+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: crap

Soulwalker

Default crap

for everybody who wanna play mage us pvp never dont touch this f a c k i n g crap ! this char is absolute nonusable for pvp. I pray and hope Triton will fix this crap oneday ... whoever will touch you, you wil die how fast its possible. if you dont believe go to arenas and take a look. I woud like to change this crap for something else (war or rogue ) any idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmax View Post
    for everybody who wanna play mage us pvp never dont touch this f a c k i n g crap ! this char is absolute nonusable for pvp. I pray and hope Triton will fix this crap oneday ... whoever will touch you, you wil die how fast its possible. if you dont believe go to arenas and take a look. I woud like to change this crap for something else (war or rogue ) any idea ?
    What... I don't even...
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Ascendant

I woud like to change this crap for something else (war or rogue ) any idea ?
    Farmville ?

Erm, you sure you're in the correct forums? Arenas --------> that'a'way
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

It's true. There are so many Mage bugs... downranked CC / broken mechanics. I love playing my rouge. But my rank 8 Mage is often not fun to play. Hits land, but little damage, so on and such.
    [

Scrabble? Or perhaps a Dictionary, i would heavily recommend either.

And if you think changing your class will help.. well there are plenty of **** rogues about since 1.5 to suggest this is not the case.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Ascendant

If you're going to change class so you can chase the flavor of the month, don't roll the class that is currently FotM. By the time you hit 50 and get some rank, it'll be time for the next calling in line. Cleric might be a better bet.

The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Shadowlander

Another well written and constructive post within the mage forum. I don't think mages are in such a bad place. But for example if a Rogue or Warrior were to jump me all of a sudden and blow all their cool downs and I could survive this and destroy them at close range even though they did all they could I would be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by faye007 View Post
    Scrabble? Or perhaps a Dictionary, i would heavily recommend either.

And if you think changing your class will help.. well there are plenty of **** rogues about since 1.5 to suggest this is not the case.
    Second language? Or perhaps a third? I consider that smart... and it's apparent this is the case. Maybe we should all learn to play scrabble in Chinese; or French.
    In a perfect world, there are no bugs. All professionals make no errors... and if something is wrong, it's your own fault. Sadly... we don't live in a perfect world.

Even rank 8 Mages have problems in PVP. Mages do ok in Questing. It is debatable if Mages are sufficient in dungeons. Besides. This person is not the first, or the last, to point out the issues. There's even a whole page dedicated to known Mage bugs, and broken mechanics. If Trion fixed them, then I imagine other classes would whine that Mages got buffed; when all it would be, is actually repairing what was broken. That’s when we'll find out, who the bad players are.

On my Mage, I can make due, and work around the broken stuff. On my rogues, I melt faces. Marksman Rogue, is the mage I never had. Range. Easy combo set ups, that do not build off CC, but actual damage builders. I can spend more time maneuvering and running about... without worrying about complex, broken, slow, mage mechanics. On my Rogue, I can afford to take a few hits. On my Mage, a warrior looks at me... and I'm dead. Being a rank 8 Mage, means nothing.

So here’s my suggestion to others. If you’ve played mage for a long time… try a Marksman Rogue. Your avoid training and focus fire, will finally pay off. With a rogue, you get it all. A long range spec. A healing spec. A melee spec. A pet spec. A tank spec.
    Last edited by Palingenesis; 10-04-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    [

Soulwalker

I throwed my money to the air by playing this char in pvp
    Last edited by jazzmax; 10-04-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Plane Touched

You, sir, just need a cup of L2P.

There are plenty of information on how to successfully pvp (and pve) as a mage. Go look for it.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Rift Master

for everybody who wanna play mage us pvp never dont touch this f a c k i n g crap ! This char is absolute nonusable for pvp. I pray and hope triton will fix this crap oneday ... Whoever will touch you, you wil die how fast its possible. If you dont believe go to arenas and take a look. I woud like to change this crap for something else (war or rogue ) any idea ?

learn to play ur stupid noob instead of posting trash on forums, mages rocks!!!
    And when ur saying "arenas" this meaning that u are an WoW player, and that explains everything. Go Back To WoW, we dont like WoW players spamming /4 on shards complaining.
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 10-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/sLpxr.jpg

Rift Master

Your a big NooB and a idiot, it's people like you causing inballance in the game by complaining and asking for buffs when you are a bad player (a WoW player)!

