+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Question not QQ

Telaran

Default PVP Question not QQ

I am currently R5 and play a 35 Dom 31 Necro Spec. I do okay.

How do I kill these new rogues one on one however? I can't do anything against them it seems. Even the R2-3 rogues are biffing me unless I can get in real close.

Not QQ, just trying to get better.

Squirrel, Death's Edict, Storm Shackle, pop shades, apply debuffs, soul drain

And if you really want to make sure he goes down, use Empty the crypts before you pop your shades and Grave Rot.

Soulwalker

Surely Lich Form, Zealot, Empty the Crypts, Split Personality + debuffs is enough to lolpetdeath most rogues?

XiL

Don't heal. Rogue can exploit VM which results in MASSIVE self heals for the rogue if you do any healing to yourself at all. So if you heal debuff them and send your pet that rogue will heal for a ******ed amount every time the pet procs the self heal. And if the pet procs a heal on a Bloodspike crit the rogue gets a complete heal.

Its stupid and Rogue is broken right now. Trion keeps screwing up every patch. There won't be anyone left in a few months when they get around to fixing this new set of issues.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Ascendant

I suggest you get a better spec. For starters, what do you get from 35 dominator that you wouldn't have at 31 dominator? you can move 4 points into archmage for 12% damage easily.

I always found dom/necro to be very cooldown based, too. Recommend trying a different combination.
    Last edited by ururu; 10-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Don't heal. Rogue can exploit VM which results in MASSIVE self heals for the rogue if you do any healing to yourself at all. So if you heal debuff them and send your pet that rogue will heal for a ******ed amount every time the pet procs the self heal. And if the pet procs a heal on a Bloodspike crit the rogue gets a complete heal.

Its stupid and Rogue is broken right now. Trion keeps screwing up every patch. There won't be anyone left in a few months when they get around to fixing this new set of issues.

An exploit is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. The game designers intended for Vampiric Munitions to heal the rogue, therefore use of the ability cannot be an exploit.. If there is a bug in the way the ability calculates the leeched healing amounts, then report it as such. Incessant whining about so-called exploits in these forums is completely counter-productive, and furthers the view that you are nothing more than a troll.

Depends. Im a Warlock and this is my strategy. If your fighting an assassin you need to get some distance. I mass fear them, or stun them, and then dot them as I run away. If they proceed to chase you they will never catch you and you can keep dotting them up until they die.

As for MM you need to break LOS. YOu can dot them up and then move out of sight and use reconstruct to heal yourself back up. Every little bit helps. They will continuously be taking damage whereas they need you in their LOS to hit you.
    Better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

XiL

An exploit is the use of a bug...
    ...there is a bug in the way the ability calculates the leeched healing amounts...
    ...nothing more than a troll.
    So you agree it's an exploit to knowingly use a bug and you are arguing just to troll me into a response? (this is known as baiting and is against the rules of these forums)

I acknowledge your opinion on what constitutes an exploit and I agree that anyone knowingly using this bug is in fact exploiting.

Thanks for your support on this issue. The more responsible rogue come forward the faster this exploit will be fixed.
    Last edited by XiL; 10-04-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Soulwalker

Creative quoting FTL.

An exploit is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. The game designers intended for Vampiric Munitions to heal the rogue, therefore use of the ability cannot be an exploit.
    If there is a bug in the way the ability calculates the leeched healing amounts, then report it as such.
    The portions of my post that are relevant have been highlighted and enlarged. And you accuse me of baiting? lol.

... I agree that anyone knowingly using this bug is in fact exploiting.
    Anyone knowingly using an ability that purportedly is bugged has what, exactly, as an alternative? Not using the ability at all? Are you f**king kidding me?

I would like to point out you still haven't presented anything other than anecdotal evidence to support your claim that Vampiric Munitions is bugged. Put up or shut up, imo.

+ Reply to Thread