when doing that quest chain as I was doing the chain from the beginning with a group and got stopped in my tracks cause I didn't have a bean of rep with DSlayers I skipped shimmersands and stillmoor while levelling cause I was 50 way before I hit any of those areas.

I'm on my way to glorified now and I'm the same setup as you regards professions but there's some nice augments worth getting and the xp from the dailies is nice now we have AP at 50. Stillmoor/mathos also has some nice enhancements for the helm I think it is and endurance food but that's not much use to us.
    I also heard the flouride in the toothpaste is part of Stalin's mind control plot to turn mankind into a race of super robots to fight the Martian invaders.
    Originally Posted by Mr Spock
    (One of those rift players that reads the forums but never posts because I am too busy playing the game.)

Rift Disciple

Oh yeah, just to the food isn't bad.

Also the whole track also isn't too bad, in the sense that the desert is pretty wide open and you can easily pick which quests to do when. It just takes time. But I enjoy that area much more than say Stillmoor with patrols everywhere. Mathos does not have so much mage gear, but anyway.

Sorry if I misread anywhere.

Default Nice people are nice!

+10 kindness points to wingedkitten, Stormytime and Loxy41 for being so helpful. Good on ya, folks.

Champion

You'll want probably want decorated with Mathos (Stillmoor) for the Focus rings and Dragonslayer (Shimmersand) for the Focus neck. Just those three combined will put you at 60+ focus, enough to run T1 dungeons and only a crafted item or two (plus runes) away from T2s.

You will want Glorified with Order of Mathos (Join a mob grinding raid in Stillmoor), Icewatch (Dailies or run AP) and Dragonslayer Covenant (Dailies of run CC.) They all give unique Runes for the Belt, Helm and Legs respectively. The consumables provided are incredibly easy to get and you won't have to actually work towards that Notoriety, it'll just come from levelling in those zones.
    The purchasable gear from the factions is very mediocre, get the really good craftble shoulders/chest/ring/weapon, they are incredibly good.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 10-05-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Nope.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You will want Glorified with Order of Mathos (Join a mob grinding raid in Stillmoor), Icewatch (Dailies or run AP) and Dragonslayer Covenant (Dailies of run CC.) They all give unique Runes for the Belt, Helm and Legs respectively. The consumables provided are incredibly easy to get and you won't have to actually work towards that Notoriety, it'll just come from levelling in those zones.
    The purchasable gear from the factions is very mediocre, get the really good craftble shoulders/chest/ring/weapon, they are incredibly good.
    Runeguard rep is also good, they have some good belt runes you can buy as well whilst you grind out glorified mathos.

The 3 level 50 reps are of course nice, but you seem to want to know what to watch for when leveling so... Red Scar, Arcane Hand, and Runeguard all give the 2nd best versions of the runes from the level 50 factions, and they don't require glorified (in cast only 1 of those factions will even let you go glorified). I still use those runes because I'm not glorified with the level 50 ones yet.

Ascendant

You don't really need to grind rep if you do the areas you're in thoroughly and over a period. That way you get the daily stuff. Trouble is if you do not craft something you are going to lose out on the quartermaster quests which take you to the different rep quartermasters. So certainly gather but use this to craft. And if you do butcher outfitter and runemaster you can gather cloth farm hide and make stuff to do the daily quartermaster rep and craft grind and also break the stuff to make runes. And trust me a healthy augment and rune on gear will outdo any gear benefit from rep. And being a mage you need the cloth. You could also try artificer for the staff but I find making stuff is useless to actually use other than runes and pots.

Anyway by the time you get to 50 you will see that the early areas rep are no longer any use to you so the trek to 50 should pretty much focus on levelling and crafting and the notoriety will just follow. By the way its better levelling say 4 or 6 characters for healthy crafting cus all your stuff gets used. And the daily quartermaster grinds become really easy when you have sent all your foraged plants to your apothecary. You can level most skills without even leaving Sanctum sometimes other than visiting quartermasters.

Recipes generally become obsolete in this game cus you both level way faster than crafting and gear on the AH is always better.
    Last edited by Ajhal; 10-06-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Telaran

The Factions you most want rep with is the Order of Mathos in Stillmoor, Icewatch in Iron Pine Peak, Dragonslayers in Shimmersand and The Order of the Eye (or whatever the Defiant equivalent is) open PVP faction. Mostly, you want these for the runes they eventually offer.

You needn't worry too much about the elemental Factions. As long as you don't totally go out of your way to avoid Rifts and Invasions as you level, you'll likely have enough rep with them all to buy essences, and that's all you really need.
    OniGanon's Guide to Getting out of Green Gear (for Guardians)
    Are you a fresh 50 Mage or close to it? Click the link and help me help you help us all.

Soulwalker

Thank you so much everyone for your advise! This is what I and many people love to see is help from veterians on such short notice. Thank you very much everyone you all were very helpful!!!

+ Reply to Thread