Here is what you throwed money on, mage sucks right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mFxAWAWjE

There are no BUGS with mages. There are numerous fundamental design flaws. Let me number some:

1. Trion thinks that different callings should get different survivability in similiar specs. Compare the nightblade rogues with their numerous damage immunities, all debuff cleances, passives that reduce incoming damage, cc's and stealth to warlocks. The mage equivalent spec is clearly at a great disadvantage in survivability department.
    This has an added problem of having a great disparity between self-heal and additional damage absorption. While the two may even out in a 1v1 fight or maybe the self-healing will win, in any sort of mass pvp self-healing is useless, while the passives shine, and they get the more overpowered the more of them you have - natural absorption passives, healer's skills, armor, resist, valor and so on.

2. Trion thinks that melee classes should always out-damage ranged classes. Fine, there is some logic to it. Unfortunately, many melee classes have so many options to close the distance that the fact they are melee matters nothing. And, as you might have already noticed, there is no 'melee' option for the mage, a spec that would sacrifice range for greatly increased dps and somewhat increased survivability.

3. The itemization if flawed. Mages are not the worst class at this (clerics are), but we get a fair share of useless items and stats. For example, in a reasonable setting 1 sp = 3-4 sc for a mage. Yet many similiar items offer the deal of 'x sp or 2x sc' which is obviously a no-choice in favor of SP. Then, we naturally hit soft cap on spell crit once we get decent gear, and further upgrades do not upgrade the crit chance.

4. CC immunities are flawed. Not only do they make heavy cc souls rather useless (see: stormcaller), they are not fool-proof as one random ****** can sabotage a friendly dominator's controls, and they favor melee classes over ranged ones. The number of cc break abilities also fits in there. Compare how many cc breaks warriors and rogues have to how many mages and clerics have (0 expect for break free). Nuff' said.

5. Utility is flawed. Right now, warriors are by far the strongest utility class for pvp, and will forever remain one (see: lingering wounds). No matter how many ccs or debuffs you bring, you will not outshine a warrior, as he has more mobility, survivability, and his abilities that matter can not be dispelled.

6. Cast times are flawed. Im getting tired of writing down things any reasonable player understands. As it stands now, mages get no benefit as in increased damage, survivability, or utility for having cast times that are prone to being interrupted, deprive you of mobility, and increase the reaction times.

7. 1.5 sec GCD is flawed. As are relevant skills that ignore the GCD. How many of those do mages have? Good guess, right you! Zero! Toggleable abilities do not count. They should not be toggleable in the first place, but fire-and-forget temp buffs and/or passives instead. They add unnecessary complexity and work off...

8. A flawed class mechanics. Yes, charge is flawed beyond reason. Rogues and warriors have combo points that are also detrimental, but to a lesser extent. Charge is flawed in both acquisition and use. You may think that longer cast time spells generate more charge, but you may wish to re-examine them, as it's clearly not the case. Charge dumps are mostly toggle skills that do nothing unique, and/or unique charge consumption skills like Eye of the Storm that are unusable cause of charge consumption. To make this an interesting feature, they should add unique bonuses for storing 100 charge and unique skills to dump it. Then, you'll have a CHOICE like the rogue with their many finishers, you'd choose the effect you want and adjust your strategy to it. As of now, most of the charge skills are meaningless: they are generic short duration buffs, they bring nothing unique, challenging and engaging to the gameplay. Except the need to toggle them nonstop to be competitive with other callings.

The list goes on and on, but long story short: mages will never be fixed in this game, as the roots of their problems are so deep in game design, it will literally take making a brand new game to fix them.
    Last edited by Halman; 10-04-2011 at 08:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast