Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dissb's New 1.5 Build 48 Warlock / 0 Archon / 18 Archmage

Rift Disciple

Default Dissb's New 1.5 Build 48 Warlock / 0 Archon / 18 Archmage

Dissb's Blog: Tactics, Tips, Tricks and Strategeis for Rift
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Telaran

Pillaging stone is not the same as void bolt: w/ improved VB, VB is much faster. The debuff to players is trivial at R8.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyesin View Post
    Pillaging stone is not the same as void bolt: w/ improved VB, VB is much faster. The debuff to players is trivial at R8.
    No kidding? I bet that's why he specified he'd spend opportunity procs on them. Good catch. You should be a detective.

Soulwalker

How does Pillaging Stone have a higher chance of proccing Opportunity than Void Bolt?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    No kidding? I bet that's why he specified he'd spend opportunity procs on them. Good catch. You should be a detective.
    no duh

it just seems a waste to have archon at all in pvp. if you going to have a soul with zero pts in it, why not dom for some extra CC.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post
    How does Pillaging Stone have a higher chance of proccing Opportunity than Void Bolt?
    Normalization. Longer cast time spells have a higher chance to proc.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Quote Originally Posted by Talyesin View Post
    no duh

it just seems a waste to have archon at all in pvp. if you going to have a soul with zero pts in it, why not dom for some extra CC.
    Pillaging stone certainly ian't stackable prior to joining a WF. And I heard extra health is worthless. I'd much rather have a castable CC that has terrible DR issues and can be broken by a stern look.

I think he's trying to compensate for the lack of 15% healing from Blood Thirsty.

Improved Life Leach increases LL's healing by 30%. Assuming he's around 8k hp, this is around 1200 hp. Searing Vitality gives him 500 hp. He'll need Life Leach to do around 1150 damage in order to recoup the remainder lost. He's also trying to augment his mobility since he wont be able to tank 4 mobs at a time and finish them off anymore.

It's not a bad build - hastened withdrawal is very underrated. It procs a LOT and gives you lots of mobility against rogues. I think that build will do well against most other builds, especially assassin rogues. I think it has some potential problems against VK/RB builds (summon+RW, very little physical damage =few Hastened Procs), MM builds (Eradicate+Hastened shot) and necrolock (soul purge + consumption).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Normalization. Longer cast time spells have a higher chance to proc.
    I See. I never realized the 10% was modified by cast times.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post
    I See. I never realized the 10% was modified by cast times.
    Its not.

A 10% proc chance is determined by the total number of abilities you can use over a period of time. If you use longer cast time abilities you use up a larger chuck of that time resulting in a higher chance to proc.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Looking over the build again, I take back what I said about problems against VK and MM builds. In fact, I think this is one of the better builds against those specs. 10 stacks of buffs should give you a lot of purge protection for shadow life + neddra's essence. Also, Rune Shield gives you a nice durability buff to boot.

This build definitely provides more survivability at the cost of decreased pressure and some BT procs. I think one of the advantages the Necrosis builds had was the increased likelihood one of your DoTs would land the killing blow. With 3 or 4 DoTs ticking on multiple players, the chances you were going to get a killing blow was good. It heavily abused Blood Thirsty.

Now BT doesn't stack and only procs for half the heal over nearly double the time, so he needs to find a build with more survivability. So, it's down to: more mobility, more HP or self-healing or some hybrid. He picked a build that giives him a little of each, and some much needed buff protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Pillaging stone certainly ian't stackable prior to joining a WF. And I heard extra health is worthless. I'd much rather have a castable CC that has terrible DR issues and can be broken by a stern look.
    Dissb can start out a warfront with 10 stacks of filler buffs to protect Shadow Life, warlock armor, Neddra's Essence and Neddra's Strength. In a warfront chock full of MM rogues, this benefit cannot be understated.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 10-04-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Looking over the build again, I take back what I said about problems against VK and MM builds. In fact, I think this is one of the better builds against those specs. 10 stacks of buffs should give you a lot of purge protection for shadow life + neddra's essence. Also, Rune Shield gives you a nice durability buff to boot.

This build definitely provides more survivability at the cost of decreased pressure and some BT procs. I think one of the advantages the Necrosis builds had was the increased likelihood one of your DoTs would land the killing blow. With 3 or 4 DoTs ticking on multiple players, the chances you were going to get a killing blow was good. It heavily abused Blood Thirsty.

Now BT doesn't stack and only procs for half the heal over nearly double the time, so he needs to find a build with more survivability. So, it's down to: more mobility, more HP or self-healing or some hybrid. He picked a build that giives him a little of each, and some much needed buff protection.

Dissb can start out a warfront with 10 stacks of filler buffs to protect Shadow Life, warlock armor, Neddra's Essence and Neddra's Strength. In a warfront chock full of MM rogues, this benefit cannot be understated.
    Jack Burton -

Mad props to you. I put alot of thought in as short of a post as possible, yet you are able to derive so much information from it. You pretty much spelled out my thought process and all the reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by dissb; 10-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Dissb's Blog: Tactics, Tips, Tricks and Strategeis for Rift
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I realize it can be hard to pick out sarcasm in a post, but it was laid on pretty dang thick.

XiL

NecroLock is still more fun and its the only way to effectively down the rogue currently exploiting VM for insane healing. But you need to go 44 Necro so you can stack Last Gasp with Soul Purge and wreck their rambotard face with their own exploit.

Heavy warlock specs are great for open world PvP soloing and against low rank players in PvP. Otherwise its just an annoying spec that offers nothing but a hard to kill target.

Its not as if it doesn't have its place. But there are better 1v1 specs and better AoE specs so using a heavy warlock is just like only wearing the absolute minimum amount of flair.

44 Warlock is the anti melee though. No melee can kill proper 44 warlock. Geared or not.

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    44 Warlock is the anti melee though. No melee can kill proper 44 warlock. Geared or not.
    I'm pretty sure a vk/rb build would kill 44 warlock. Fusion of Flesh against a warlock is basically Touch of Life on a 3 minute cooldown. vk/rb/pally would be low-damage but would give the warrior 3 life bars, which a lock couldn't outlast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast