+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Chloromancer IS NOT Support

Default Chloromancer IS NOT Support

Chloromancer is not a Support class. It is a healer. Stop queuing as Chloro support.

No matter what your chloro spec is... It doesnt matter. You are not giving the party what actual support classes really give.

Trion needs to make it so ONLY OFFICIAL SUPPORT BUILDS like Archon and Bard can queue as the Support class slot.

I get chloromancers as my support 80% of the time. I'm a healer, so this makes my job really boring. 2 healers is really boring. It makes my job split in half so its too easy, and makes the DPS too low and the dungeon takes forever.

Please everyone, rate up this post, comment your support so that your dungeons dont take 10 years, and healers arent going to die of boredom. Thank you.

Make your chloro go dps then. Done.

yea! and take away bard heals, support doesnt heal!

stupid mages using archon/chloro

in other news, its unfortunate, but if you have a healer that doesnt suck, you shouldnt need support at all in any dungeon except MMDD, and a select few bosses in T2

just tell them to go full dps until you need them support
    Last edited by xanduin246; 10-04-2011 at 02:07 PM.

You can be a full 51 chloro but the minute you add archon or dominator it makes you a support class
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Ask them nicely to DPS then. Or just have them heal and you dps. Tada, done.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

No. Support adds more DPS than another DPS if they're doing it right. They give every role a buff, and do dmg themselves.

Thats why support is so important and why the game is balanced around every party having a support.

Champion

SUPPORT is not JUST buffs and CC.

You can CHANGE ROLES.

Some HEALERS need A second HEALER.

I love CAPS LIKE YOU!

I agree when it comes to 51 Chloromancer. I do not agree when it comes to Chloromancer hybrids such as Chlorolock. It gives added healing, added dps, and some CC. The only thing missing is additional buffs, although I do give everyone extra endurance.

"Minus! Five! Stars!" for asking for free ratings.
    Last edited by Zsokorad; 10-04-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

Shadowlander

Aside from your apparent boredom as a healer, is it that big of a deal? Does the system select chloros over bards and archons? It's all random. Buffs are cool, but haven't heard anyone complain about having extra heals before.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRox View Post
    Chloromancer is not a Support class.
    My 51pt chloro that can queue as support says "Wrong-o, Bunky!".

Not that it matters. Seriously, who wants or needs support in five person instances? mmDD, maybe, but even then... Meh.

The whole support is X argument became moot way back with the 1.2 nerfs, when the entire concept became superfluous for anything but raids.

No. Support adds more DPS than another DPS if they're doing it right. They give every role a buff, and do dmg themselves.

Thats why support is so important and why the game is balanced around every party having a support.
    No. A bard will give roughly 200-300 dps on top.

If I go DPS I will add 1200+ dps

So losing 600 dps (assuming the other 2 DPS in the group get a boost of 300 each) and adding 1200 is a total gain of 600.

During a Raid however, with 20 people, YES your comment is 100% correct. (I would even go so far as to say a 10 man raid should have at least 1 bard or Archon, maybe not both depending on the fight)

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

ROFL!!!
    THIS game is NOT balanced around support. The first step in balancing a game around support/utility classes is making groups 6man.
    Check out a game with REAL support/utility classes and this is what you will discover.

Plane Touched

In Soviet Russia, Chloromancer IS support!

Shadowlander

this is my opinion.

Chloro has two buffs that affecting how their healing is distributed. One spreads it out over the entire party evenly, one focuses on the tank and reduces group healing done. the group one is what a chloro should be running as support, it lets the main healer focus on the tank, while the chloro focuses on the party, of course, a lot of people in T1 and T2 are so geared now, this isn't needed, and if things are going right, the party isn't needing much healing anyway.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    ROFL!!!
    THIS game is NOT balanced around support. The first step in balancing a game around support/utility classes is making groups 6man.
    Check out a game with REAL support/utility classes and this is what you will discover.
    I'm sorry but the number of people in a group has absolutely no bearing what-so-ever on whether a game is balanced around support or not. I challenge you to prove your position on this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast